|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
(b) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
(c) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
(d) She has no parents; they are dead.
2. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Liza Doolittle.
(c) Nobody; Higgins is alone.
(d) Mrs. Pearce.
3. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
(b) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(c) They are shocked by her bad language.
(d) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
4. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
(b) Current Shorthand.
(c) A typewriter.
5. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) How she speaks.
(b) How she's treated.
(c) How she behaves.
(d) Her moral values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
5. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)