|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say about women?
(a) He thinks men are superior to women and should tell them what to do.
(b) He thinks all women are silly creatures, like animals.
(c) He has a hard time controlling himself around beautiful women.
(d) He's happier without them and is a confirmed bachelor.
2. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
(a) A shilling for the taxi.
(b) A handkerchief to wipe her nose with.
(c) A meal.
(d) A whack on the bum with a broomstick.
3. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
(a) Around 1910.
(b) Around 1890.
(c) In the 1850s.
(d) In the 1870s.
4. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(b) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(c) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(d) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
5. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to say her alphabet properly.
(c) How to hold a cup of tea.
(d) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Higgins make his money?
2. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
3. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
4. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
5. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)