|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(b) She is in love with Freddy.
(c) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(d) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
2. What does Higgins say about women?
(a) He thinks men are superior to women and should tell them what to do.
(b) He's happier without them and is a confirmed bachelor.
(c) He has a hard time controlling himself around beautiful women.
(d) He thinks all women are silly creatures, like animals.
3. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) How to speak as she did before.
(b) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
(c) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
(d) How good it feels to curse.
4. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) The editor of a monthly review.
(b) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
(c) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
(d) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
5. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She plays the piano beautifully.
(b) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(c) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(d) She speaks perfect French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
2. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
3. What does Freddy tell the officer?
4. To what idea does Higgins express "violent opposition"?
5. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)