|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(b) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
(c) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(d) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
2. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(c) He is a fool.
(d) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
3. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
(a) She asks bitterly whether he finds them beautiful on a poor flower girl.
(b) She wants to know if they belong to her or Pickering.
(c) She asks him if he plans to burn them as he did with her old clothes.
(d) She asks whether they will be any good for her now.
4. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(b) He was never married to her mother.
(c) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(d) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
5. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Mrs. Higgins.
(b) The police.
(c) Liza's father.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
6. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) To make a speech.
(b) For his wedding.
(c) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(d) To impress Liza and Higgins.
7. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(b) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
(c) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(d) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
8. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) She has wounded him to the core.
(b) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
(c) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
(d) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
9. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(b) Liza may have a secret.
(c) Liza could become a diplomat.
(d) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
10. What does Liza plan to do for money?
(a) Marry Freddy.
(b) Open a flower shop.
(c) She won't need money because her father will support her.
(d) Work as a teacher of phonetics.
11. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(b) He watches her window every night.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
12. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
13. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Forgive Higgins and come back.
(b) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(c) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(d) Open a flower shop.
14. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) Higgins and Pickering.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Freddy and Clara.
15. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(b) He misses the sound of her voice.
(c) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
(d) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
3. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
4. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
5. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)