|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A cold, wintry evening.
(b) A dark and rainy night.
(c) Early morning, just before dawn.
(d) A hot and sweltering day.
2. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They are shocked by her bad language.
(b) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
(c) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(d) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
3. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He will kill himself.
(b) He will miss her.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He will forget her.
4. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
(a) A London patriarch.
(b) The inventor of the telephone.
(c) A playwright who was a rival of Shaw's.
(d) A phonetics expert who invented a phonetic spelling called Visible Speech.
5. How much money does Liza get as a wedding present?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 1000 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
2. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
3. Who is Neppomuck?
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
5. What does Pickering teach Freddy?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)