|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
(a) Like a duchess.
(b) With respect and care.
(c) With all his love.
(d) The same as always.
2. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(b) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(c) Liza may have a secret.
(d) Liza could become a diplomat.
3. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) A former student of Higgins.
(b) A major rival of Higgins.
(c) A Hungarian prince.
(d) The ambassador from Hungary.
4. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Elegant and sensible.
(b) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(c) Silly and snobbish.
(d) Very controlling of her son.
5. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(b) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(c) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(d) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
6. What question does Liza have for Higgins after the party is over and they are back at Higgins's home?
(a) Don't you think I'm beautiful?
(b) Will I ever be a real lady?
(c) Who will ever marry someone like me?
(d) What's to become of me?
7. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(b) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) He watches her window every night.
8. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) To the chapel to get married.
(b) To see Mrs. Higgins.
(c) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(d) They ride around the city all night.
9. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
(b) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(c) He misses the sound of her voice.
(d) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
10. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Open a flower shop.
(b) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(c) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(d) Forgive Higgins and come back.
11. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(b) To see her father.
(c) To kill herself.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
12. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
(a) The ring he bought her.
(b) A book about his precious alphabet.
(c) His slippers.
(d) All her jewelry.
13. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
14. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) Family and friends.
(b) The weather and people's health.
(c) The weather and politics.
(d) Hobbies and sports.
15. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She's a great cook.
(b) She is a real lady now.
(c) She's not bad-looking.
(d) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
2. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
3. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
4. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
5. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)