|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) The psychology of poverty.
(b) American and British slang.
(c) Dialects spoken in India.
(d) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
2. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(b) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(c) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(d) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
3. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She speaks perfect French.
(b) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(c) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(d) She plays the piano beautifully.
4. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Save it and use it wisely.
(b) Buy something for his wife.
(c) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
(d) Keep it for Liza.
5. To what idea does Higgins express "violent opposition"?
(a) Liza teaching phonetics.
(b) Liza marrying Freddy.
(c) Liza opening a shop.
(d) Liza living at Wimpole Street with him and Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the opulent place where Mrs. Eynsford Hill grew up?
2. What skill does Neppomuck have?
3. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
4. Which does Higgins ultimately value the most?
5. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)