|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
(a) For his wedding.
(b) To impress Liza and Higgins.
(c) For Liza and Freddy's wedding.
(d) To make a speech.
2. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(b) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
(c) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
(d) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
3. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She plays the piano beautifully.
(b) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(c) She speaks perfect French.
(d) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English can't speak their own language properly.
(b) The English are poor spellers.
(c) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
(d) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
5. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) The police.
(d) Liza's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
2. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
3. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
5. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)