|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the king a little surprised to see Gern and Dil there?
(a) The king is supposed to be in his own afterlife different from commoners.
(b) He thought they were done embalming him.
(c) The king is supposed to live forever.
(d) He thought he would see his wife.
2. How does Teppic act when Dios tells him that the girl from court has been freed from the prison?
3. Why do Ptaclusp's sons say that the pyramid has to be capped that night?
(a) It is to rain the next day.
(b) It will be cheaper.
(c) The consequences will be severe.
(d) The next day is the Sabbath.
4. In the city of Djelibeybi, the embalmer, Dil, gets out of bed and goes outside. How does he feel about what he sees?
(a) Not surprised.
5. Ptraci and Teppic run to the stables and find ______________.
(a) An old horse.
(b) A loud rooster.
(c) A lone camel.
(d) A small mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, when the king dies, is a pyramid built and his body mummified?
2. What does the disappearance of Djelibeybi do to Ephebe and Tsort?
3. What does Dios do when Teppic tries to pass what he feels are fair judgments for the people?
4. Why does Khuft run into the desert?
5. When do Teppic and Ptaclusp decide that the capping ceremony will begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Teppic resides over the Supreme Court?
2. Where does Teppic leave Ptraci?
3. Who is the camel?
4. What takes place in Teppic's dream?
5. What happens when Dios and Teppic arrive in the embalming room?
6. What does Teppic do when he awakes?
7. What information does Dios give Teppic? How does Teppic react?
8. What do the clones of Ptaclusp tell him about the capping of the pyramid? Why? How does Ptaclusp respond?
9. How do Dios and Teppic meet the next day?
10. What does Chidder do for Teppic and Ptraci?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)