|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's no better than she ever was.
(b) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(c) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
(d) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
2. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Cry for love.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(d) Obey a man.
3. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) She has wounded him to the core.
(b) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
(c) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
(d) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
4. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
(b) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(c) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
(d) He misses the sound of her voice.
5. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) They are kissing in the street.
(b) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
(c) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
(d) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
2. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
3. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
4. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
5. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Liza succeed in hurting Higgins in Act 4?
2. What do Neppomuck and the ambassador's wife conclude about Liza? What does it suggest about class differences and about high society that Liza is so easily able to fool everyone at the party?
3. What happens to Doolittle in Act 5? Explain how Higgins is responsible.
4. Describe Neppomuck. Who is he, and what does Higgins think of him?
5. What does Higgins mean when he says that people are really "savages"?
6. During the social visit with Mrs. Higgins and the Eynsford Hills, what does Liza say that is shocking?
7. How does Liza finally come into her own as a woman at the end of Act 5?
8. Does Higgins really not care about Liza? How can you tell? What comments and reactions on Higgins's part show that he is growing fond of Eliza?
9. How does Freddy feel about Liza and what does he want from her? How is he different from Higgins?
10. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)