|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He won't give her any money.
(b) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(c) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(d) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
2. What does an upside-down e represent?
(a) An uncommon vowel in English.
(b) It is similar to a question mark.
(c) A vowel of indefinite sound.
(d) It is a symbol of the uselessnesss of alphabets.
3. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(b) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(c) Liza is playing the part too well.
(d) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
4. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Six weeks.
5. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
(a) It is the most significant experiment of his entire career.
(b) He is so nervous about it that he's glad it's finally over.
(c) It will make him famous if anyone finds out--which they won't.
(d) It is dreadfully boring and he thanks God it's over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Neppomuck?
2. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
3. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
4. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
5. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)