|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their secret desires and dreams.
(b) Where they are from.
(c) What their job is.
(d) Their age.
3. On what basis do some English people despise others?
(a) Their accents or dialects of English.
(b) Whether they are foreign or native-born citizens.
(c) Their level of education.
(d) Their socioeconomic class.
4. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Return the money he took the night before.
(b) Make her into a duchess.
(c) Help her open a flower shop.
(d) Give her speech lessons.
5. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
(b) The editor of a monthly review.
(c) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
(d) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
2. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
3. Who is Neppomuck?
4. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
5. What skill does Neppomuck have?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)