|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) To ask her to marry him.
(b) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(c) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(d) He watches her window every night.
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
3. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
(b) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
(c) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
(d) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
4. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
(a) He has a natural talent with language.
(b) He has the same horrible accent as Liza.
(c) He seems cruel and conniving.
(d) Despite his poverty, he seems like an honest fellow.
5. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(c) To jump in the river.
(d) To see Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Liza's parents?
2. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
3. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
4. What is the Flower Girl selling?
5. What new skill does Liza have?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)