|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
(b) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
(c) It is written in a cryptic code.
(d) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
2. Why is Liza's father, Doolittle, upset with Higgins?
(a) Higgins has made him lose all his money.
(b) He thinks Higgins has taken advantage of Liza.
(c) Higgins has made him a respectable gentleman.
(d) He thinks Higgins has kicked Liza out.
3. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Liza's father.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(d) The police.
4. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to say her alphabet properly.
(c) How to hold a cup of tea.
(d) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
5. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
(a) He never knows of it because he dies before it is invented.
(b) He doesn't like it because it is not phonetic.
(c) He despises it.
(d) He thinks it is brilliant and uses it as a model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Neppomuck have?
2. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
3. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
4. How is Henry Higgins described?
5. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)