|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Tickets to the theater.
(b) Flowers for his mother.
(c) A taxicab.
(d) Someone to love.
2. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) She sold all her flowers.
(b) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(c) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(d) Freddy is falling in love with her.
3. What does Sweet send Shaw?
4. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
(a) He can be a bully.
(b) He sometimes has tantrums when things go wrong.
(c) He is careless about other people's feelings.
(d) He is willing to be malicious and cruel in order to get ahead.
5. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
(b) He is an ill-natured man.
(c) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(d) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
2. Which best describes the first scene?
3. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
4. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
5. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)