|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
2. What does Higgins say about women?
(a) He's happier without them and is a confirmed bachelor.
(b) He has a hard time controlling himself around beautiful women.
(c) He thinks men are superior to women and should tell them what to do.
(d) He thinks all women are silly creatures, like animals.
3. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(b) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(c) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(d) Liza is playing the part too well.
4. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) Family and friends.
(b) The weather and people's health.
(c) Hobbies and sports.
(d) The weather and politics.
5. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
(a) He is an elderly, military type.
(b) He is snobbish and rude.
(c) He is young and dashing.
(d) He is dressed in a uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
2. What does Higgins eat while he talks of Liza's future?
3. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
4. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
5. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)