|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be increased to the size of the Russian alphabet.
(b) It should be simplified to include only the most essential letters.
(c) It should be completely modified to conform with classical Greek letters.
(d) It should be the same as the Spanish alphabet.
3. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A flower in the mud.
(b) The Queen of Sheba.
(c) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
(d) A diamond in the rough.
4. What does Sweet send Shaw?
5. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
(a) That Liza will marry the Duke and become a Duchess.
(b) That he can seduce Liza and make her fall in love with him in three months.
(c) That he can pass Liza off as a lady at the ambassador's garden party.
(d) That he can teach Liza to speak perfect English in three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins say about women?
2. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
3. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
4. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
5. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)