|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
(b) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(c) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(d) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
2. What does Pickering want Liza to do at the end of Act 5?
(a) Go back to her father where she belongs.
(b) Forgive Higgins and come back.
(c) Marry Freddy and be happy.
(d) Open a flower shop.
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
(a) They must be trained by a phonetics expert.
(b) People should not try to get rid of their low-class accents; they should be proud of the way they speak.
(c) They should imitate people who speak proper English.
(d) It cannot be done in real life.
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(b) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(c) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
(d) They are shocked by her bad language.
5. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 1200 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 1000 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
4. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
5. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)