|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the King sympathetic toward Thady at the dinner?
(a) His young wife died during childbirth.
(b) His sad story of a childhood spent at an orphanage.
(c) His injuries from the elephant debacle are displayed.
(d) His stories of the crossing to France sound miserable.
2. Who is Michel Herrison?
(a) A Scottish sculptor.
(b) A French fisherman.
(c) A Scottish carpenter.
(d) An English spy.
3. What is at the beginning of Part One: The Vulgar Lyre: The Fork is Chosen?
(a) A sonnet.
(b) A poem.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A riddle.
4. What are the men doing when the courtiers arrive in Neuve?
(a) Drinking in a tavern.
(c) Boar hunting.
(d) Dancing at a ball.
5. What does O'LiamRoe do that shocks the King's courtiers?
(a) He swears and curses.
(b) He does not let the King win the match.
(c) He plays tennis in the nude.
(d) He verbally insults the king.
6. Who joins Thady in the rooftop race?
(a) Lord Lynley.
(b) Piedar Dooley.
(c) Robin Stewart.
(d) Sir George.
7. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
(a) 15 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 30 years.
8. Where is the French court headed for Christmas?
9. Who is the French King insulted by O'Liam Roe?
(a) King Arthur V.
(b) King Henry II.
(c) King Louis III.
(d) King Charles IV.
10. Phelim O'LiamRoe is a/an ________________ prince.
11. What is learned about Abernaci's homeland?
(a) He is from Spain.
(b) He is from Scotland.
(c) He is from Persia.
(d) He is from England.
12. What does the King offer to Thady as a gesture of thanks for diverting the elephants?
(a) A courtier position.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) A castle and land.
(d) Dinner with the King.
13. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
(a) During the cheetah attack.
(b) During dinner.
(c) While horseback riding.
(d) On a fishing expedition.
14. Who is the father of Jenny's unborn child?
(c) The King.
(d) Sir George.
15. Who is the King's main mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rouen is the capital city in _________________.
2. What does O'LiamRoe see on a shelf that upsets him?
3. Who is Abernaci?
4. The King's courtiers want Thady to plan a race _____________________.
5. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)