|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The riddle before Part Two in the book is about __________________.
2. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(b) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(c) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(d) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that the Queen Mother wants?
(a) Make her friends and relatives even more powerful.
(b) Marry her daughter off to the Dauphin.
(c) To marry the King of France.
(d) To make herself Governorship of Scotland.
4. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
(a) An underground group.
(b) The Scottish guard.
(c) The French court.
(d) The British monarchy.
5. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 30 years.
6. Robin Stewart decides that he is going to return to __________________.
7. What is the name of the Dowager Queen?
(a) Catherine de Guise.
(b) Anne de Guise.
(c) Elizabeth de Guise.
(d) Mary de Guise.
8. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
(a) The King.
(b) Queen Mary.
(c) The Dowager Queen.
9. What happens to O'LiamRoe's dog after being attacked by the cheetah?
(a) O'LiamRoe lets it ride in a wagon for a while.
(b) O'Liam Roe washes it and gives it some food.
(c) O'LiamRoe kills it.
(d) O'LiamRoe stitches its wounds.
10. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
(a) To his room.
(b) To see Jenny.
(c) To the stables.
(d) To a tavern.
11. Who is Oonagh?
(a) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(b) A Scottish seamstress.
(c) Mary de Guise's lady in waiting.
(d) John Stewart's wife.
12. Who is the King's lover?
13. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
(a) The courtiers.
(b) The groomsmen.
(c) The valets.
14. What does Robin ask Thady to do?
(a) Find him a horse for the hunt tomorrow.
(b) Leave O'LiamRoe for a better master.
(c) Buy them some ale.
(d) Go boar hunting with him.
15. Why do the Rouennois not notice the entrance of the Irish?
(a) The Irish arrived under the cover of darkness.
(b) There were only a few Irish.
(c) The Irish tried to blend in with the other guests.
(d) They are exhausted from preparing for the King's arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jenny Fleming could more accurately be called Queen Mary's ___________________.
2. Phelim O'LiamRoe is a/an ________________ prince.
3. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
4. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
5. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)