|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
(a) She has a perfect ear and can imitate any sound she hears.
(b) She can charm anyone she meets instantly.
(c) She knows exactly what to say in any social situation.
(d) She can remember all of Higgins's appointments and finds his slippers when he loses them.
2. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(b) She plays the piano beautifully.
(c) She speaks perfect French.
(d) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
3. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) How she speaks.
(b) How she behaves.
(c) How she's treated.
(d) Her moral values.
4. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Go back to her father.
(b) Get married.
(c) Become a teacher of phonetics.
(d) Open a jewelry shop.
5. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Get her a flower shop.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Adopt her as his daughter.
(d) Pay for her to go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
2. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
3. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
4. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
5. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pickering just as important to Liza's transformation as Higgins, if not more so? What is he able to teach her that Higgins could not?
2. How does Liza succeed in hurting Higgins in Act 4?
3. Why doesn't Higgins want Liza to fetch his slippers for him and perform other like tasks?
4. What does Higgins conclude about the evening and about their joint project at the beginning of Act 4? What does he say that hurts Liza's feelings?
5. What does Liza ultimately think of the party and of her success at the end of Act 3?
6. Why is Liza so upset in Act 4? What does she want to know?
7. How does Higgins behave during the social visit? Explain. What does this "gentleman's" ungentlemanly behavior suggest about class differences?
8. Describe Neppomuck. Who is he, and what does Higgins think of him?
9. What does Liza say about marriage in Act 4? What does her statement reveal about her morals?
10. How does Freddy feel about Liza and what does he want from her? How is he different from Higgins?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)