|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Higgins make his money?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He teaches people to speak with a proper accent.
(c) He is a professor at Oxford.
(d) He writes plays.
2. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
(a) Burn it at once.
(b) Wash it in boiling water to kill the mites.
(c) Throw it away.
(d) Sew it so that it doesn't look so raggedy.
3. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their secret desires and dreams.
(b) Where they are from.
(c) What their job is.
(d) Their age.
4. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
(b) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
(c) It is very difficult to learn.
(d) It is not legible.
5. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Buy something for his wife.
(b) Keep it for Liza.
(c) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
(d) Save it and use it wisely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which best describes the first scene?
2. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
3. What does Sweet send Shaw?
4. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
5. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)