|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
(a) It can be used on postcards, where there is limited space to write.
(b) It can express every sound in the language perfectly.
(c) It can be used as a kind of secret code or cryptogram.
(d) Everyone is familiar with it, as it is widely taught in secretarial schools.
2. What does Higgins say about women?
(a) He thinks men are superior to women and should tell them what to do.
(b) He has a hard time controlling himself around beautiful women.
(c) He thinks all women are silly creatures, like animals.
(d) He's happier without them and is a confirmed bachelor.
3. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Idle-headed fool.
(b) Filthy tramp.
(c) Foul-mouthed imp.
(d) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
4. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) American and British slang.
(b) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
(c) The psychology of poverty.
(d) Dialects spoken in India.
5. At which university does Sweet teach?
(b) The Imperial Institute in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
2. What does Liza want to do after her bath?
3. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
4. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
5. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)