|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
(b) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(c) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(d) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
2. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Help her open a flower shop.
(b) Make her into a duchess.
(c) Give her speech lessons.
(d) Return the money he took the night before.
3. On what basis do some English people despise others?
(a) Whether they are foreign or native-born citizens.
(b) Their socioeconomic class.
(c) Their level of education.
(d) Their accents or dialects of English.
4. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(b) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(c) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
(d) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
5. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Very controlling of her son.
(b) Silly and snobbish.
(c) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(d) Elegant and sensible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
2. Which quality makes Freddy a good husband for Liza?
3. What is Mrs. Eynsford Hill's economic situation?
4. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
5. Who comes looking for Higgins at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)