|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
(a) That he can teach Liza to speak perfect English in three weeks.
(b) That he can seduce Liza and make her fall in love with him in three months.
(c) That he can pass Liza off as a lady at the ambassador's garden party.
(d) That Liza will marry the Duke and become a Duchess.
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(b) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(c) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(d) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
3. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
(a) Equals under the sight of God.
4. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
(a) It is the most significant experiment of his entire career.
(b) He is so nervous about it that he's glad it's finally over.
(c) It is dreadfully boring and he thanks God it's over.
(d) It will make him famous if anyone finds out--which they won't.
5. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
(a) A purse full of coins.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) New clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
2. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
3. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
4. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
5. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)