|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ptraci supposed to kill herself?
(a) She has committed a sin.
(b) So she can be the late king's servant in his afterlife.
(c) She is an illegitimate child.
(d) She is an orphan.
2. What happens to everything that a person believes?
(a) It is now being brought into life.
(b) It is now being proved wrong.
(c) It is now disappearing.
(d) It is now dying.
3. There is a man in a cell that has cursed in the name of the king. What is his punishment?
(a) His eyes are to be gouged out.
(c) His tongue is to be cut out of his mouth.
(d) His hands are to be cut off.
4. She tells Teppic that he should not have to do anything just because the city disappeared. How does Teppic respond?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is sure that it is his job to bring the kingdom back.
(d) He is sure that it is his job to destroy the city.
5. What does Teppic discover when he is looking for the city?
(a) If he holds his head at the correct angle and squints, he can see the city throught a crack in a stone.
(b) The lost city of Atlantis.
(d) Another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Teppic is at the tea social with the philosophers, he talks to _______________, who is the expert on geometry.
2. He goes to the home of his apprentice, Gern, and wakes him for what reason?
3. Dios announces the kings verdict and that in concordance with the law what will happen to the girl?
4. Is Teppic able to get much help while with the philosophers?
5. What does the disappearance of Djelibeybi do to Ephebe and Tsort?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the city?
2. Why does a man in the prison not want to be freed?
3. What does Pthagonal say about the dangers of pyramids?
4. Who is the camel?
5. What takes place between Ptraci, Teppic, and You Bastard and the two philosophers?
6. What does Chidder do for Teppic and Ptraci?
7. What happens in Djelibevbi?
8. What are the king, Dil, and Gern doing?
9. What has happened to Illa?
10. Why is Gern worried that the gods will attack the city? What does the king think about this?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)