|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(c) A picture of her deceased mother.
(d) A birdcage.
2. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
(b) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
(c) He misses the sound of her voice.
(d) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
3. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) A Hungarian prince.
(b) A major rival of Higgins.
(c) A former student of Higgins.
(d) The ambassador from Hungary.
4. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Nobody; Higgins is alone.
(c) Liza Doolittle.
(d) Mrs. Pearce.
5. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(b) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
(c) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
(d) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
2. What does Liza want to do after her bath?
3. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
5. Which statement does Shaw agree with in the epilogue?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)