|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(b) To make a speech.
(c) For his wedding.
(d) To impress Liza and Higgins.
2. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(a) True love.
3. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Obey a man.
(d) Cry for love.
4. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is American.
(b) She was educated in France.
(c) She is a Hungarian princess.
(d) She is a European duchess.
5. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Freddy, to ask Liza's hand in marriage.
(b) The police, to ask him questions.
(c) Liza's father, Doolittle.
(d) Liza, demanding an apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
2. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
3. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
4. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
5. What skill does Neppomuck have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freddy feel about Liza and what does he want from her? How is he different from Higgins?
2. Why is Pickering just as important to Liza's transformation as Higgins, if not more so? What is he able to teach her that Higgins could not?
3. Describe Mrs. Higgins and her relationship with her son.
4. What do Neppomuck and the ambassador's wife conclude about Liza? What does it suggest about class differences and about high society that Liza is so easily able to fool everyone at the party?
5. What does Mrs. Higgins say when she learns the two men have phoned the police at the beginning of Act 5? What does Mrs. Higgins realize about Liza that the two men do not?
6. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
7. What does Higgins think Liza should do with her future? Does he really give it any thought?
8. What does Higgins conclude about the evening and about their joint project at the beginning of Act 4? What does he say that hurts Liza's feelings?
9. Describe Neppomuck. Who is he, and what does Higgins think of him?
10. What does Higgins mean when he says that "my manners are exactly the same as Pickering's"? In what sense is he right? In what sense is he wrong?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)