|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Pay for her to go to school.
(b) Adopt her as his daughter.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Get her a flower shop.
2. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
(a) For the young science of phonetics.
(b) For Liza.
(c) For humanity.
(d) For Higgins.
3. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
4. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should never have taught Liza.
(b) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
(c) They should not have kicked her out.
(d) They should have complimented Liza.
5. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He was never married to her mother.
(b) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(c) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(d) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
6. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) With her father.
(b) With Freddy.
(c) Back in Covent Garden, wandering in the vegetable market.
(d) With Mrs. Higgins.
7. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) His slippers.
(b) The ring he bought Liza.
(c) Liza's treasured hat.
(d) His phonetics books.
8. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(b) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(c) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(d) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
9. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(b) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
(c) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
(d) He misses the sound of her voice.
10. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(b) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(c) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(d) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
11. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Bursts into tears.
(b) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
(c) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(d) Screams in rage.
12. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza may have a secret.
(b) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(c) Liza could become a diplomat.
(d) Liza looks strangely familiar.
13. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
(a) At a Beethoven concert.
(b) At the prestigious Ascot horse races.
(c) At a grand ball in Buckingham Palace.
(d) At a party at the Embassy.
14. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) To make a speech.
(b) For his wedding.
(c) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(d) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
15. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
(b) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
(c) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(d) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
2. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
3. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
5. What does Higgins think of his mother?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)