|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(b) For his wedding.
(c) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(d) To make a speech.
2. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(a) Liza's father.
3. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(b) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(c) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(d) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
4. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
(a) The police, who think he is guilty of stealing the money.
(b) Creditors, asking him to pay his debts.
(c) His relatives, asking for money.
(d) Women, who want to marry him.
5. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
(b) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
(c) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
(d) They are kissing in the street.
6. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is a European duchess.
(b) She was educated in France.
(c) She is American.
(d) She is a Hungarian princess.
7. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He will forget her.
(c) He will kill himself.
(d) He will miss her.
8. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
9. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She is a tower of strength.
(b) She's an ignorant fool.
(c) She's a millstone around his neck.
(d) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
10. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She plays the piano beautifully.
(b) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(c) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(d) She speaks perfect French.
11. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) Hobbies and sports.
(b) Family and friends.
(c) The weather and people's health.
(d) The weather and politics.
12. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Adopt her as his daughter.
(b) Get her a flower shop.
(c) Pay for her to go to school.
(d) Marry her.
13. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
(a) He has very dark, swarthy skin.
(b) He is exceptionally handsome.
(c) He is extremely large and burly.
(d) He has a very hairy face.
14. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should have complimented Liza.
(b) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
(c) They should never have taught Liza.
(d) They should not have kicked her out.
15. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
(b) She's a great cook.
(c) She's not bad-looking.
(d) She is a real lady now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
2. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
3. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
4. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
5. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)