|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Crawford of Lymond is actually __________________.
(a) Willie Boy Ballou.
(b) Charlie Boy Boyer.
(c) Thady Boy Ballagh.
(d) Eddie Boy Ballard.
2. Jenny Fleming could more accurately be called Queen Mary's ___________________.
(c) Needlework instructor.
(d) Mischief companion.
3. Why is O'LiamRoe not hurt when his bed catches on fire?
(a) He is staying at a different castle.
(b) He is in the bed of his servant.
(c) He has not retired for the evening.
(d) He smells the smoke and escapes.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that the Queen Mother wants?
(a) Make her friends and relatives even more powerful.
(b) To marry the King of France.
(c) To make herself Governorship of Scotland.
(d) Marry her daughter off to the Dauphin.
5. Where is the French court headed for Christmas?
6. O'LiamRoe learns that the French court is planning to make a fool out of O'LiamRoe by ____________________.
(a) Making him sing in front of the court.
(b) Making him sit with the children during dinner.
(c) Trying to convince him that the King's double is actually the King.
(d) Rescinding the King's invitation at the last minute.
7. O'LiamRoe is attacked by a man named Cornishman who is a ___________________.
(d) Dock worker.
8. Lymond talks to Abernaci about the ________________ he has for the elephants.
9. How many men go on the steeplechase?
10. What does the French King order the visiting Irish to do?
(a) Issue a formal apology to the King.
(b) Take the first boat back to Ireland.
(c) Pay a large sum of money to remain at court for the summer.
(d) Leave the castle and find lodging at local inns.
11. Who joins Thady in the rooftop race?
(a) Lord Lynley.
(b) Robin Stewart.
(c) Piedar Dooley.
(d) Sir George.
12. Queen Mary and Jenny are preparing for the entry of whom?
(a) The King.
(b) The Dowager Queen.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The priest.
13. What city is crowded waiting for the arrival of the King?
14. For what does the Queen Mother thank Lymond?
(a) His support of her plan.
(b) His gift of jewelry.
(c) His services.
(d) His kindness.
15. Everyone thinks it is somewhat scandalous that Thady had visited _________________ earlier.
(b) The Dowager Queen.
(c) Queen Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary de Guise must act like nothing is wrong and that she has come to France merely to ___________________.
2. Who is the French King insulted by O'Liam Roe?
3. Who is the King's main mistress?
4. What does Robin ask Thady to do?
5. Knowing he is poisoned, __________________ tries to preserve his life while making it seem as if he did not realize he had been poisoned.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)