|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
(a) That he can seduce Liza and make her fall in love with him in three months.
(b) That Liza will marry the Duke and become a Duchess.
(c) That he can teach Liza to speak perfect English in three weeks.
(d) That he can pass Liza off as a lady at the ambassador's garden party.
2. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
(a) It can be used as a kind of secret code or cryptogram.
(b) It can be used on postcards, where there is limited space to write.
(c) Everyone is familiar with it, as it is widely taught in secretarial schools.
(d) It can express every sound in the language perfectly.
3. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
(a) Liza's clothing is torn and dirty.
(b) Liza never wears pajamas; she sleeps in her underwear.
(c) Liza has only one change of clothing to her name.
(d) Liza has no underwear.
4. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
5. How does Higgins make his money?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He is a professor at Oxford.
(c) He teaches people to speak with a proper accent.
(d) He writes plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
2. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
3. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
4. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)