|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
(b) Liza has no underwear.
(c) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(d) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
2. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
(a) Great art cannot please everyone; there will always be some wiseacres who cannot appreciate it.
(b) Truly great art should not seek to be commercially successful.
(c) Great art should not seek to teach lessons, but to entertain.
(d) All great art must be didactic; that is, it should teach people something.
3. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
(b) New York.
4. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) The editor of a monthly review.
(b) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
(c) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
(d) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
5. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Higgins guess about people?
2. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
3. What does Freddy tell the officer?
4. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)