|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweet send Shaw?
2. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He is an ill-natured man.
(b) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
(c) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(d) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
3. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
(b) It is written in a cryptic code.
(c) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
(d) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
4. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(a) To see Higgins.
(b) Buckingham Palace.
(d) To jump in the river.
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(b) Her cleverness.
(c) Her Cockney accent.
(d) Her exceptional beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
2. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
3. How is Henry Higgins described?
4. What is the Flower Girl selling?
5. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)