|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(b) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(c) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
(d) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
2. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(b) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(c) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(d) He was never married to her mother.
3. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
(b) Screaming banshee.
(c) Ungrateful vermin.
(d) Presumptuous insect.
4. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To give her practice in polite conversation.
(b) To allow his mother to meet her.
(c) To announce their upcoming engagement.
(d) To see if people really believe that she is a duchess.
5. To whom does Liza plan to go for advice the day after she leaves Higgins?
(a) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mrs. Pearce.
6. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
(b) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
(c) They are kissing in the street.
(d) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
7. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
(a) He has a very hairy face.
(b) He has very dark, swarthy skin.
(c) He is exceptionally handsome.
(d) He is extremely large and burly.
8. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(b) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(c) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
(d) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
9. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
10. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
(b) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(c) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(d) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
11. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should have complimented Liza.
(b) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
(c) They should not have kicked her out.
(d) They should never have taught Liza.
12. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
(a) An apple.
(c) A pear.
13. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
14. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Cry for love.
(b) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(c) Sell herself for money.
(d) Obey a man.
15. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) To the chapel to get married.
(b) They ride around the city all night.
(c) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(d) To see Mrs. Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What does Liza plan to do for money?
3. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
4. What does Freddy tell the officer?
5. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)