Part One: The Vulgar Lyre: The Fork is Chosen, I: Silent in the Boat, II: Dieppe: The Pitfalls and the Deer
• The Dowager Queen of Scotland, Mary de Guise, is about to set sail for France in the mid-1500s and wants Crawford of Lymond precede her in order to spy for her during her visit.
• Mary de Guise is of French birth, was brought to Scotland as King James V's bride and has now been left a widow with a war, a baby queen, and several rebellious nobles.
• The ship bound for France, La Sauvee, is headed to Dieppe with a load of Irish guests headed
to the French court.
• Robin Stewart, a Scottish archer in on board and in search of fame and fortune.
• The most important person aboard the ship is the Prince of Barrow, Phelim O'LiamRoe, who has annoyed the crew with his incessant...
This section contains 3,871 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)