|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
(b) Presumptuous insect.
(c) Ungrateful vermin.
(d) Screaming banshee.
2. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(b) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(c) To make a speech.
(d) For his wedding.
3. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Adopt her as his daughter.
(b) Get her a flower shop.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Pay for her to go to school.
4. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(b) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(c) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(d) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
5. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(b) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(c) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(d) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
6. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(b) True love.
7. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(b) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(c) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(d) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
8. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Elegant and sensible.
(b) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(c) Very controlling of her son.
(d) Silly and snobbish.
9. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(b) To see her father.
(c) To Buckingham Palace.
(d) To kill herself.
10. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
(a) She wants to know if they belong to her or Pickering.
(b) She asks whether they will be any good for her now.
(c) She asks him if he plans to burn them as he did with her old clothes.
(d) She asks bitterly whether he finds them beautiful on a poor flower girl.
11. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Screams in rage.
(b) Bursts into tears.
(c) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(d) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
12. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(b) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
(c) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
(d) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
13. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He will miss her.
(c) He will forget her.
(d) He will kill himself.
14. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(a) Tired and brooding.
(c) Quietly triumphant.
15. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Become a teacher of phonetics.
(b) Open a jewelry shop.
(c) Go back to her father.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
2. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
3. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
4. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
5. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)