|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
(a) She warns him to be polite and not swear around Liza.
(b) She warns him that Liza may be dishonest and should be watched carefully.
(c) She warns him not to take sexual advantage of Liza.
(d) She warns him that Liza's father may come for her.
2. Which does Higgins ultimately value the most?
(a) Dominating others.
(b) Spiritual interests.
(c) Romantic love.
(d) Philosophic interests.
3. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
(a) He can teach her to speak properly.
(b) He can make her a Duchess.
(c) He can give her a proper education.
(d) He can make her rich.
4. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She is really a prostitute.
(b) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She lives in a slum.
5. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Obey a man.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Cry for love.
(d) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza plan to do for money?
2. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
3. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
4. How old is the Flower Girl?
5. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)