|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Silly and snobbish.
(b) Elegant and sensible.
(c) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(d) Very controlling of her son.
2. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
(a) A woman "s'yollin voylets" (selling violets) in the gutter.
(b) An ungrateful, snobbish woman.
(c) A woman shouting for independence.
(d) A woman fetching a man's slippers like a slave.
3. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(b) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(c) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(d) Liza is playing the part too well.
4. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Cry for love.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(d) Obey a man.
5. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He will miss her.
(b) He will kill himself.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He will forget her.
6. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(a) Liza's father.
7. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should not have kicked her out.
(b) They should have complimented Liza.
(c) They should never have taught Liza.
(d) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
8. What does Freddy tell the officer?
(a) Liza is his sister.
(b) Liza is a lady.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) To arrest him instead.
9. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(d) Liza's father.
10. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
11. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 1200 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
12. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(c) An apple.
(d) A pear.
13. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
14. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(d) True love.
15. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(b) Forgive Higgins and come back.
(c) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(d) Open a flower shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
2. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
3. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
4. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
5. What new skill does Liza have?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)