|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
(b) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
(c) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(d) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
2. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
3. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(d) He watches her window every night.
4. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Someone to love.
(b) Tickets to the theater.
(c) A taxicab.
(d) Flowers for his mother.
5. What happened to Liza's parents?
(a) Her father is gone and her stepfather beats her.
(b) They are too poor to take care of her, so she lives on her own.
(c) She has no mother, and her father and stepmother kicked her out.
(d) She has no parents; they are dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
3. What does Liza ask Higgins about her clothes?
4. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
5. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)