* Burnham is given "Q Clearance", a high security clearance within the Department of Energy.
* Burnham learns that he is employed by the Department of Energy.
* Burnham attempts to turn down the promotion.
* Burnham learns that he cannot turn down the promotion.
* Renfro, the bureaucrat who is informing Burnham of his "Q Clearance", expresses concern about Burnham's competency with respect to his job.
* Burnham antagonizes Renfro with irony and humor.
* Burnham expresses his wish not to know any of the atomic secrets that go along with "Q Clearance".
* Renfro states that he wishes Burnham was not getting the promotion.
* Burnham is irritated by his daughter, Derry, and her politics.
* Sarah, Burnham's wife, defends Derry and her right to her beliefs.
* We learn that Burnham is allergic to alcohol.
* We learn that Burnham take a number of vitamins.
* It is revealed that Sarah works for Ted Kennedy.
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)