|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
(a) She asks him if he plans to burn them as he did with her old clothes.
(b) She wants to know if they belong to her or Pickering.
(c) She asks whether they will be any good for her now.
(d) She asks bitterly whether he finds them beautiful on a poor flower girl.
2. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
3. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) To see her father.
(b) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(c) To Buckingham Palace.
(d) To kill herself.
4. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) His phonetics books.
(b) Liza's treasured hat.
(c) The ring he bought Liza.
(d) His slippers.
5. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) An apple.
(c) A pear.
6. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
(b) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
(c) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
(d) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
7. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
(d) Equals under the sight of God.
8. Whom do Higgins and Pickering call on the phone when they find Liza missing?
(a) Mrs. Higgins.
(b) The police.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(d) Liza's father.
9. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
(a) At a grand ball in Buckingham Palace.
(b) At a party at the Embassy.
(c) At a Beethoven concert.
(d) At the prestigious Ascot horse races.
10. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(b) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(c) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(d) He is annoyed by her nagging.
11. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
(a) An ungrateful, snobbish woman.
(b) A woman fetching a man's slippers like a slave.
(c) A woman shouting for independence.
(d) A woman "s'yollin voylets" (selling violets) in the gutter.
12. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
(b) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
(c) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
(d) She has wounded him to the core.
13. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(b) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(c) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(d) Liza is playing the part too well.
14. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(b) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(c) He watches her window every night.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
15. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Neppomuck have?
2. What question does Liza have for Higgins after the party is over and they are back at Higgins's home?
3. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
4. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
5. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)