|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(b) Her exceptional beauty.
(c) Her cleverness.
(d) Her Cockney accent.
2. What does Liza say she never did when she was a flower girl?
(a) Obey a man.
(b) Sell herself for money.
(c) Cry for love.
(d) Put herself on display like a bird in a cage.
3. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She's a great cook.
(b) She's not bad-looking.
(c) She is a real lady now.
(d) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
4. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She is in love with Freddy.
(b) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(c) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(d) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
5. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(b) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(c) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
(d) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
2. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
3. What does Liza think about the party?
4. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
5. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)