|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(b) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(c) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(d) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
2. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(b) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
(c) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(d) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
3. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(b) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(c) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(d) Liza is playing the part too well.
4. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(b) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(c) Open a flower shop.
(d) Forgive Higgins and come back.
5. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
(a) The same as always.
(b) With all his love.
(c) Like a duchess.
(d) With respect and care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
2. What question does Liza have for Higgins after the party is over and they are back at Higgins's home?
3. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
4. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
5. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering think about the evening? How do his feelings differ from Higgins's? How does he succeed in hurting Liza as well?
2. What does Higgins mean when he says that people are really "savages"?
3. Why is Liza so upset in Act 4? What does she want to know?
4. How do Freddy and Clara feel about Liza after meeting her, and why do they probably feel this way?
5. What type of job does Liza propose to do in the final act? Why might she be better at this job than Higgins?
6. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
7. Why is Pickering just as important to Liza's transformation as Higgins, if not more so? What is he able to teach her that Higgins could not?
8. What does Higgins think Liza should do with her future? Does he really give it any thought?
9. How does Liza finally come into her own as a woman at the end of Act 5?
10. What happens to Doolittle in Act 5? Explain how Higgins is responsible.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)