|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) The ring he bought Liza.
(b) His slippers.
(c) Liza's treasured hat.
(d) His phonetics books.
2. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(b) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
(c) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(d) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
3. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
(b) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
(c) She has no parents; they are dead.
(d) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
4. On what basis do some English people despise others?
(a) Their level of education.
(b) Their socioeconomic class.
(c) Whether they are foreign or native-born citizens.
(d) Their accents or dialects of English.
5. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(b) Quietly triumphant.
(d) Tired and brooding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
4. What is Higgins the author of?
5. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)