|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
(a) He is extremely large and burly.
(b) He is exceptionally handsome.
(c) He has very dark, swarthy skin.
(d) He has a very hairy face.
2. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) A major rival of Higgins.
(b) The ambassador from Hungary.
(c) A former student of Higgins.
(d) A Hungarian prince.
3. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(b) He is a fool.
(c) He is boring.
(d) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
4. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) They are kissing in the street.
(b) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
(c) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
(d) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
5. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(b) An apple.
(c) A pear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of his mother?
2. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
3. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
4. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
5. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Higgins want Liza to fetch his slippers for him and perform other like tasks?
2. What happens to Doolittle in Act 5? Explain how Higgins is responsible.
3. How does Liza succeed in hurting Higgins in Act 4?
4. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
5. Does Higgins really not care about Liza? How can you tell? What comments and reactions on Higgins's part show that he is growing fond of Eliza?
6. What does Higgins think Liza should do with her future? Does he really give it any thought?
7. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
8. How does Liza finally come into her own as a woman at the end of Act 5?
9. How do Freddy and Clara feel about Liza after meeting her, and why do they probably feel this way?
10. Why is Doolittle unhappy with his new status? What is ironic about this?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)