|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
(b) It is written in a cryptic code.
(c) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
(d) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
2. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
(a) Early dictaphones.
(b) Successful business organizations.
(c) Popular systems of shorthand.
(d) Phonetic alphabets.
3. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(b) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
(c) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(d) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
4. What does Liza want to do after her bath?
(a) Go out and show off her new clothes.
(b) Have a serious talk with her father.
(c) Change back into her old clothes since she feels uncomfortable this way.
(d) Start her lessons immediately.
5. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(b) Liza has no underwear.
(c) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
(d) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
2. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
3. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
4. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
5. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)