|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Higgins say Pickering and Higgins have done wrong?
(a) They should never have taught Liza.
(b) They should have paid Liza a regular wage.
(c) They should not have kicked her out.
(d) They should have complimented Liza.
2. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
(a) A professor of English literatures specializing in Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) A low-class person who cannot speak the language properly.
(c) An energetic enthusiast who supports language reform.
(d) A multilinguist and expert in Latinate languages.
3. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(b) She lives in a slum.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She is really a prostitute.
4. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
(a) A dirty shack she shares with her whole family.
(b) She is homeless and sleeps in an alley.
(c) A small, shabby room in an alley.
(d) She sleeps in a suburban kitchen with a fireplace.
5. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) A major rival of Higgins.
(b) The ambassador from Hungary.
(c) A Hungarian prince.
(d) A former student of Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an upside-down e represent?
2. What new skill does Higgins teach Liza?
3. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
4. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
5. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)