|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liza's father's profession?
(a) Taxicab driver.
(d) Trash collector.
2. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
(a) Early dictaphones.
(b) Phonetic alphabets.
(c) Successful business organizations.
(d) Popular systems of shorthand.
3. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
(b) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
(c) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(d) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
4. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
(a) It makes her sound uneducated, but it is quaint and cute.
(b) He thinks she has a natural poetic gift.
(c) It is disgusting and depressing, and an insult to the English language.
(d) He is offended by the curse words she uses, saying it is improper for a lady.
5. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(b) A birdcage.
(c) A picture of her deceased mother.
(d) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
3. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
4. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
5. On what basis do some English people despise others?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)