|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Bursts into tears.
(b) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(c) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
(d) Screams in rage.
2. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pear.
3. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(b) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(c) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(d) He was never married to her mother.
4. Why is Liza's father, Doolittle, upset with Higgins?
(a) He thinks Higgins has kicked Liza out.
(b) He thinks Higgins has taken advantage of Liza.
(c) Higgins has made him lose all his money.
(d) Higgins has made him a respectable gentleman.
5. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(b) Liza could become a diplomat.
(c) Liza may have a secret.
(d) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
6. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go back to her father.
(c) Become a teacher of phonetics.
(d) Open a jewelry shop.
7. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
(a) The police, who think he is guilty of stealing the money.
(b) Women, who want to marry him.
(c) Creditors, asking him to pay his debts.
(d) His relatives, asking for money.
8. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
(b) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(c) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
(d) She's no better than she ever was.
9. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should have complimented Liza.
(b) They should not have kicked her out.
(c) They should never have taught Liza.
(d) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
10. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
(a) Like a duchess.
(b) The same as always.
(c) With all his love.
(d) With respect and care.
11. Whom do Higgins and Pickering call on the phone when they find Liza missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Liza's father.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
12. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(b) Liza's father.
13. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) Liza is playing the part too well.
(b) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(c) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(d) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
14. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(b) He watches her window every night.
(c) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
15. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
2. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
3. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
4. What does Liza plan to do for money?
5. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)