|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
(a) Shoots it.
(b) Reins it in.
(c) Stabs it.
(d) Whips it.
2. Who/What dies as a result of eating the item meant for Queen Mary?
(a) A serf.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
3. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(b) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(c) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(d) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
4. Who is Master Thady Boy Ballagh?
(a) A stable boy.
(b) A poet and singer.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A chef.
5. What does Thady ask of the King in exchange for his performance at the dinner?
(a) More time in France.
(b) Safe passage back to Scotland.
(c) A courtier position.
(d) A dukedom.
6. Sir George Douglas writes an anonymous letter to Queen Catherine that ___________________ should be invited to court.
(a) Richard, Lord Culter.
(b) The Duke of Cornwall.
(c) Crawford of Lymond.
(d) The Earl of Strathearn.
7. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
(a) Issue a formal apology to the King.
(b) Leave the castle and find lodging at local inns.
(c) Take the first boat back to Ireland.
(d) Pay a large sum of money to remain at court for the summer.
8. Who visits Thady to discuss Thady's behavior and to learn what Thady had agreed to?
(a) Tom Erskine.
(b) Tom Lymond.
(c) Tom Windsor.
(d) Tom Watson.
9. Why does Oonagh agree to start a relationship with a certain man?
(a) To convince him to leave France.
(b) To make another man jealous.
(c) To marry a wealthy man.
(d) To live with him in Scotland.
10. Who is the most important royal aboard the ship that crashes?
(a) Prince of Barclay.
(b) Prince of Bowden.
(c) Prince of Balmoral.
(d) Prince of Barrow.
11. Who is Jenny Fleming?
(a) Queen Mary's governess.
(b) The Queen Mother's lady-in-waiting.
(c) The French King's mistress.
(d) O'LiamRoe's niece.
12. Who is Robin Stewart?
(a) An Irish troubador.
(b) A Scottish archer.
(c) An English prince.
(d) A French knight.
13. What pet does Queen Mary have on the hunt with her?
14. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
(a) Sir George.
15. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
(a) Take a holiday.
(b) Visit her daughter.
(c) Pay social calls.
(d) Buy the latest fashions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King's lover?
2. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
3. Who is Michel Herrison?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that the Queen Mother wants?
5. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)