|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He was never married to her mother.
(b) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(c) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(d) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
2. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
(a) Her father, if he finds out where she is.
(b) A bath.
(c) The draft from the window.
(d) The electric lights.
3. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Give her speech lessons.
(b) Help her open a flower shop.
(c) Return the money he took the night before.
(d) Make her into a duchess.
4. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(c) How to say her alphabet properly.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She is really a prostitute.
(b) She lives in a slum.
(c) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(d) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
2. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
4. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
5. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)