|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
(a) He sometimes has tantrums when things go wrong.
(b) He is willing to be malicious and cruel in order to get ahead.
(c) He can be a bully.
(d) He is careless about other people's feelings.
2. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
(a) A professor at Oxford who, like Higgins, had a fiery temper.
(b) A portrait painter who, like Higgins, loved phonetics.
(c) An expert in shorthand who, like Higgins, lived in England.
(d) A phonetician who, like Higgins, greatly admired Milton.
3. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
(b) Keep it for Liza.
(c) Save it and use it wisely.
(d) Buy something for his wife.
4. What does Sweet send Shaw?
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She is really a prostitute.
(b) She lives in a slum.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
2. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
3. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
4. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
5. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)