|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon Teppic's departure from Djelibeybi, his father, King Teppicymon XXVII, presents him with a bag that contains ______________.
(a) A cork, half a tin of saddle soap, a bronze coin, and an old sardine.
(b) A robe, some toys, a sword, a long rope, and a mask.
(c) A mask, a staff, money, and a long papyrus scroll.
(d) A knife, letter, stack of books, and a pair of shoes.
2. Teppic asks Dios if he has seen many changes in the kingdom since he has been in service for so many years. How does Dios respond?
(a) He has seen a few changes.
(b) He hopes to see change.
(c) He has seen many changes.
(d) He has not seen any changes.
3. The king had spent several days with whom?
(a) His daughter, Ptraci, and the embalmer, Gern.
(b) His son, Teppic and his daughter, Ptraci.
(c) The embalmer, Gern, and his apprentice, Dil.
(d) His spiritual advisor, Dios and the embalmer's apprentice, Dil.
4. Soon Dios brings up the subject of marriage. What does he tell Teppic that he will do?
(a) Find Teppic a beautiful wife.
(b) Find Teppic a suitable wife.
(c) Allow Teppic to choose his wife.
(d) Not force him to marry.
5. Does Teppic pass the final exam?
(c) Probably not.
(d) Not initially.
6. Teppic looks at the figure for sometime and then decides that he _____________ kill the person.
7. What is the Inundation?
(a) The overflowing of a volcano.
(b) A large tidal wave.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) The rising of the river waters that flood the fields and give water to the crops.
8. What does the Pharaoh make grow?
(a) The problems in his country.
(b) The corn.
(c) The cows.
(d) The wheat.
9. What is Mericet's goal?
(a) To make Teppic kill someone else.
(b) To make Teppic kill himself.
(c) To kill Teppic.
(d) To scare Teppic.
10. The boys killed ______________ during the exam.
11. Teppic is forced to wear ______________.
(a) A large golen crown.
(b) A large golden robe.
(c) A large golden mask.
(d) A large golden cloak.
12. How will they get the pyramid done in time and only pay one man for the work of seven?
(b) They will steal from the men.
(c) The will choose the strongest man to work.
(d) They will stop time until the pyramid is complete.
13. Teppic wants a feather bed brought to him like he had in Ankh-Morpork, as opposed to ______________.
(a) The wooden bed.
(b) The stone slab.
(c) The straw bed.
(d) The cotton bed.
14. Dios explains that since Teppic touched the man's hand the hand will have to be removed. Why?
(a) It was touched by their god and cannot be used in labor again.
(b) It is now diseased.
(c) The man will want to have his hand bronzed in memory of touching the Pharaoh.
(d) The hand must be sacrificed to the gods.
15. What is one of the obstacles in Teppic's way during his final exam?
(a) A witch.
(b) A thick forest.
(c) A fire-breathing dragon.
(d) Poison darts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teppic meet his first day at the assassin school?
2. IIb tells his father that the effects will be _________ if they do not put a cap on the pyramid right now and end the project.
3. Does Teppic's father want a pyramid built for him?
4. What does Dios, the high priest, continue to do?
5. He takes his bow and arrow and points it at a vague place in the room and fires one arrow while looking at Mericet. What does the arrow do?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)