|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boys killed ______________ during the exam.
2. Why will the building of this pyramid be good business?
3. IIa is an accountant and explains that the Pharaoh will not ______________.
4. One of the boys in the room, Arthur, had brought in ______________ to sacrifice.
5. Dios and Teppic begin arguing with each other about the way that things are done and the fact that _________ dictates that things should never change.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Teppic been a part of during his two weeks in Djelibeybi?
2. What does Teppic remember about his first night at the assassin school?
3. What does the Pharaoh think about his ability to make the sun rise?
4. What new idea does Teppic have about being king? How does this affect others?
5. How will the builders use the time loop to their advantage?
6. What happens to King Teppicymon XXVII when the sun is blotted out by a dark shadow?
7. What information is learned about Teppic when he falls from the roof?
8. What do Ptaclusp, Illa, and Illb say about the building of this pyramid?
9. Who are the five men following Teppic and his friends?
10. What is King Teppicyon XXVII doing during this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The pyramids are dangerous.
Part 1) Why are they dangerous? Who believes they are dangerous and should be destroyed? Why? Who does not want them destroyed? Why?
Part 2) What is seen in our own world as dangerous? Who believes this? Why? Who does not? Why not?
Part 3) What can be learned from this story of the pyramids? What message is the author sending to the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Dios believes he lives to serve the kingdom.
Part 1) Why does he believe this? How do you know he believes this?
Part 2) How does this belief influence his behavior? Is this beneficial to the kingdom? Why or why not?
Part 3) Who serves our own "kingdom" today? How do they benefit the rest of us? How can their beliefs and actions also be detrimental?
Essay Topic 3
Death says his job is to make sure people die according to their fate.
Part 1) How does this compare to our own view of death? How does this version of Death compare to the beliefs of the people of this world?
Part 2) How can the Pharaoh make decisions about his life after death? What do you think about this ability? Would you want to be able to make decisions after you die? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe in an afterlife? Why or why not? Why do many cultures believe in an afterlife?
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)