|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
(b) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
(c) The editor of a monthly review.
(d) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
3. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Obey a man.
(b) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
(c) Cry for love.
(d) Sell herself for money.
4. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(b) He won't give her any money.
(c) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(d) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
5. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to say her alphabet properly.
(c) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
2. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
3. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
4. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
5. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)