|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza say when she sees her father looking so different in Act 5?
2. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Cry for love.
(b) Obey a man.
(c) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(d) Sell herself for money.
3. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(b) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
(c) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
(d) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
4. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
(a) An opera singer.
(b) An expert in Italian dialects.
(c) A playwright.
(d) A phonetics expert.
5. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
(b) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
(c) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
(d) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
2. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
3. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
4. Which quality makes Freddy a good husband for Liza?
5. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)