|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he confronts Epstein in the Mess, why does Burnham feel terrific?
(a) He felt well taken care of by Cobb.
(b) He had become an actor instead of a reactor.
(c) He was honored to be writing the speech for the President.
(d) He was starting to feel better about his personal problems.
2. Why is Burnham getting "Q" Clearance?
(a) He has applied for it in order to advance his career.
(b) He has worked for the department for nine years and it is automatic at that point.
(c) The President awards it to his favorite staff members.
(d) He needs it in order to continue working as writer for the President.
3. How does Eva know so much about vitamins?
(a) She helped her father with his vitamins.
(b) From one of her Greenpeace colleagues.
(c) She took a lot of vitamins herself.
(d) She studied nutrition in school.
4. Who can call on a POTUS phone?
(a) The President of The United States.
(b) The Washington DC police.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Soviet Ambassador.
5. What is stapled to the door of Derry's room?
(a) A poster of Arthur Scargill.
(b) A poster of Lenin.
(c) A poster of Carl Marx.
(d) A poster of Che Guevera.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Pym served as a spy for the Soviets?
2. What do members of the White House staff think about being assigned to the E.O.B. ?
3. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
4. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
5. Whose speech does Burnham hear while at college in 1960?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)