|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
(a) He has a natural talent with language.
(b) He has the same horrible accent as Liza.
(c) He seems cruel and conniving.
(d) Despite his poverty, he seems like an honest fellow.
2. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(b) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
(c) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(d) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
3. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She has seen him somewhere before.
(b) She heard the women call him by that name.
(c) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(d) They are secretly lovers.
4. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Where they are from.
(b) What their job is.
(c) Their secret desires and dreams.
(d) Their age.
5. What does an upside-down e represent?
(a) It is similar to a question mark.
(b) It is a symbol of the uselessnesss of alphabets.
(c) An uncommon vowel in English.
(d) A vowel of indefinite sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
2. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
3. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
4. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
5. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)