|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
(a) Popular systems of shorthand.
(b) Early dictaphones.
(c) Successful business organizations.
(d) Phonetic alphabets.
2. What does Liza plan to do for money?
(a) Open a flower shop.
(b) Marry Freddy.
(c) Work as a teacher of phonetics.
(d) She won't need money because her father will support her.
3. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
(b) She has no parents; they are dead.
(c) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
(d) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
4. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He will kill himself.
(b) He will forget her.
(c) He will miss her.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
5. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
(b) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(c) He is an ill-natured man.
(d) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
2. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
3. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
4. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
5. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)