|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(b) She is really a prostitute.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She lives in a slum.
2. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
(b) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(c) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
(d) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
3. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
(a) A phonetics expert.
(b) A playwright.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) An expert in Italian dialects.
4. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
(a) In the 1870s.
(b) Around 1890.
(c) Around 1910.
(d) In the 1850s.
5. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
(a) He scorns everyone who did not agree with him about the importance of phonetics.
(b) He is an ill-natured man.
(c) Nobody agrees with him that phonetics are important.
(d) He angera many people by publishing a libelous article.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
2. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
3. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
4. What does an upside-down e represent?
5. What is the Flower Girl selling?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)