|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
(a) He is willing to be malicious and cruel in order to get ahead.
(b) He can be a bully.
(c) He is careless about other people's feelings.
(d) He sometimes has tantrums when things go wrong.
2. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
(b) Dialects spoken in India.
(c) The psychology of poverty.
(d) American and British slang.
3. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To announce their upcoming engagement.
(b) To allow his mother to meet her.
(c) To give her practice in polite conversation.
(d) To see if people really believe that she is a duchess.
4. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
(b) It is written in a cryptic code.
(c) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
(d) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
5. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
(c) Liza's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
2. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
3. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
4. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
5. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)