|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) Liza's treasured hat.
(b) The ring he bought Liza.
(c) His phonetics books.
(d) His slippers.
2. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
(b) They should not have kicked her out.
(c) They should never have taught Liza.
(d) They should have complimented Liza.
3. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
(b) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(c) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(d) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
4. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
(b) She has wounded him to the core.
(c) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
(d) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
5. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
(a) With all his love.
(b) With respect and care.
(c) The same as always.
(d) Like a duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Pickering teach Freddy?
4. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
5. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)