|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) To Buckingham Palace.
(b) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(c) To see her father.
(d) To kill herself.
2. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
(b) It is very difficult to learn.
(c) It is not legible.
(d) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
3. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza could become a diplomat.
(b) Liza may have a secret.
(c) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(d) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
4. At which university does Sweet teach?
(b) The Imperial Institute in London.
5. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
(b) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
(c) She has no parents; they are dead.
(d) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
2. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
3. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
4. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
5. What new skill does Liza have?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)