|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
2. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be the same as the Spanish alphabet.
(b) It should be completely modified to conform with classical Greek letters.
(c) It should be increased to the size of the Russian alphabet.
(d) It should be simplified to include only the most essential letters.
3. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Adopt her as his daughter.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Pay for her to go to school.
(d) Get her a flower shop.
4. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
(a) A woman shouting for independence.
(b) An ungrateful, snobbish woman.
(c) A woman "s'yollin voylets" (selling violets) in the gutter.
(d) A woman fetching a man's slippers like a slave.
5. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
(b) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
(c) The editor of a monthly review.
(d) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
3. What does Higgins say about women?
4. What is the Flower Girl selling?
5. How old is the Flower Girl?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)