• Burnham is given "Q Clearance", a high security clearance within the Department of Energy.
• Burnham learns that he is employed by the Department of Energy.
• Burnham attempts to turn down the promotion.
• Burnham learns that he cannot turn down the promotion.
• Renfro, the bureaucrat who is informing Burnham of his "Q Clearance", expresses concern about Burnham's competency with respect to his job.
• Burnham antagonizes Renfro with irony and humor.
• Burnham expresses his wish not to know any of the atomic secrets that go along with "Q Clearance".
• Renfro states that he wishes Burnham was not getting the promotion.
• Burnham is irritated by his daughter, Derry, and her politics.
• Sarah, Burnham's wife, defends Derry and her right to her beliefs.
• We learn that Burnham is allergic to alcohol.
• We learn that Burnham take a number of vitamins.
• It is revealed that Sarah works for Ted...
This section contains 1,402 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)