|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
(a) Current Shorthand.
(b) A typewriter.
2. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
3. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
(b) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
(c) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
(d) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
4. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
(b) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
(c) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
(d) It is written in a cryptic code.
5. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) A birdcage.
(c) A picture of her deceased mother.
(d) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which university does Sweet teach?
2. What does Higgins say about women?
3. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
4. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
5. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)