|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She is in love with Freddy.
(b) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(c) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(d) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
2. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
(b) She is a tower of strength.
(c) She's a millstone around his neck.
(d) She's an ignorant fool.
3. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(b) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(c) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
(d) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
4. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(b) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(c) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(d) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
5. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
6. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go back to her father.
(c) Open a jewelry shop.
(d) Become a teacher of phonetics.
7. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should have complimented Liza.
(b) They should never have taught Liza.
(c) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
(d) They should not have kicked her out.
8. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Liza's father.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
9. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Open a flower shop.
(b) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(c) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(d) Forgive Higgins and come back.
10. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
11. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) The ring he bought Liza.
(b) His phonetics books.
(c) His slippers.
(d) Liza's treasured hat.
12. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) They ride around the city all night.
(b) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(c) To see Mrs. Higgins.
(d) To the chapel to get married.
13. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(b) She's no better than she ever was.
(c) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
(d) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
14. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(b) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(c) Liza is playing the part too well.
(d) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
15. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
(a) Teach phonetics at a new school for the poor.
(b) Give lectures about morality.
(c) Go at once to America to work for Ezra Wannafeller.
(d) Work hard as a laborer to support Liza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
2. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
3. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
4. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
5. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)