|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
(b) How to speak as she did before.
(c) How good it feels to curse.
(d) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
2. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
(a) For the young science of phonetics.
(b) For Liza.
(c) For humanity.
(d) For Higgins.
3. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Adopt her as his daughter.
(b) Pay for her to go to school.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Get her a flower shop.
4. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pear.
5. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) To see her father.
(b) To kill herself.
(c) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
6. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
(b) Screaming banshee.
(c) Ungrateful vermin.
(d) Presumptuous insect.
7. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(b) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
(c) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(d) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
8. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
9. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) Her moral values.
(b) How she's treated.
(c) How she behaves.
(d) How she speaks.
10. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
(a) His relatives, asking for money.
(b) The police, who think he is guilty of stealing the money.
(c) Women, who want to marry him.
(d) Creditors, asking him to pay his debts.
11. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(a) Tired and brooding.
(c) Quietly triumphant.
12. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(b) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(c) Liza may have a secret.
(d) Liza could become a diplomat.
13. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) The ambassador from Hungary.
(b) A former student of Higgins.
(c) A major rival of Higgins.
(d) A Hungarian prince.
14. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
(b) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(c) He misses the sound of her voice.
(d) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
15. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Freddy and Clara.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Higgins and Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
2. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
3. What skill does Neppomuck have?
4. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
5. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)