|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Obey a man.
(d) Cry for love.
2. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
(b) He is an ill-natured man.
(c) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(d) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
3. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Silly and snobbish.
(b) Very controlling of her son.
(c) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(d) Elegant and sensible.
4. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
(a) The consonants and some vowels.
(b) The consonants.
(c) The vowels and some consonants.
(d) The vowels.
5. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
(a) To win love.
(b) To become teachers.
(c) To play the Queen of Spain onstage.
(d) To meet monarchs such as the Queen of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
2. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
3. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
4. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
5. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)