|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(b) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(c) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(d) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
2. What question does Liza have for Higgins after the party is over and they are back at Higgins's home?
(a) What's to become of me?
(b) Don't you think I'm beautiful?
(c) Who will ever marry someone like me?
(d) Will I ever be a real lady?
3. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(b) She plays the piano beautifully.
(c) She speaks perfect French.
(d) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
4. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(b) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(c) He was never married to her mother.
(d) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
5. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's a millstone around his neck.
(b) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
(c) She is a tower of strength.
(d) She's an ignorant fool.
6. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) She has wounded him to the core.
(b) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
(c) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
(d) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
7. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(b) Obey a man.
(c) Sell herself for money.
(d) Cry for love.
8. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
(b) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(c) Bursts into tears.
(d) Screams in rage.
9. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
(a) Go at once to America to work for Ezra Wannafeller.
(b) Teach phonetics at a new school for the poor.
(c) Give lectures about morality.
(d) Work hard as a laborer to support Liza.
10. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
(b) Equals under the sight of God.
11. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(b) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(c) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(d) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
12. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Silly and snobbish.
(b) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(c) Very controlling of her son.
(d) Elegant and sensible.
13. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
(b) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(c) He is boring.
(d) He is a fool.
14. What does Liza plan to do for money?
(a) She won't need money because her father will support her.
(b) Marry Freddy.
(c) Work as a teacher of phonetics.
(d) Open a flower shop.
15. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
2. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
3. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
4. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
5. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)