|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English are poor spellers.
(b) The English can't speak their own language properly.
(c) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(d) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
2. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) At a train station.
(b) In a park.
(c) In front of a church.
(d) At a theater.
3. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
4. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Filthy tramp.
(b) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
(c) Foul-mouthed imp.
(d) Idle-headed fool.
5. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Flowers for his mother.
(b) A taxicab.
(c) Tickets to the theater.
(d) Someone to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Higgins the author of?
2. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
3. Which best describes the first scene?
4. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
5. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)