|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
(a) A book about his precious alphabet.
(b) All her jewelry.
(c) His slippers.
(d) The ring he bought her.
2. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) The police, to ask him questions.
(b) Freddy, to ask Liza's hand in marriage.
(c) Liza's father, Doolittle.
(d) Liza, demanding an apology.
3. To what idea does Higgins express "violent opposition"?
(a) Liza living at Wimpole Street with him and Pickering.
(b) Liza teaching phonetics.
(c) Liza marrying Freddy.
(d) Liza opening a shop.
4. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(b) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(c) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
(d) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
5. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
(b) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(c) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
(d) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
2. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
3. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
4. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
5. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)