|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teppic has a teacher named Mericet, who teaches ______________.
2. IIb tells his father that the effects will be _________ if they do not put a cap on the pyramid right now and end the project.
3. Dios says that the only thing better than marrying his choice for Teppic would be for Teppic to marry who?
4. Dios exists for what purpose?
5. What is Mericet doing in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ptaclusp, Illa, and Illb say about the building of this pyramid?
2. What does Teppic find as he reaches the last room of the exam? What else does he notice in the room?
3. What does Teppic learn about the person he had killed during the test?
4. How does Teppic save himself?
5. How does Teppic try to break tradition?
6. What is learned about Ephebe and Tsort?
7. What must happen to the man whose hand was touched by Teppic? How does Teppic feel about this?
8. What does the Pharaoh think about his ability to make the sun rise?
9. What does Teppic remember about his first night at the assassin school?
10. What do Ptaclusp and his son Ilb notice about the pyramid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Biblical references are made in this story.
Part 1) Describe two of these references. Why is each reference made? How does it affect the story? What does it reveal about the characters?
Part 2) What do these references say about Christianity? How does this affect you? Why?
Part 3) Why does the author use Biblical references? What might be his opinion of Christianity? What might be his opinion of religion as a whole? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The story takes place on Discworld.
Part 1) Describe this planet. Why do you think this world is this way?
Part 2) How does this world compare to our own?
Part 3) How does the description of this world prepare the reader for the story that is to come? What is the purpose of giving this description?
Essay Topic 3
Teppic graduates from assassin school.
Part 1) Describe assassin school. Why does he attend assassin school? How does it benefit him to become a community member and as Pharaoh?
Part 2) To what might assassin school be compared in our own culture? What message does this send the reader?
Part 3) How is the assassin school important to this story? What does it reveal about Teppic?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)