|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(a) To see Higgins.
(b) To jump in the river.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
2. How is Henry Higgins described?
(a) He is thin and feeble, but has a strong scientific mind.
(b) He is elderly and distinguished, with the appearance of a scholar.
(c) He is young and handsome, but sloppy in his dress.
(d) He is about forty years old, strong and energetic.
3. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(b) She heard the women call him by that name.
(c) She has seen him somewhere before.
(d) They are secretly lovers.
4. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
(a) Phonetic alphabets.
(b) Successful business organizations.
(c) Popular systems of shorthand.
(d) Early dictaphones.
5. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
(a) She will marry a duke.
(b) He will marry her himself.
(c) Men will soon be dying for her.
(d) Nobody would want to marry the likes of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
2. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
3. Which best describes the first scene?
4. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
5. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)