|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
(a) A dirty shack she shares with her whole family.
(b) A small, shabby room in an alley.
(c) She sleeps in a suburban kitchen with a fireplace.
(d) She is homeless and sleeps in an alley.
2. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He is an ill-natured man.
(b) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
(c) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(d) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
3. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) With Freddy.
(b) With Mrs. Higgins.
(c) With her father.
(d) Back in Covent Garden, wandering in the vegetable market.
4. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
(a) To win love.
(b) To play the Queen of Spain onstage.
(c) To become teachers.
(d) To meet monarchs such as the Queen of Spain.
5. What is Mrs. Eynsford Hill's economic situation?
(a) She is impoverished and must find work.
(b) She is struggling to maintain her upper-class lifestyle.
(c) She is quite comfortable and supports her children.
(d) She is extremely wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which university does Sweet teach?
2. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
3. What does Higgins say about women?
4. How old is the Flower Girl?
5. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)