|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(b) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
(c) Liza has no underwear.
(d) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
2. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
(a) For humanity.
(b) For Higgins.
(c) For the young science of phonetics.
(d) For Liza.
3. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
(a) A meal.
(b) A shilling for the taxi.
(c) A handkerchief to wipe her nose with.
(d) A whack on the bum with a broomstick.
4. How is Henry Higgins described?
(a) He is about forty years old, strong and energetic.
(b) He is elderly and distinguished, with the appearance of a scholar.
(c) He is young and handsome, but sloppy in his dress.
(d) He is thin and feeble, but has a strong scientific mind.
5. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) How to say her alphabet properly.
(c) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
2. What is the Flower Girl selling?
3. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
4. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
5. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)