|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
(a) He sometimes has tantrums when things go wrong.
(b) He is willing to be malicious and cruel in order to get ahead.
(c) He is careless about other people's feelings.
(d) He can be a bully.
2. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
(b) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(c) Liza has no underwear.
(d) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
3. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's an ignorant fool.
(b) She's a millstone around his neck.
(c) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
(d) She is a tower of strength.
4. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) Hobbies and sports.
(b) The weather and people's health.
(c) The weather and politics.
(d) Family and friends.
5. What is Freddy's profession?
(a) He is a common clerk, making only thirty shillings a week.
(b) Raised as a gentleman, he has no occupation.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a private secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
2. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
3. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
4. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
5. What do people often expect from the heroine of a play?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)