|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Embassy.
(b) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
2. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pear.
3. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Very controlling of her son.
(b) Elegant and sensible.
(c) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(d) Silly and snobbish.
4. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Get her a flower shop.
(b) Adopt her as his daughter.
(c) Pay for her to go to school.
(d) Marry her.
5. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(b) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(c) Liza could become a diplomat.
(d) Liza may have a secret.
6. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
(b) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(c) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(d) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
7. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is a Hungarian princess.
(b) She was educated in France.
(c) She is a European duchess.
(d) She is American.
8. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(b) Liza is playing the part too well.
(c) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(d) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
9. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(b) To the chapel to get married.
(c) They ride around the city all night.
(d) To see Mrs. Higgins.
10. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
(a) A humbug and imposter.
(b) A cruel tyrant.
(c) A gentleman who can support Liza.
(d) A fool who can't support Liza.
11. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
(a) Screaming banshee.
(c) Presumptuous insect.
(d) Ungrateful vermin.
12. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) How she speaks.
(b) How she's treated.
(c) Her moral values.
(d) How she behaves.
13. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
(b) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(c) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
(d) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
14. What does Liza plan to do for money?
(a) Marry Freddy.
(b) Work as a teacher of phonetics.
(c) Open a flower shop.
(d) She won't need money because her father will support her.
15. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To allow his mother to meet her.
(b) To see if people really believe that she is a duchess.
(c) To give her practice in polite conversation.
(d) To announce their upcoming engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
2. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
3. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
4. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
5. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)