|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might it be hard for Teppic to believe in a god such as Pharaoh?
(a) He eats breakfast with him every day.
(b) He does not believe anything.
(c) He does not like Pharaoh.
(d) He thinks he would make a better god.
2. He takes his bow and arrow and points it at a vague place in the room and fires one arrow while looking at Mericet. What does the arrow do?
(a) It goes out the window.
(b) It hits Mericet.
(c) It hits Teppic in the leg.
(d) It ricochets off several places and lands perfectly on the sleeping figure.
3. What does Teppic remember about his aunt?
(a) She is old and ugly.
(b) She is always very kind to him.
(c) She looks much like his mother.
(d) He weeps when he leaves home to become an assassin at age twelve.
4. What is Mericet's goal?
(a) To make Teppic kill someone else.
(b) To make Teppic kill himself.
(c) To scare Teppic.
(d) To kill Teppic.
5. What is the Inundation?
(a) The rising of the river waters that flood the fields and give water to the crops.
(b) The overflowing of a volcano.
(c) A large tidal wave.
(d) A monsoon.
6. Why will the man will remove hand himself with a chisel?
(a) Because he is insane.
(b) To keep the gods from seeking revenge on him for using his hand.
(c) To show his bravery.
(d) He thrives on pain.
7. IIb tells his father that the effects will be _________ if they do not put a cap on the pyramid right now and end the project.
8. According to Dios, the pyramid should be done in _________ months in time for Inundation.
9. What is one of the obstacles in Teppic's way during his final exam?
(a) A fire-breathing dragon.
(b) Poison darts.
(c) A witch.
(d) A thick forest.
10. Teppic asks Dios if he has seen many changes in the kingdom since he has been in service for so many years. How does Dios respond?
(a) He has not seen any changes.
(b) He hopes to see change.
(c) He has seen a few changes.
(d) He has seen many changes.
11. Soon Dios brings up the subject of marriage. What does he tell Teppic that he will do?
(a) Find Teppic a suitable wife.
(b) Not force him to marry.
(c) Find Teppic a beautiful wife.
(d) Allow Teppic to choose his wife.
12. What does the Pharaoh make grow?
(a) The problems in his country.
(b) The wheat.
(c) The cows.
(d) The corn.
13. What does Teppic's father, King Teppicymon XXVII, go to watch?
(b) The crowning of his son as king.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) His son's exam.
14. Teppic's mother has been killed years ago by ______________.
(a) A group of assassins.
(b) A disease.
(c) A runaway camel.
(d) A sacred crocodile.
15. How does Teppic feel about Dios' choice for a wife for him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dios, the high priest, continue to do?
2. What happens when Teppic stops to talk to one of the workers and shakes the man's hand?
3. The pyramid is not yet finished but it is ______________.
4. Dios once again winces at a pain in his body and makes a mental note that he will have to go where that night?
5. Upon Teppic's departure from Djelibeybi, his father, King Teppicymon XXVII, presents him with a bag that contains ______________.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)