|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
(a) He can give her a proper education.
(b) He can teach her to speak properly.
(c) He can make her rich.
(d) He can make her a Duchess.
2. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(b) He was never married to her mother.
(c) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(d) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
(a) She is wearing a black sailor hat.
(b) She has bad teeth.
(c) Her hair needs to be brushed.
(d) She is very clean and neat.
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English are poor spellers.
(b) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(c) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
(d) The English can't speak their own language properly.
5. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) Liza is playing the part too well.
(b) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(c) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(d) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
2. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
3. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
4. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
5. Which of the following does Higgins call Liza in Act 4 when she bursts out in a rage at him?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)