|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'LiamRoe is to meet the French King for a game of ______________.
2. Who is Jenny Fleming?
(a) Queen Mary's governess.
(b) The French King's mistress.
(c) The Queen Mother's lady-in-waiting.
(d) O'LiamRoe's niece.
3. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
(a) The excitement during the parade was an assassination attempt.
(b) The King no longer wants elephants in parades.
(c) The King wants the parade to be run again tomorrow.
(d) The elephants are to be shot and disposed of.
4. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
(a) He smells the smoke and escapes.
(b) He is staying at a different castle.
(c) He has not retired for the evening.
(d) He is in the bed of his servant.
5. Who is Oonagh?
(a) John Stewart's wife.
(b) Mary de Guise's lady in waiting.
(c) A Scottish seamstress.
(d) O'LiamRoe's niece.
6. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
(a) Elizabeth Queen of England.
(b) Charlotte Queen of France.
(c) Mary Queen of Scots.
(d) Sophia Queen of Germany.
7. Sir George wants Lymond to help him acquire the position of ________________.
(a) Governorship of Scotland.
(b) Earl of Lyons.
(c) Duke of Edinburgh.
(d) Scots Ambassador.
8. Lymond discovers clues that lead him to believe that Queen Mary was to be assassinated ___________________.
(a) While horseback riding.
(b) During the cheetah attack.
(c) During dinner.
(d) On a fishing expedition.
9. Where is the French court headed for Christmas?
10. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
(a) Whips it.
(b) Shoots it.
(c) Stabs it.
(d) Reins it in.
11. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
(a) The groomsmen.
(c) The valets.
(d) The courtiers.
12. Who joins Thady in the rooftop race?
(a) Piedar Dooley.
(b) Lord Lynley.
(c) Sir George.
(d) Robin Stewart.
13. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
(a) The British monarchy.
(b) The French court.
(c) The Scottish guard.
(d) An underground group.
14. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
(b) Sir George.
15. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
(a) Visit her daughter.
(b) Buy the latest fashions.
(c) Pay social calls.
(d) Take a holiday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King's main mistress?
2. What does Thady wear to have dinner with the King?
3. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
4. What does O'LiamRoe do that shocks the King's courtiers?
5. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)