|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
(b) Filthy tramp.
(c) Foul-mouthed imp.
(d) Idle-headed fool.
2. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) Family and friends.
(b) Hobbies and sports.
(c) The weather and politics.
(d) The weather and people's health.
3. How does Higgins make his money?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He teaches people to speak with a proper accent.
(c) He writes plays.
(d) He is a professor at Oxford.
4. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She has seen him somewhere before.
(b) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) They are secretly lovers.
5. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(b) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(c) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(d) She is in love with Freddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
2. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
3. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
4. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)