|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jenny Fleming could more accurately be called Queen Mary's ___________________.
(a) Needlework instructor.
(c) Mischief companion.
2. Thomas Erskine is to make a treaty between Scotland and ______________.
3. Who is Jenny Fleming?
(a) The Queen Mother's lady-in-waiting.
(b) Queen Mary's governess.
(c) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(d) The French King's mistress.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that the Queen Mother wants?
(a) To marry the King of France.
(b) Make her friends and relatives even more powerful.
(c) To make herself Governorship of Scotland.
(d) Marry her daughter off to the Dauphin.
5. Why is Robin Stewart so angry with John Stewart?
(a) John cheated him at a card game.
(b) John has stolen his inheritance.
(c) Jenny has taken a liking to John.
(d) John decides he no longer needs Robin's services.
6. Why does Oonagh agree to start a relationship with a certain man?
(a) To live with him in Scotland.
(b) To convince him to leave France.
(c) To marry a wealthy man.
(d) To make another man jealous.
7. What has O'LiamRoe purchased for Oonagh?
(a) An estate.
(b) A ring.
(c) A dog.
(d) A carriage.
8. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
(a) The Scottish guard.
(b) The French court.
(c) An underground group.
(d) The British monarchy.
9. What is at the beginning of Part One: The Vulgar Lyre: The Fork is Chosen?
(a) A poem.
(b) A sonnet.
(c) A riddle.
(d) A prayer.
10. Jenny Fleming has come to view a plaster ________________.
11. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
12. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
(b) Sir George.
13. What do Queen Mary and Jenny have in common?
(a) They both stutter.
(b) They have red hair.
(c) They are left-handed.
(d) They have brown eyes.
14. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
(a) The elephants are to be shot and disposed of.
(b) The excitement during the parade was an assassination attempt.
(c) The King wants the parade to be run again tomorrow.
(d) The King no longer wants elephants in parades.
15. What city is crowded waiting for the arrival of the King?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
2. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
3. Who/What dies as a result of eating the item meant for Queen Mary?
4. What spooks the elephants in the parade?
5. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)