|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
(a) She warns him to be polite and not swear around Liza.
(b) She warns him not to take sexual advantage of Liza.
(c) She warns him that Liza may be dishonest and should be watched carefully.
(d) She warns him that Liza's father may come for her.
2. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He is an ill-natured man.
(b) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(c) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
(d) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
3. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
(b) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
(c) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
(d) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(b) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(c) They are shocked by her bad language.
(d) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
5. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
(a) Despite his poverty, he seems like an honest fellow.
(b) He seems cruel and conniving.
(c) He has the same horrible accent as Liza.
(d) He has a natural talent with language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
2. What does Sweet send Shaw?
3. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
4. Which best describes the first scene?
5. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)