• The story opens with a description of Discworld, the planet on which the story takes place. The focus of the story starts in the valley of Djel.
• In this city, the high priest, Dios, is getting ready for the day. The Pharaoh of Djel, Teppic, also gets ready for the day.
• The reader is taken back to the time that Teppic takes his assassin final exam, which is the day before he becomes the new Pharaoh.
• Those who do not pass the assassin exam are never seen or heard from again.
• Teppic falls from a roof and his life flashes before his eyes.
• There is a strong hope that Teppic will attend a trade school and that this will help the city of Djelibeybi, which has been bankrupted by building pyramids.
• As his mind returns to reality, Teppic is able to get a hold of a piece...
This section contains 2,938 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)