|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
(b) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
(c) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
(d) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
3. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
(b) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
(c) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
(d) The editor of a monthly review.
4. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Tickets to the theater.
(b) A taxicab.
(c) Someone to love.
(d) Flowers for his mother.
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her Cockney accent.
(b) Her cleverness.
(c) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(d) Her exceptional beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
4. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
5. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)