|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Flower Girl?
(a) She is "sweet sixteen."
(b) She is about eighteen or twenty.
(c) She is only fourteen or fifteen.
(d) She has just turned twenty-one.
2. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A purse full of coins.
(d) A chocolate.
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
(a) People should not try to get rid of their low-class accents; they should be proud of the way they speak.
(b) It cannot be done in real life.
(c) They must be trained by a phonetics expert.
(d) They should imitate people who speak proper English.
4. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
(a) Men will soon be dying for her.
(b) She will marry a duke.
(c) He will marry her himself.
(d) Nobody would want to marry the likes of her.
5. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
(b) The psychology of poverty.
(c) Dialects spoken in India.
(d) American and British slang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
2. What is Higgins the author of?
3. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
4. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
5. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)