|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Teppic explains that he worships a different kind of god. Who is his god?
(a) His mother.
(b) The sun god.
(d) His father.
2. What is the Inundation?
(a) The rising of the river waters that flood the fields and give water to the crops.
(b) The overflowing of a volcano.
(c) A monsoon.
(d) A large tidal wave.
3. Dios says that the only thing better than marrying his choice for Teppic would be for Teppic to marry who?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A friend.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A sister.
4. The king had spent several days with whom?
(a) His daughter, Ptraci, and the embalmer, Gern.
(b) His spiritual advisor, Dios and the embalmer's apprentice, Dil.
(c) His son, Teppic and his daughter, Ptraci.
(d) The embalmer, Gern, and his apprentice, Dil.
5. IIa is an accountant and explains that the Pharaoh will not ______________.
(a) Want the pyramid.
(b) Be able to afford the pyramid.
(c) Pay the workers.
(d) Pay for the pyramid.
6. This planet is a flat and circular and is carried on the back of four elephants that are on the back of a turtle ten thousand miles long. What is the name of this turtle?
(a) Great Pharaoh.
(b) Great Atun.
(c) Great Ankh.
(d) Great A'tuin.
7. Why might it be hard for Teppic to believe in a god such as Pharaoh?
(a) He does not believe anything.
(b) He does not like Pharaoh.
(c) He eats breakfast with him every day.
(d) He thinks he would make a better god.
8. What is the Pharaoh responsible for?
(a) The rising of the sun.
(b) The building of all the pyramids.
(c) His becoming Pharaoh.
(d) The economic status of his country.
9. The boys killed ______________ during the exam.
10. Does the Pharaoh know how he makes the sun come up?
11. What does the pyramid cause?
(a) An increase in the speed of time.
(b) Lapses in time.
(c) Time loops.
(d) Loss of time.
12. Teppic asks Dios if he has seen many changes in the kingdom since he has been in service for so many years. How does Dios respond?
(a) He has not seen any changes.
(b) He hopes to see change.
(c) He has seen a few changes.
(d) He has seen many changes.
13. What happens if the student fails the test?
(a) They are banished from the city.
(b) They have to retake the exam.
(c) They are sent to another planet.
(d) They are never seen or heard of again.
14. Why will the man will remove hand himself with a chisel?
(a) Because he is insane.
(b) To keep the gods from seeking revenge on him for using his hand.
(c) To show his bravery.
(d) He thrives on pain.
15. What does Teppic remember about his aunt?
(a) She is old and ugly.
(b) He weeps when he leaves home to become an assassin at age twelve.
(c) She looks much like his mother.
(d) She is always very kind to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Teppic's father want a pyramid built for him?
2. What is the planet on which the story takes place?
3. After Teppic has been in Djelibeybi for two weeks he has been part of ______________.
4. Teppic's mother has been killed years ago by ______________.
5. By Teppic going to a trade school such as the assassin's school, what is the underlying hope that this will do?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)