|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This planet is a flat and circular and is carried on the back of four elephants that are on the back of a turtle ten thousand miles long. What is the name of this turtle?
2. Teppic orders that the man, now a one-handed stone mason, be given what job?
3. What is the Inundation?
4. What does Dios, the high priest, continue to do?
5. What happens if the student fails the test?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the five men following Teppic and his friends?
2. What does Teppic notice when Dios talks about anything?
3. Why does Dios want the pyramid to be done in three months?
4. What do Ptaclusp and his son Ilb notice about the pyramid?
5. What happens to King Teppicymon XXVII when he lands on the ground?
6. What happens to King Teppicymon XXVII when the sun is blotted out by a dark shadow?
7. What new idea does Teppic have about being king? How does this affect others?
8. How does Teppic try to break tradition?
9. What has Teppic been a part of during his two weeks in Djelibeybi?
10. What must happen to the man whose hand was touched by Teppic? How does Teppic feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ephebe and Tsort are only separated by Djelibeybi.
Part 1) What happens when Djelibeybi disappears? Why does this happen?
Part 2) How do the actions of Ephebe and Tsort resemble stories from our own world? What does this say about our own stories?
Part 3) How different would our world be if certain nations were removed from it? What changes would occur? Would these changes be good or bad? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The pyramids are dangerous.
Part 1) Why are they dangerous? Who believes they are dangerous and should be destroyed? Why? Who does not want them destroyed? Why?
Part 2) What is seen in our own world as dangerous? Who believes this? Why? Who does not? Why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from this story of the pyramids? What message is the author sending to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
The Sphinx is included in this story.
Part 1) Why is it included? What purpose does this serve?
Part 2) What other adventures does Teppic experience with You Bastard? How do these adventures affect the plot?
Part 30 Are these adventures necessary? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)