Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Burnham is given "Q Clearance", a high security clearance within the Department of Energy.
* Burnham learns that he is employed by the Department of Energy.
* Burnham attempts to turn down the promotion.
* Burnham learns that he cannot turn down the promotion.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Renfro, the bureaucrat who is informing Burnham of his "Q Clearance...
This section contains 1,586 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)