|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) The police.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) Liza's father.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
2. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A flower in the mud.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
(d) The Queen of Sheba.
3. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Freddy and Clara.
(d) Higgins and Pickering.
4. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(b) Her Cockney accent.
(c) Her cleverness.
(d) Her exceptional beauty.
5. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) With Freddy.
(b) With Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Back in Covent Garden, wandering in the vegetable market.
(d) With her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
2. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
3. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
4. What is the name of the opulent place where Mrs. Eynsford Hill grew up?
5. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)