|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
(b) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
(c) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
(d) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
2. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A flower in the mud.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) The Queen of Sheba.
(d) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
3. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
(b) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(c) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
(d) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
4. About how much do Liza's clothes cost?
(a) 1200 pounds.
(b) 1000 pounds
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
5. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(b) They are secretly lovers.
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) She has seen him somewhere before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
2. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
3. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
4. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
5. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)