|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King's courtiers want Thady to plan a race _____________________.
(a) Around the perimeter of the estate.
(b) Around the lake.
(c) From one tavern to another.
(d) Over the rooftops of the town.
2. Who is Michel Herrison?
(a) A Scottish sculptor.
(b) A French fisherman.
(c) An English spy.
(d) A Scottish carpenter.
3. Which person does Sir George name as a possible assassin?
(a) Queen Louisa.
(b) Queen Charlotte.
(c) Queen Catherine.
(d) Queen Marie.
4. What does Sir George Douglas do during a tour of the castle?
(a) Refuses to bow to the King.
(b) Falls down a flight of stairs.
(c) Insists on drinking too much ale.
(d) Slams his hand down on Thady's hand.
5. O'LiamRoe is disappointed that everything ended the way it did with the French because ____________________.
(a) He wanted to become a member of the French court.
(b) He wanted to stay for a few years.
(c) He wanted to create an alliance with France.
(d) No one tried to kill him.
6. Thomas Erskine is to make a treaty between Scotland and ______________.
7. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His kindness.
(b) His support of her plan.
(c) His services.
(d) His gift of jewelry.
8. What does the King offer to Thady as a gesture of thanks for diverting the elephants?
(a) Dinner with the King.
(b) A castle and land.
(c) A courtier position.
(d) Gold coins.
9. Robin Stewart decides that he is going to return to __________________.
10. Mary de Guise had been the bride of King James V of which country?
11. What happens to Thady during dinner with the King?
(a) He passes out drunk.
(b) He is knighted.
(c) He becomes the center of attention.
(d) He is escorted out for insubordination.
12. Where does the French court arrive in Part Two: Dangerous Juggles: III: Aubigny: Boldness of Denial?
13. Who is Abernaci?
(a) The keeper of the King's elephants.
(b) The court jester.
(c) The King's astrologer.
(d) The King's personal physician.
14. Lymond talks to Abernaci about the ________________ he has for the elephants.
15. Where is the French court headed for Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sir George Douglas writes an anonymous letter to Queen Catherine that ___________________ should be invited to court.
2. What happens to O'LiamRoe's dog after being attacked by the cheetah?
3. Who is Master Thady Boy Ballagh?
4. Lymond wants to know if it is he or ______________ who Pierre is trying to kill.
5. What does Thady do to temporarily stop the elephant?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)