|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Dowager Queen wants Crawford of Lymond to be ____________________.
(a) Her personal chef.
(b) Her daughter's husband.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her spy in France.
2. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
(a) He believes that he should not play any role in Queen Mary's protection.
(b) He can make more money.
(c) He can think independently.
(d) He can take more risks.
3. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
(a) Queen Mary.
(d) The Dowager Queen.
4. It is learned from Tom that the Queen Mother wants King Henry's help in ousting the ___________________ from the governorship of Scotland.
(a) Earl of Cornwall.
(b) Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Earl of Arran.
(d) Earl of Strathearn.
5. Who is the King's lover?
6. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
7. Who is Michel Herrison?
(a) A Scottish sculptor.
(b) A French fisherman.
(c) An English spy.
(d) A Scottish carpenter.
8. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is shooting her cubs.
(b) He is aiming a gun at him.
(c) He is holding the hare.
(d) He is skinning a deer.
9. What spooks the horses in the parade?
10. Rouen is the capital city in _________________.
11. What does Robin ask Thady to do?
(a) Find him a horse for the hunt tomorrow.
(b) Go boar hunting with him.
(c) Leave O'LiamRoe for a better master.
(d) Buy them some ale.
12. What does O'LiamRoe see on a shelf that upsets him?
(a) Books on Scottish history.
(b) A bottle of laudanum.
(c) An abandoned rag doll.
(d) A pair of gloves.
13. How does the leveret die?
(a) It runs into a trap.
(b) Attacked by the cheetah.
(c) From fear.
(d) It is shot.
14. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
(a) Pay a large sum of money to remain at court for the summer.
(b) Issue a formal apology to the King.
(c) Take the first boat back to Ireland.
(d) Leave the castle and find lodging at local inns.
15. The riddle before Part Two in the book is about __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue is left behind regarding one of the arsonists?
2. Sir George Douglas writes an anonymous letter to Queen Catherine that ___________________ should be invited to court.
3. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
4. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
5. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)