|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
(a) Breaks into a self-satisfied smile.
(b) Screams in rage.
(c) Sticks her tongue out at herself.
(d) Bursts into tears.
2. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) The weather and politics.
(b) Family and friends.
(c) Hobbies and sports.
(d) The weather and people's health.
3. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
4. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
5. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
(a) The consonants.
(b) The vowels.
(c) The consonants and some vowels.
(d) The vowels and some consonants.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
4. What happened to Liza's parents?
5. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)