|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
(a) Creditors, asking him to pay his debts.
(b) The police, who think he is guilty of stealing the money.
(c) His relatives, asking for money.
(d) Women, who want to marry him.
2. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She speaks perfect French.
(b) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(c) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
(d) She plays the piano beautifully.
3. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
(a) Great art cannot please everyone; there will always be some wiseacres who cannot appreciate it.
(b) Truly great art should not seek to be commercially successful.
(c) All great art must be didactic; that is, it should teach people something.
(d) Great art should not seek to teach lessons, but to entertain.
4. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A picture of her deceased mother.
(b) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(c) A birdcage.
(d) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
5. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Buy something for his wife.
(b) Save it and use it wisely.
(c) Keep it for Liza.
(d) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
2. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
3. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
4. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
5. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)