|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the policeman stop Freddy and Liza?
(a) They are kissing in the street.
(b) Liza has dropped her handkerchief.
(c) He thinks Liza has stolen the jewels.
(d) He recognizes Liza as a flower girl.
2. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
(a) To see her father.
(b) Back to the slums where she belongs.
(c) To kill herself.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
3. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
(a) That he can seduce Liza and make her fall in love with him in three months.
(b) That Liza will marry the Duke and become a Duchess.
(c) That he can teach Liza to speak perfect English in three weeks.
(d) That he can pass Liza off as a lady at the ambassador's garden party.
4. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
(a) Truly great art should not seek to be commercially successful.
(b) Great art should not seek to teach lessons, but to entertain.
(c) Great art cannot please everyone; there will always be some wiseacres who cannot appreciate it.
(d) All great art must be didactic; that is, it should teach people something.
5. What does Sweet send Shaw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
4. Who is Neppomuck?
5. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)