|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Dowager Queen?
(a) Anne de Guise.
(b) Elizabeth de Guise.
(c) Catherine de Guise.
(d) Mary de Guise.
2. How many men go on the steeplechase?
3. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His support of her plan.
(b) His gift of jewelry.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His services.
4. Why is Robin Stewart so angry with John Stewart?
(a) John cheated him at a card game.
(b) John has stolen his inheritance.
(c) Jenny has taken a liking to John.
(d) John decides he no longer needs Robin's services.
5. Lymond learns that Queen Mary's room is never guarded _________________________.
(a) When the Queen Mother is visiting.
(b) Before midnight.
(c) When the King comes to visit Jenny.
(d) During the Summer months.
6. It is learned from Tom that the Queen Mother wants King Henry's help in ousting the ___________________ from the governorship of Scotland.
(a) Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Earl of Arran.
(c) Earl of Strathearn.
(d) Earl of Cornwall.
7. What does O'LiamRoe see on a shelf that upsets him?
(a) An abandoned rag doll.
(b) A pair of gloves.
(c) A bottle of laudanum.
(d) Books on Scottish history.
8. Phelim O'LiamRoe is a/an ________________ prince.
9. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
(a) While horseback riding.
(b) During the cheetah attack.
(c) On a fishing expedition.
(d) During dinner.
10. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is holding the hare.
(b) He is aiming a gun at him.
(c) He is skinning a deer.
(d) He is shooting her cubs.
11. Who is the father of Jenny's unborn child?
(a) The King.
(d) Sir George.
12. Jenny Fleming has come to view a plaster ________________.
13. When does Thady know he can begin with his plans?
(a) When Queen Mary turns 21.
(b) When the Queen Mother issues an order.
(c) When he gets the message.
(d) When he is accepted at court.
14. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(b) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(c) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(d) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
15. What does O'LiamRoe do that shocks the King's courtiers?
(a) He does not let the King win the match.
(b) He swears and curses.
(c) He plays tennis in the nude.
(d) He verbally insults the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Erskine is to make a treaty between Scotland and ______________.
2. What spooks the horses in the parade?
3. Sir George Douglas writes an anonymous letter to Queen Catherine that ___________________ should be invited to court.
4. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
5. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)