|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(b) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
(c) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
(d) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
2. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their secret desires and dreams.
(c) Where they are from.
(d) What their job is.
3. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
(a) A handkerchief to wipe her nose with.
(b) A whack on the bum with a broomstick.
(c) A shilling for the taxi.
(d) A meal.
4. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
(b) Filthy tramp.
(c) Idle-headed fool.
(d) Foul-mouthed imp.
5. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Liza Doolittle.
(c) Mrs. Pearce.
(d) Nobody; Higgins is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
4. What happened to Liza's parents?
5. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)