|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(b) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(c) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(d) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
2. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(b) Tired and brooding.
(d) Quietly triumphant.
3. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She is a tower of strength.
(b) She's a millstone around his neck.
(c) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
(d) She's an ignorant fool.
4. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(b) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(c) She speaks perfect French.
(d) She plays the piano beautifully.
5. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is a European duchess.
(b) She was educated in France.
(c) She is American.
(d) She is a Hungarian princess.
6. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(b) Liza may have a secret.
(c) Liza could become a diplomat.
(d) Liza looks strangely familiar.
7. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
(b) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(c) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
(d) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
8. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He will forget her.
(b) He will kill himself.
(c) He will miss her.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
9. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Liza's father.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) The police.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
10. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
(b) Presumptuous insect.
(c) Ungrateful vermin.
(d) Screaming banshee.
11. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Become a teacher of phonetics.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go back to her father.
(d) Open a jewelry shop.
12. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
13. Whom do Higgins and Pickering call on the phone when they find Liza missing?
(a) Mrs. Higgins.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) The police.
(d) Liza's father.
14. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(b) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(c) To make a speech.
(d) For his wedding.
15. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(b) To kill herself.
(c) To see her father.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
4. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
5. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)