|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
(a) He will marry her himself.
(b) Men will soon be dying for her.
(c) She will marry a duke.
(d) Nobody would want to marry the likes of her.
2. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Buy something for his wife.
(b) Save it and use it wisely.
(c) Keep it for Liza.
(d) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
3. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza has no underwear.
(b) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
(c) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(d) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
4. What is Higgins the author of?
(a) Higgins's Universal Alphabet.
(b) Famous books about Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) The play that everyone has seen that evening.
(d) Spoken Sanscrit.
5. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
(a) She sleeps in a suburban kitchen with a fireplace.
(b) She is homeless and sleeps in an alley.
(c) A dirty shack she shares with her whole family.
(d) A small, shabby room in an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
2. What is Liza's father's profession?
3. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
4. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
5. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)