|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
(a) The electric lights.
(b) The draft from the window.
(c) A bath.
(d) Her father, if he finds out where she is.
2. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) With Freddy.
(b) With her father.
(c) Back in Covent Garden, wandering in the vegetable market.
(d) With Mrs. Higgins.
3. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Filthy tramp.
(b) Foul-mouthed imp.
(c) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
(d) Idle-headed fool.
4. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(b) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(c) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
(d) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
5. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
(b) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
(c) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
(d) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
2. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
3. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
4. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
5. To what idea does Higgins express "violent opposition"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)