|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) The Queen of Sheba.
(b) A flower in the mud.
(c) A diamond in the rough.
(d) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
2. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
(a) Truly great art should not seek to be commercially successful.
(b) Great art cannot please everyone; there will always be some wiseacres who cannot appreciate it.
(c) Great art should not seek to teach lessons, but to entertain.
(d) All great art must be didactic; that is, it should teach people something.
4. How old is the Flower Girl?
(a) She is "sweet sixteen."
(b) She is about eighteen or twenty.
(c) She is only fourteen or fifteen.
(d) She has just turned twenty-one.
5. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
(a) She asks bitterly whether he finds them beautiful on a poor flower girl.
(b) She wants to know if they belong to her or Pickering.
(c) She asks him if he plans to burn them as he did with her old clothes.
(d) She asks whether they will be any good for her now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Liza's parents?
2. To whom does Liza plan to go for advice the day after she leaves Higgins?
3. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
4. Who is Henry Sweet?
5. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)