|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza plan to do for money?
(a) She won't need money because her father will support her.
(b) Work as a teacher of phonetics.
(c) Marry Freddy.
(d) Open a flower shop.
2. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is a Hungarian princess.
(b) She was educated in France.
(c) She is a European duchess.
(d) She is American.
3. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(b) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(c) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(d) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
4. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Freddy, to ask Liza's hand in marriage.
(b) The police, to ask him questions.
(c) Liza's father, Doolittle.
(d) Liza, demanding an apology.
5. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(a) Liza's father.
6. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) A pear.
(d) An apple.
7. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Open a jewelry shop.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go back to her father.
(d) Become a teacher of phonetics.
8. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) How she speaks.
(b) Her moral values.
(c) How she behaves.
(d) How she's treated.
9. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
10. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
(b) How to speak as she did before.
(c) How good it feels to curse.
(d) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
11. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
12. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Liza's father.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
13. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
(b) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(c) She's no better than she ever was.
(d) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
14. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(b) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(c) She is in love with Freddy.
(d) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
15. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
2. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
3. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
4. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
5. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)