|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue is left behind regarding one of the arsonists?
(a) A wick and oil.
(b) A heel-less shoe print in the mud.
(c) A packet of tobacco.
(d) A feather from a hat.
2. Robin Stewart decides that he is going to return to __________________.
3. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
(a) Charlotte Queen of France.
(b) Elizabeth Queen of England.
(c) Sophia Queen of Germany.
(d) Mary Queen of Scots.
4. What spooks the elephants in the parade?
(a) A plaster whale.
(c) A bell.
(d) A whistle.
5. Which ship crashes during a squall into the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) Gooden Roos.
(b) Gouden Roos.
(c) Gouden Reese.
(d) Gooden Rose.
6. Why does the Queen Mother want the Earl removed from the Governorship of Scotland?
(a) She wants her son to have the position.
(b) She has learned that he swindled tax money.
(c) She thinks he is too old to do the job properly anymore.
(d) She wants the position.
7. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
8. Which of the following does NOT get caught in a cage on the court's journey?
(a) Robin Stewart.
(b) A groom.
9. O'LiamRoe is to meet the French King for a game of ______________.
10. Who is Oonagh?
(a) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(b) John Stewart's wife.
(c) A Scottish seamstress.
(d) Mary de Guise's lady in waiting.
11. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
(a) The elephants are to be shot and disposed of.
(b) The excitement during the parade was an assassination attempt.
(c) The King wants the parade to be run again tomorrow.
(d) The King no longer wants elephants in parades.
12. Who is Master Thady Boy Ballagh?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A stable boy.
(c) A poet and singer.
(d) A chef.
13. What is at the beginning of Part One: The Vulgar Lyre: The Fork is Chosen?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A poem.
(c) A riddle.
(d) A sonnet.
14. Which two men save each other periodically while on the race?
(a) Thady and Robin.
(b) Thady and O'LiamRoe.
(c) Robin and O'LiamRoe.
(d) Sir George and Robin.
15. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
(a) The groomsmen.
(b) The courtiers.
(d) The valets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most important royal aboard the ship that crashes?
2. Who is Abernaci?
3. Who/What dies as a result of eating the item meant for Queen Mary?
4. What does Sir George tell Lymond about the Queen Mother?
5. Who is the King's main mistress?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)