|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sir George wants Lymond to help him acquire the position of ________________.
(a) Earl of Lyons.
(b) Governorship of Scotland.
(c) Duke of Edinburgh.
(d) Scots Ambassador.
2. Which ship crashes during a squall into the ship loaded with royals bound for France?
(a) Gouden Roos.
(b) Gooden Roos.
(c) Gooden Rose.
(d) Gouden Reese.
3. Mary de Guise is known as the ___________________
(a) Queen Constant.
(b) Familial Queen.
(c) Queen Regnant.
(d) Queen Mother.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that the Queen Mother wants?
(a) Marry her daughter off to the Dauphin.
(b) To make herself Governorship of Scotland.
(c) Make her friends and relatives even more powerful.
(d) To marry the King of France.
5. Oonagh decides to start a relationship with whom?
(b) Sir George.
6. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
(a) Issue a formal apology to the King.
(b) Take the first boat back to Ireland.
(c) Leave the castle and find lodging at local inns.
(d) Pay a large sum of money to remain at court for the summer.
7. Why does Oonagh agree to start a relationship with a certain man?
(a) To marry a wealthy man.
(b) To live with him in Scotland.
(c) To convince him to leave France.
(d) To make another man jealous.
8. What is Thady kept busy doing as the court travels to its winter quarters?
(b) Grooming the horses.
(c) Feeding the chickens.
9. Which of the following does NOT get caught in a cage on the court's journey?
(b) A groom.
(d) Robin Stewart.
10. Sir George thinks that the would-be assassin is a member of ___________________.
(a) An underground group.
(b) The French court.
(c) The British monarchy.
(d) The Scottish guard.
11. Mary de Guise's daughter is betrothed to marry the heir to the _______________ throne.
12. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
(b) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(c) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(d) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
13. Lymond works for himself because _______________________.
(a) He can think independently.
(b) He believes that he should not play any role in Queen Mary's protection.
(c) He can make more money.
(d) He can take more risks.
14. This is the first visit to France in _________________ for Mary de Guise.
(a) 30 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 12 years.
15. It is learned from Tom that the Queen Mother wants King Henry's help in ousting the ___________________ from the governorship of Scotland.
(a) Earl of Cornwall.
(b) Earl of Cambridge.
(c) Earl of Arran.
(d) Earl of Strathearn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Lymond reveal to Abernaci?
2. Thomas Erskine is to make a treaty between Scotland and ______________.
3. Queen Mary's life is at stake and ____________ are suspects.
4. What spooks the elephants in the parade?
5. What does Robin ask Thady to do?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)