|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(b) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(c) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(d) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
2. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
(a) New York.
3. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
(b) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(c) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
(d) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
4. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) How to say her alphabet properly.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
5. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
(a) Teach phonetics at a new school for the poor.
(b) Give lectures about morality.
(c) Work hard as a laborer to support Liza.
(d) Go at once to America to work for Ezra Wannafeller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
2. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
3. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
4. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
5. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)