|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Michel Herrison?
(a) A French fisherman.
(b) A Scottish carpenter.
(c) A Scottish sculptor.
(d) An English spy.
2. Who is Jenny Fleming's daughter?
(a) Margaret Erskine.
(b) Allyson McCoy.
(c) Mary Fleming.
(d) Barbara Beadle.
3. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
4. What clue is left behind regarding one of the arsonists?
(a) A wick and oil.
(b) A feather from a hat.
(c) A packet of tobacco.
(d) A heel-less shoe print in the mud.
5. Which person does Sir George name as a possible assassin?
(a) Queen Marie.
(b) Queen Charlotte.
(c) Queen Louisa.
(d) Queen Catherine.
6. What are the men doing when the courtiers arrive in Neuve?
(b) Drinking in a tavern.
(c) Dancing at a ball.
(d) Boar hunting.
7. The riddle before Part Two in the book is about __________________.
8. Which ship crashes during a squall into the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) Gouden Roos.
(b) Gouden Reese.
(c) Gooden Rose.
(d) Gooden Roos.
9. Sir George wants Lymond to help him acquire the position of ________________.
(a) Duke of Edinburgh.
(b) Scots Ambassador.
(c) Earl of Lyons.
(d) Governorship of Scotland.
10. What animal attacks O'LiamRoe's dog?
11. O'LiamRoe is disappointed that everything ended the way it did with the French because ____________________.
(a) He wanted to create an alliance with France.
(b) No one tried to kill him.
(c) He wanted to stay for a few years.
(d) He wanted to become a member of the French court.
12. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
(a) He can take more risks.
(b) He can make more money.
(c) He believes that he should not play any role in Queen Mary's protection.
(d) He can think independently.
13. What is the name of the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) La Suavee.
(b) La Solstice.
(c) La Sauvee.
(d) La Sauvant.
14. Knowing he is poisoned, __________________ tries to preserve his life while making it seem as if he did not realize he had been poisoned.
(b) Sir George.
15. What happens to Thady during dinner with the King?
(a) He passes out drunk.
(b) He becomes the center of attention.
(c) He is escorted out for insubordination.
(d) He is knighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
2. Who is the King's main mistress?
3. Who wins the steeplechase?
4. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
5. Which of the following does NOT get caught in a cage on the court's journey?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)