|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
(b) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(c) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
(d) Liza has no underwear.
2. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is boring.
(c) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(d) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
3. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
(a) Equals under the sight of God.
4. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) She has no parents; they are dead.
(b) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
(c) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
(d) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
5. What does Higgins say Liza might do next?
(a) Get married.
(b) Open a jewelry shop.
(c) Become a teacher of phonetics.
(d) Go back to her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
2. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
3. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
4. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
5. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)