|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
(b) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
(c) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(d) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
2. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
3. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) What their job is.
(b) Their secret desires and dreams.
(c) Their age.
(d) Where they are from.
4. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
(b) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
(c) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
(d) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
5. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A hot and sweltering day.
(b) Early morning, just before dawn.
(c) A dark and rainy night.
(d) A cold, wintry evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
2. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
3. How is Henry Higgins described?
4. At which university does Sweet teach?
5. What does Higgins say about women?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)