|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
(b) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(c) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(d) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
2. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
(b) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(c) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(d) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
3. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) To see Mrs. Higgins.
(b) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(c) To the chapel to get married.
(d) They ride around the city all night.
4. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(b) Liza's father.
5. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
6. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Screams in rage.
(b) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(c) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
(d) Bursts into tears.
7. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
(a) At a Beethoven concert.
(b) At the prestigious Ascot horse races.
(c) At a party at the Embassy.
(d) At a grand ball in Buckingham Palace.
8. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Liza's father.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) The police.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
9. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
(a) She asks whether they will be any good for her now.
(b) She asks him if he plans to burn them as he did with her old clothes.
(c) She asks bitterly whether he finds them beautiful on a poor flower girl.
(d) She wants to know if they belong to her or Pickering.
10. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
(b) He misses the sound of her voice.
(c) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(d) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
11. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) A Hungarian prince.
(b) The ambassador from Hungary.
(c) A major rival of Higgins.
(d) A former student of Higgins.
12. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) Freddy and Clara.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Higgins and Pickering.
13. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
(b) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(c) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(d) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
14. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
15. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) For his wedding.
(b) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(c) To make a speech.
(d) To impress Liza and Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
2. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
3. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
4. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
5. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)