|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their secret desires and dreams.
(c) Where they are from.
(d) What their job is.
2. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
(a) The vowels.
(b) The consonants.
(c) The consonants and some vowels.
(d) The vowels and some consonants.
3. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(b) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(c) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(d) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
4. What does Higgins say when he finds that Liza is not married?
(a) Nobody would want to marry the likes of her.
(b) Men will soon be dying for her.
(c) He will marry her himself.
(d) She will marry a duke.
5. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
(b) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
(c) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
(d) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
2. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
3. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
4. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
5. What is Liza's father's profession?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)