|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to say her alphabet properly.
(b) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(c) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
2. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
(b) It is written in a cryptic code.
(c) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
(d) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
3. What upsets Higgins now that Liza is gone?
(a) He misses the sound of her voice.
(b) He doesn't know what appointments he has.
(c) He doesn't have anyone to find his slippers.
(d) He needs her to cook his breakfast.
4. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
(a) It can be used as a kind of secret code or cryptogram.
(b) It can express every sound in the language perfectly.
(c) Everyone is familiar with it, as it is widely taught in secretarial schools.
(d) It can be used on postcards, where there is limited space to write.
5. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(b) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(c) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(d) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which university does Sweet teach?
2. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
3. What is Liza's father's profession?
4. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)