|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She is a real lady now.
(b) She's not bad-looking.
(c) She's a great cook.
(d) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(b) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(c) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(d) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
3. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
4. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
(a) For Liza.
(b) For the young science of phonetics.
(c) For Higgins.
(d) For humanity.
5. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(b) Tired and brooding.
(c) Quietly triumphant.
6. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
(a) His relatives, asking for money.
(b) Women, who want to marry him.
(c) The police, who think he is guilty of stealing the money.
(d) Creditors, asking him to pay his debts.
7. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(b) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(c) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(d) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
8. What does Freddy tell the officer?
(a) Liza is a lady.
(b) To arrest him instead.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) Liza is his sister.
9. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) Freddy and Clara.
(c) Higgins and Pickering.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
10. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
(a) She can remember all of Higgins's appointments and finds his slippers when he loses them.
(b) She can charm anyone she meets instantly.
(c) She knows exactly what to say in any social situation.
(d) She has a perfect ear and can imitate any sound she hears.
11. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
12. What question does Liza have for Higgins after the party is over and they are back at Higgins's home?
(a) Who will ever marry someone like me?
(b) What's to become of me?
(c) Will I ever be a real lady?
(d) Don't you think I'm beautiful?
13. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
14. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) To see Mrs. Higgins.
(b) They ride around the city all night.
(c) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(d) To the chapel to get married.
15. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
(b) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
(c) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
(d) They are kissing in the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
2. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
3. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
4. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
5. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)