|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
(b) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
(c) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(d) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
3. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) To the chapel to get married.
(b) They ride around the city all night.
(c) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
(d) To see Mrs. Higgins.
4. What does Sweet send Shaw?
5. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(b) Tired and brooding.
(d) Quietly triumphant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. What shocking word does Liza use during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
4. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
5. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)