|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
(a) An underground group.
(b) The British monarchy.
(c) The French court.
(d) The Scottish guard.
2. Where does Thady go when the race is over?
(a) To his room.
(b) To the stables.
(c) To see Jenny.
(d) To a tavern.
3. Why do the Rouennois not notice the entrance of the Irish?
(a) The Irish arrived under the cover of darkness.
(b) They are exhausted from preparing for the King's arrival.
(c) The Irish tried to blend in with the other guests.
(d) There were only a few Irish.
4. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
(a) The courtiers.
(c) The groomsmen.
(d) The valets.
5. What is Thady kept busy doing as the court travels to its winter quarters?
(b) Feeding the chickens.
(c) Grooming the horses.
6. What is the name of the Dowager Queen?
(a) Elizabeth de Guise.
(b) Mary de Guise.
(c) Catherine de Guise.
(d) Anne de Guise.
7. Who is Jenny Fleming's daughter?
(a) Barbara Beadle.
(b) Mary Fleming.
(c) Margaret Erskine.
(d) Allyson McCoy.
8. Which of the following does NOT get caught in a cage on the court's journey?
(a) A groom.
(b) Robin Stewart.
9. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(b) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(c) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(d) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
10. Which ship crashes during a squall into the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) Gouden Reese.
(b) Gooden Rose.
(c) Gouden Roos.
(d) Gooden Roos.
11. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His services.
(b) His gift of jewelry.
(c) His support of her plan.
(d) His kindness.
12. What does Robin ask Thady to do?
(a) Buy them some ale.
(b) Find him a horse for the hunt tomorrow.
(c) Leave O'LiamRoe for a better master.
(d) Go boar hunting with him.
13. Who is Abernaci?
(a) The King's astrologer.
(b) The King's personal physician.
(c) The court jester.
(d) The keeper of the King's elephants.
14. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
(a) Charlotte Queen of France.
(b) Elizabeth Queen of England.
(c) Sophia Queen of Germany.
(d) Mary Queen of Scots.
15. O'LiamRoe is to meet the French King for a game of ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Thady know he can begin with his plans?
2. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
3. What do Queen Mary and Jenny have in common?
4. Who asks Oonagh if she loves him?
5. Sir George wants Lymond to help him acquire the position of ________________.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)