|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(b) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(c) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(d) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
2. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) How she behaves.
(b) How she speaks.
(c) How she's treated.
(d) Her moral values.
3. What is Higgins the author of?
(a) Spoken Sanscrit.
(b) The play that everyone has seen that evening.
(c) Higgins's Universal Alphabet.
(d) Famous books about Shakespeare and Milton.
4. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's an ignorant fool.
(b) She's a millstone around his neck.
(c) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
(d) She is a tower of strength.
5. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
(a) For the young science of phonetics.
(b) For humanity.
(c) For Liza.
(d) For Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
2. What is the Flower Girl selling?
3. What does an upside-down e represent?
4. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
5. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)