|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
(a) It is knocked to the ground by Freddy.
(b) It is knocked to the ground by Higgins.
(c) The police seize it, saying she has no license to sell flowers.
(d) Someone steals it.
2. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
(a) Help him get an article published.
(b) Involve him in the theater.
(c) Get him a teaching position.
(d) Dedicate the play Pygmalion to him.
3. How is Henry Higgins described?
(a) He is young and handsome, but sloppy in his dress.
(b) He is elderly and distinguished, with the appearance of a scholar.
(c) He is about forty years old, strong and energetic.
(d) He is thin and feeble, but has a strong scientific mind.
4. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
(a) He is careless about other people's feelings.
(b) He can be a bully.
(c) He is willing to be malicious and cruel in order to get ahead.
(d) He sometimes has tantrums when things go wrong.
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her exceptional beauty.
(b) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(c) Her cleverness.
(d) Her Cockney accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
2. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
3. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
4. What does Sweet send Shaw?
5. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)