|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
(a) He can teach her to speak properly.
(b) He can make her a Duchess.
(c) He can make her rich.
(d) He can give her a proper education.
2. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
3. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Liza Doolittle.
(b) Nobody; Higgins is alone.
(c) Mrs. Pearce.
4. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
(a) A multilinguist and expert in Latinate languages.
(b) A professor of English literatures specializing in Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) An energetic enthusiast who supports language reform.
(d) A low-class person who cannot speak the language properly.
5. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Keep it for Liza.
(b) Buy something for his wife.
(c) Save it and use it wisely.
(d) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
3. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
4. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
5. At which university does Sweet teach?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)