|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) How to say her alphabet properly.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
2. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
(a) It is extremely successful on stage, and he hopes to make a movie of it.
(b) It is extremely successful on stage and screen all over North America and Europe.
(c) It is extremely successful in America, but not in Europe.
(d) It is extremely successful in Europe, and he hopes to make it so in America.
3. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(b) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(c) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
(d) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(b) The English can't speak their own language properly.
(c) The English are poor spellers.
(d) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
5. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
(a) Burn it at once.
(b) Wash it in boiling water to kill the mites.
(c) Sew it so that it doesn't look so raggedy.
(d) Throw it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
2. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
3. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
4. How does Higgins make his money?
5. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)