|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(b) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(c) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(d) Liza is playing the part too well.
2. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
(a) Equals under the sight of God.
3. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Freddy and Clara.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) Higgins and Pickering.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
4. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) How good it feels to curse.
(b) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
(c) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
(d) How to speak as she did before.
5. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) A pear.
(c) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
2. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
3. What skill does Neppomuck have?
4. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
5. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Higgins say when she learns the two men have phoned the police at the beginning of Act 5? What does Mrs. Higgins realize about Liza that the two men do not?
2. What happens to Doolittle in Act 5? Explain how Higgins is responsible.
3. Does Higgins really not care about Liza? How can you tell? What comments and reactions on Higgins's part show that he is growing fond of Eliza?
4. How does Liza finally come into her own as a woman at the end of Act 5?
5. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
6. What does Higgins conclude about the evening and about their joint project at the beginning of Act 4? What does he say that hurts Liza's feelings?
7. What do Neppomuck and the ambassador's wife conclude about Liza? What does it suggest about class differences and about high society that Liza is so easily able to fool everyone at the party?
8. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
9. How does Freddy feel about Liza and what does he want from her? How is he different from Higgins?
10. Describe Mrs. Higgins and her relationship with her son.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)