|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) To make a speech.
(b) For his wedding.
(c) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(d) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
2. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
(a) It is dreadfully boring and he thanks God it's over.
(b) It will make him famous if anyone finds out--which they won't.
(c) It is the most significant experiment of his entire career.
(d) He is so nervous about it that he's glad it's finally over.
3. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
(a) For Liza.
(b) For humanity.
(c) For the young science of phonetics.
(d) For Higgins.
4. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To give her practice in polite conversation.
(b) To allow his mother to meet her.
(c) To see if people really believe that she is a duchess.
(d) To announce their upcoming engagement.
5. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(b) Forgive Higgins and come back.
(c) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(d) Open a flower shop.
6. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She's a great cook.
(b) She is a real lady now.
(c) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
(d) She's not bad-looking.
7. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She is a tower of strength.
(b) She's an ignorant fool.
(c) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
(d) She's a millstone around his neck.
8. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
(a) He has a very hairy face.
(b) He is extremely large and burly.
(c) He has very dark, swarthy skin.
(d) He is exceptionally handsome.
9. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is a European duchess.
(b) She was educated in France.
(c) She is a Hungarian princess.
(d) She is American.
10. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(b) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(c) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
(d) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
11. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) To see her father.
(b) To kill herself.
(c) To Buckingham Palace.
(d) Back to the slums where she belongs.
12. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(b) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(c) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(d) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
13. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
(b) She's no better than she ever was.
(c) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(d) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
14. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
(a) She can remember all of Higgins's appointments and finds his slippers when he loses them.
(b) She can charm anyone she meets instantly.
(c) She has a perfect ear and can imitate any sound she hears.
(d) She knows exactly what to say in any social situation.
15. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) How good it feels to curse.
(b) How to speak as she did before.
(c) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
(d) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
2. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
3. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
4. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
5. Who is Neppomuck?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)