|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet does Higgins make with Pickering?
(a) That he can pass Liza off as a lady at the ambassador's garden party.
(b) That Liza will marry the Duke and become a Duchess.
(c) That he can seduce Liza and make her fall in love with him in three months.
(d) That he can teach Liza to speak perfect English in three weeks.
2. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
3. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(b) He won't give her any money.
(c) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
(d) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
4. At which university does Sweet teach?
(b) The Imperial Institute in London.
5. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English can't speak their own language properly.
(b) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(c) The English are poor spellers.
(d) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
2. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
3. What is Liza's father's profession?
4. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)