|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Obey a man.
(d) Cry for love.
2. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(b) A pear.
(c) An apple.
3. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) For his wedding.
(b) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(c) To make a speech.
(d) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
4. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He will forget her.
(b) He will miss her.
(c) He will kill himself.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
5. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(a) True love.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
2. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
3. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
4. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
2. How does Liza succeed in hurting Higgins in Act 4?
3. Why is Pickering just as important to Liza's transformation as Higgins, if not more so? What is he able to teach her that Higgins could not?
4. How does Higgins behave during the social visit? Explain. What does this "gentleman's" ungentlemanly behavior suggest about class differences?
5. Does Higgins really not care about Liza? How can you tell? What comments and reactions on Higgins's part show that he is growing fond of Eliza?
6. How does Liza finally come into her own as a woman at the end of Act 5?
7. How do Freddy and Clara feel about Liza after meeting her, and why do they probably feel this way?
8. How does Freddy feel about Liza and what does he want from her? How is he different from Higgins?
9. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
10. What does Mrs. Higgins say when she learns the two men have phoned the police at the beginning of Act 5? What does Mrs. Higgins realize about Liza that the two men do not?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)