|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Pay for her to go to school.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Get her a flower shop.
(d) Adopt her as his daughter.
2. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She was educated in France.
(b) She is a Hungarian princess.
(c) She is American.
(d) She is a European duchess.
3. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is boring.
(c) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(d) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
4. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(b) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(c) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(d) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
5. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(b) Bursts into tears.
(c) Screams in rage.
(d) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
6. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She plays the piano beautifully.
(b) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(c) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(d) She speaks perfect French.
7. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) He watches her window every night.
(d) He is hoping she will run away with him.
8. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
(b) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(c) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
(d) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
9. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) Hobbies and sports.
(b) The weather and people's health.
(c) Family and friends.
(d) The weather and politics.
10. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(c) True love.
11. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
(a) A cruel tyrant.
(b) A gentleman who can support Liza.
(c) A humbug and imposter.
(d) A fool who can't support Liza.
12. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(b) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
(c) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(d) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
13. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) The police, to ask him questions.
(b) Freddy, to ask Liza's hand in marriage.
(c) Liza, demanding an apology.
(d) Liza's father, Doolittle.
14. What does Freddy tell the officer?
(a) To arrest him instead.
(b) Liza is a lady.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) Liza is his sister.
15. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(b) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(c) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
(d) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
2. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
3. To whom does Liza plan to go for advice the day after she leaves Higgins?
4. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
5. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)