|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
(b) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
(c) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
(d) She has wounded him to the core.
2. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To allow his mother to meet her.
(b) To give her practice in polite conversation.
(c) To see if people really believe that she is a duchess.
(d) To announce their upcoming engagement.
3. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(b) She is in love with Freddy.
(c) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(d) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
4. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) The Embassy.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
(c) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
5. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1200 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds
(d) 200 pounds.
6. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(b) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(c) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(d) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
7. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(b) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
(c) He is boring.
(d) He is a fool.
8. To whom does Liza plan to go for advice the day after she leaves Higgins?
(b) Mrs. Pearce.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
9. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(b) Liza's father.
10. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
11. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(b) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(c) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(d) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
12. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) They ride around the city all night.
(b) To the chapel to get married.
(c) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(d) To see Mrs. Higgins.
13. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
(b) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(c) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(d) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
14. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(b) He watches her window every night.
(c) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
15. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(b) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
(c) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
(d) She's no better than she ever was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza plan to do for money?
2. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
4. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
5. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)