|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Go back to her father.
(b) Open a jewelry shop.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a teacher of phonetics.
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(b) She is in love with Freddy.
(c) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(d) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
3. To whom does Liza plan to go for advice the day after she leaves Higgins?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Mrs. Pearce.
4. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(b) Very controlling of her son.
(c) Elegant and sensible.
(d) Silly and snobbish.
5. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) Her moral values.
(b) How she speaks.
(c) How she behaves.
(d) How she's treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
2. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
3. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
4. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
5. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Higgins mean when he says that "my manners are exactly the same as Pickering's"? In what sense is he right? In what sense is he wrong?
2. Why is Liza so upset in Act 4? What does she want to know?
3. What does Higgins think Liza should do with her future? Does he really give it any thought?
4. What do Neppomuck and the ambassador's wife conclude about Liza? What does it suggest about class differences and about high society that Liza is so easily able to fool everyone at the party?
5. How does Freddy feel about Liza and what does he want from her? How is he different from Higgins?
6. Describe Neppomuck. Who is he, and what does Higgins think of him?
7. Describe Mrs. Higgins and her relationship with her son.
8. What does Mrs. Higgins say when she learns the two men have phoned the police at the beginning of Act 5? What does Mrs. Higgins realize about Liza that the two men do not?
9. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
10. Why is Doolittle unhappy with his new status? What is ironic about this?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)