|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'LiamRoe learns that the French court is planning to make a fool out of O'LiamRoe by ____________________.
(a) Making him sit with the children during dinner.
(b) Making him sing in front of the court.
(c) Rescinding the King's invitation at the last minute.
(d) Trying to convince him that the King's double is actually the King.
2. Lymond discovers that some ______________ given to Queen Mary could have been poisoned.
3. Knowing he is poisoned, __________________ tries to preserve his life while making it seem as if he did not realize he had been poisoned.
(b) Sir George.
4. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
(b) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(c) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(d) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
5. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is holding the hare.
(b) He is shooting her cubs.
(c) He is skinning a deer.
(d) He is aiming a gun at him.
6. Mary de Guise is about to sail to which country?
7. What does O'LiamRoe do that shocks the King's courtiers?
(a) He plays tennis in the nude.
(b) He does not let the King win the match.
(c) He verbally insults the king.
(d) He swears and curses.
8. Who is Jenny Fleming's daughter?
(a) Mary Fleming.
(b) Barbara Beadle.
(c) Allyson McCoy.
(d) Margaret Erskine.
9. What does O'LiamRoe wear when he shows up at the royal residence?
(a) His formal evening wear.
(b) A suit of armor.
(c) His everyday clothes.
(d) His nightclothes.
10. Why does the Queen Mother want the Earl removed from the Governorship of Scotland?
(a) She wants the position.
(b) She has learned that he swindled tax money.
(c) She wants her son to have the position.
(d) She thinks he is too old to do the job properly anymore.
11. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
(a) Refuses to bow to the King.
(b) Falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) Slams his hand down on Thady's hand.
(d) Insists on drinking too much ale.
12. Why do the Rouennois not notice the entrance of the Irish?
(a) The Irish arrived under the cover of darkness.
(b) There were only a few Irish.
(c) The Irish tried to blend in with the other guests.
(d) They are exhausted from preparing for the King's arrival.
13. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
(a) The elephants are to be shot and disposed of.
(b) The King wants the parade to be run again tomorrow.
(c) The King no longer wants elephants in parades.
(d) The excitement during the parade was an assassination attempt.
14. Rouen is the capital city in _________________.
15. Who is Pierre Destaiz?
(a) The man with one heel.
(b) The elephant trainer.
(c) The King's valet.
(d) The King's tennis coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
2. What happens to O'LiamRoe's dog after being attacked by the cheetah?
3. What does O'LiamRoe see on a shelf that upsets him?
4. Who wins the steeplechase?
5. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)