|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) To Buckingham Palace.
(b) To see her father.
(c) To kill herself.
(d) Back to the slums where she belongs.
2. What is the Flower Girl selling?
3. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
(b) How to speak as she did before.
(c) How good it feels to curse.
(d) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
4. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(b) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(c) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(d) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
5. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They are shocked by her bad language.
(b) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(c) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(d) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
2. What can Higgins guess about people?
3. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
4. Which does Higgins ultimately value the most?
5. How does Higgins promise to treat Liza if she comes back to him?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)