|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pym want to go for a walk with Eva?
(a) To tell her he was a Soviet spy.
(b) He wanted to buy some cigarettes.
(c) For the exercise.
(d) To make sure Ivy's cab went the right direction.
2. How does Ivy know she has "struck the mother lode" when she enters the office?
(a) She sees a POTUS phone.
(b) She sees the shredder.
(c) She can tell by the room number.
(d) Signed photos of the President and Burnham are on the wall.
3. Why does Sergeant T have Burnham halt at the guard house?
(a) Seargant T had a message for Burnham from the President.
(b) Burnham isn't wearing his pass.
(c) Seargant T was accustomed to Burnham drivng his car, not walking.
(d) Sergeant T didn't recongnize Burnham.
4. Who does the fellow who claimed to have an appointment with the President, take his orders from?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Soviet Union.
(c) His toaster.
(d) Mr. Pym.
5. How does Sarah demonstrate that she is serious about one of them leaving?
(a) She dressed in a tweed suit.
(b) She packed one suitcase for him and one suitcase for her.
(c) She insists he resign from his job.
(d) She offers to leave if he can take care of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivy think that Mr. Pym wants?
2. Why does Mr. Joslin think that Jerome failed typing?
3. Why does Pym blush when Eva asks why he is interested in the prescription?
4. The toaster and the coffee maker in the kitchen are from which foreign countries?
5. According to this book, how many workers are on the White House staff?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)