|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Henry Higgins described?
(a) He is young and handsome, but sloppy in his dress.
(b) He is about forty years old, strong and energetic.
(c) He is elderly and distinguished, with the appearance of a scholar.
(d) He is thin and feeble, but has a strong scientific mind.
2. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He is an ill-natured man.
(b) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
(c) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(d) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
3. What is Higgins the author of?
(a) Famous books about Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) The play that everyone has seen that evening.
(c) Spoken Sanscrit.
(d) Higgins's Universal Alphabet.
4. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
(a) He doesn't like it because it is not phonetic.
(b) He never knows of it because he dies before it is invented.
(c) He thinks it is brilliant and uses it as a model.
(d) He despises it.
5. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
(a) To meet monarchs such as the Queen of Spain.
(b) To play the Queen of Spain onstage.
(c) To become teachers.
(d) To win love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
2. Who is Henry Sweet?
3. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
4. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)