|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
(a) He can take more risks.
(b) He can make more money.
(c) He believes that he should not play any role in Queen Mary's protection.
(d) He can think independently.
2. What do Queen Mary and Jenny have in common?
(a) They both stutter.
(b) They have red hair.
(c) They are left-handed.
(d) They have brown eyes.
3. Why does O'LiamRoe throw wine on Thady?
(a) He is in love with Jenny but Jenny doesn't love him.
(b) He is frustrated that he has not found favor with the King.
(c) He is jealous of his relationship with Oonagh.
(d) He doesn't believe Lymond is doing the job he should be.
4. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
(b) Sir George.
5. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
(a) Queen Mary.
(d) The Dowager Queen.
6. Jenny Fleming could more accurately be called Queen Mary's ___________________.
(a) Mischief companion.
(c) Needlework instructor.
7. Who is Robin Stewart?
(a) An Irish troubador.
(b) An English prince.
(c) A Scottish archer.
(d) A French knight.
8. O'LiamRoe is disappointed that everything ended the way it did with the French because ____________________.
(a) No one tried to kill him.
(b) He wanted to create an alliance with France.
(c) He wanted to become a member of the French court.
(d) He wanted to stay for a few years.
9. Lymond discovers that some ______________ given to Queen Mary could have been poisoned.
10. Who is Michel Herrison?
(a) A Scottish sculptor.
(b) An English spy.
(c) A French fisherman.
(d) A Scottish carpenter.
11. What is the name of the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) La Solstice.
(b) La Sauvant.
(c) La Sauvee.
(d) La Suavee.
12. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
(a) The King no longer wants elephants in parades.
(b) The excitement during the parade was an assassination attempt.
(c) The elephants are to be shot and disposed of.
(d) The King wants the parade to be run again tomorrow.
13. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
(a) While horseback riding.
(b) During dinner.
(c) During the cheetah attack.
(d) On a fishing expedition.
14. Who is the French King insulted by O'Liam Roe?
(a) King Henry II.
(b) King Louis III.
(c) King Arthur V.
(d) King Charles IV.
15. How many men go on the steeplechase?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the King sympathetic toward Thady at the dinner?
2. Sir George wants Lymond to help him acquire the position of ________________.
3. Sir George Douglas writes an anonymous letter to Queen Catherine that ___________________ should be invited to court.
4. Who is the most important royal aboard the ship that crashes?
5. It is learned from Tom that the Queen Mother wants King Henry's help in ousting the ___________________ from the governorship of Scotland.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)