|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
(a) He can think independently.
(b) He can take more risks.
(c) He can make more money.
(d) He believes that he should not play any role in Queen Mary's protection.
2. What spooks the horses in the parade?
3. Which person does Sir George name as a possible assassin?
(a) Queen Charlotte.
(b) Queen Louisa.
(c) Queen Marie.
(d) Queen Catherine.
4. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
(a) Tom Lymond.
(b) Tom Windsor.
(c) Tom Watson.
(d) Tom Erskine.
5. Who is Jenny Fleming's daughter?
(a) Margaret Erskine.
(b) Barbara Beadle.
(c) Allyson McCoy.
(d) Mary Fleming.
6. Why does the Queen Mother want the Earl removed from the Governorship of Scotland?
(a) She wants the position.
(b) She wants her son to have the position.
(c) She has learned that he swindled tax money.
(d) She thinks he is too old to do the job properly anymore.
7. What is the name of O'LiamRoe's dog?
8. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
9. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(b) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
(c) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
(d) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
10. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
(a) 5 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 12 years.
11. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
(a) The Dowager Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) Queen Mary.
12. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His support of her plan.
(b) His services.
(c) His gift of jewelry.
(d) His kindness.
13. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
(a) Whips it.
(b) Shoots it.
(c) Reins it in.
(d) Stabs it.
14. It is learned from Tom that the Queen Mother wants King Henry's help in ousting the ___________________ from the governorship of Scotland.
(a) Earl of Cambridge.
(b) Earl of Strathearn.
(c) Earl of Cornwall.
(d) Earl of Arran.
15. Who is Pierre Destaiz?
(a) The man with one heel.
(b) The King's tennis coach.
(c) The elephant trainer.
(d) The King's valet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
2. How does Robin Stewart think that Thady should feel about his evening with the King?
3. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
4. Who is Robin Stewart?
5. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)