|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Thady during dinner with the King?
(a) He is knighted.
(b) He becomes the center of attention.
(c) He passes out drunk.
(d) He is escorted out for insubordination.
2. Who is the daughter of Mary de Guise?
(a) Sophia Queen of Germany.
(b) Elizabeth Queen of England.
(c) Charlotte Queen of France.
(d) Mary Queen of Scots.
3. Why do the Rouennois not notice the entrance of the Irish?
(a) The Irish tried to blend in with the other guests.
(b) They are exhausted from preparing for the King's arrival.
(c) There were only a few Irish.
(d) The Irish arrived under the cover of darkness.
4. What spooks the elephants in the parade?
(a) A plaster whale.
(b) A bell.
(d) A whistle.
5. When does Thady know he can begin with his plans?
(a) When he gets the message.
(b) When Queen Mary turns 21.
(c) When the Queen Mother issues an order.
(d) When he is accepted at court.
6. Rouen is the capital city in _________________.
7. Lymond learns that Queen Mary's room is never guarded _________________________.
(a) When the King comes to visit Jenny.
(b) When the Queen Mother is visiting.
(c) During the Summer months.
(d) Before midnight.
8. Who is Jenny Fleming?
(a) The French King's mistress.
(b) O'LiamRoe's niece.
(c) Queen Mary's governess.
(d) The Queen Mother's lady-in-waiting.
9. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
(a) Buy the latest fashions.
(b) Take a holiday.
(c) Visit her daughter.
(d) Pay social calls.
10. Lymond plans on using his time at dinner with the King to ______________________.
(a) Convince the King that he should be Queen Mary's chief bodyguard.
(b) Convince the King to allow him and O'LiamRoe a long-term stay.
(c) Convince the King that he needs more bodyguards.
(d) Convince the King to make him a Duke.
11. Lymond discovers that some ______________ given to Queen Mary could have been poisoned.
12. What is the name of O'LiamRoe's dog?
13. What does O'LiamRoe see on a shelf that upsets him?
(a) A pair of gloves.
(b) An abandoned rag doll.
(c) A bottle of laudanum.
(d) Books on Scottish history.
14. Phelim O'LiamRoe is a/an ________________ prince.
15. Why does the cheetah try to attack Robin Stewart?
(a) He is aiming a gun at him.
(b) He is skinning a deer.
(c) He is holding the hare.
(d) He is shooting her cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Queen Mary and Jenny have in common?
2. Who wins the steeplechase?
3. What makes the King sympathetic toward Thady at the dinner?
4. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
5. Who is the King's main mistress?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)