|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
(a) He is snobbish and rude.
(b) He is young and dashing.
(c) He is an elderly, military type.
(d) He is dressed in a uniform.
2. What does Liza want to do after her bath?
(a) Change back into her old clothes since she feels uncomfortable this way.
(b) Go out and show off her new clothes.
(c) Start her lessons immediately.
(d) Have a serious talk with her father.
3. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
(a) A small, shabby room in an alley.
(b) She is homeless and sleeps in an alley.
(c) She sleeps in a suburban kitchen with a fireplace.
(d) A dirty shack she shares with her whole family.
4. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Buy something for his wife.
(b) Keep it for Liza.
(c) Save it and use it wisely.
(d) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
5. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
2. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
3. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
4. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
5. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)