|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
(a) A purse full of coins.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) A diamond ring.
2. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
(b) Foul-mouthed imp.
(c) Filthy tramp.
(d) Idle-headed fool.
3. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
(b) It is very difficult to learn.
(c) It is not legible.
(d) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
4. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
(a) Wash it in boiling water to kill the mites.
(b) Throw it away.
(c) Burn it at once.
(d) Sew it so that it doesn't look so raggedy.
5. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
(a) Dedicate the play Pygmalion to him.
(b) Help him get an article published.
(c) Get him a teaching position.
(d) Involve him in the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
2. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
3. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
4. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
5. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)