|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(b) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(c) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(d) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
2. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He won't give her any money.
(b) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(c) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
(d) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
3. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
(b) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
(c) She has no parents; they are dead.
(d) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
4. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(b) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(c) She is in love with Freddy.
(d) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
5. On what basis do some English people despise others?
(a) Their accents or dialects of English.
(b) Their level of education.
(c) Whether they are foreign or native-born citizens.
(d) Their socioeconomic class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
2. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
4. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
5. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)