|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
(b) They are kissing in the street.
(c) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
(d) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
2. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) To make a speech.
(b) For his wedding.
(c) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(d) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
3. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 1000 pounds
(b) 1200 pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
(b) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
(c) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(d) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
5. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) A pear.
(b) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
2. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
3. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
4. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
5. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Higgins mean when he says that people are really "savages"?
2. What does Liza ultimately think of the party and of her success at the end of Act 3?
3. Why is Liza so upset in Act 4? What does she want to know?
4. What does Mrs. Higgins say when she learns the two men have phoned the police at the beginning of Act 5? What does Mrs. Higgins realize about Liza that the two men do not?
5. What does Higgins conclude about the evening and about their joint project at the beginning of Act 4? What does he say that hurts Liza's feelings?
6. Describe Neppomuck. Who is he, and what does Higgins think of him?
7. Does Higgins really not care about Liza? How can you tell? What comments and reactions on Higgins's part show that he is growing fond of Eliza?
8. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
9. How does Liza succeed in hurting Higgins in Act 4?
10. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)