|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(a) To see Higgins.
(c) To jump in the river.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
2. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
(b) It is not legible.
(c) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
(d) It is very difficult to learn.
3. Why is Liza's father, Doolittle, upset with Higgins?
(a) Higgins has made him a respectable gentleman.
(b) He thinks Higgins has kicked Liza out.
(c) Higgins has made him lose all his money.
(d) He thinks Higgins has taken advantage of Liza.
4. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(b) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(c) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(d) He was never married to her mother.
5. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their secret desires and dreams.
(b) Where they are from.
(c) Their age.
(d) What their job is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henry Sweet?
2. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
3. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
4. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
5. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)