|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) Freddy is falling in love with her.
(b) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(c) She sold all her flowers.
(d) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
2. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
(a) Sew it so that it doesn't look so raggedy.
(b) Wash it in boiling water to kill the mites.
(c) Throw it away.
(d) Burn it at once.
3. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
(a) He will marry her himself.
(b) Men will soon be dying for her.
(c) She will marry a duke.
(d) Nobody would want to marry the likes of her.
4. What is Liza's father's profession?
(b) Taxicab driver.
(c) Trash collector.
5. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Freddy and Clara.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(d) Higgins and Pickering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
2. How is Henry Higgins described?
3. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
5. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)