|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king had spent several days with whom?
(a) The embalmer, Gern, and his apprentice, Dil.
(b) His spiritual advisor, Dios and the embalmer's apprentice, Dil.
(c) His son, Teppic and his daughter, Ptraci.
(d) His daughter, Ptraci, and the embalmer, Gern.
2. When Teppic reaches a trapdoor he realizes what?
(a) Someone is waiting for him beyond it.
(b) He is alone.
(c) His final exam is complete.
(d) He does not know where to go.
3. What does the Pharaoh make grow?
(a) The corn.
(b) The problems in his country.
(c) The cows.
(d) The wheat.
4. Teppic has a teacher named Mericet, who teaches ______________.
(a) The Dark Arts.
(b) Theft Theory.
(c) Strategy and Poison Theory.
(d) Murder Theory.
5. Dios exists for what purpose?
(a) To kill the pharaohs.
(b) To serve the kingdom.
(c) To rule the world.
(d) To destroy the kingdom.
6. How does Teppic feel about Dios' choice for a wife for him?
7. Why will the building of this pyramid be good business?
(a) Pyramids will be built around the world.
(b) Foreigners will want one.
(c) Others will see it and want one.
(d) The Pharaoh will want more built.
8. Why might it be hard for Teppic to believe in a god such as Pharaoh?
(a) He does not like Pharaoh.
(b) He does not believe anything.
(c) He eats breakfast with him every day.
(d) He thinks he would make a better god.
9. Suddenly Ptaclus and Ilb start to do what over again?
(b) Have the same conversation.
(c) Be born.
(d) Build the pyramid.
10. The pyramid is not yet finished but it is ______________.
(a) Building up energy.
(b) Desiring energy.
(c) Losing energy.
(d) Destroying energy.
11. Dios and Teppic begin arguing with each other about the way that things are done and the fact that _________ dictates that things should never change.
(a) The Pharaoh.
12. What is the Pharaoh responsible for?
(a) His becoming Pharaoh.
(b) The rising of the sun.
(c) The economic status of his country.
(d) The building of all the pyramids.
13. This is a day before his father dies and what happens to Teppic?
(a) He helps search for a new Pharaoh.
(b) He becomes the new Pharaoh.
(c) He starts school.
(d) He moves in with his mother.
14. Upon discussing religion, Teppic discovers that Arthur is scared of the god that he worships. Why is Arthur scared of this god?
(a) Because his mother had told him that he will come and sacrifice him on an altar.
(b) Because his mother had told him that he will come and take his entrails out.
(c) Because his mother had told him that he will come and take Arthur away.
(d) Because his friends had told him that the god did not like anyone named Arthur.
15. What is Mericet's goal?
(a) To make Teppic kill someone else.
(b) To make Teppic kill himself.
(c) To kill Teppic.
(d) To scare Teppic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Teppic asks Dios if he has seen many changes in the kingdom since he has been in service for so many years. How does Dios respond?
2. After this argument, they begin a silent fight that ends with Teppic telling Ptaclusp that the pyramid should be the __________ that has ever been built.
3. How much time are the students given to complete the task?
4. When Teppic and Dios leave the embalming chamber, they meet with ____________, the pyramid contractor.
5. Teppic, the Pharaoh of Djel, has been trained ______________.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)