|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be completely modified to conform with classical Greek letters.
(b) It should be increased to the size of the Russian alphabet.
(c) It should be the same as the Spanish alphabet.
(d) It should be simplified to include only the most essential letters.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
(a) She is very clean and neat.
(b) She has bad teeth.
(c) She is wearing a black sailor hat.
(d) Her hair needs to be brushed.
3. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
(a) He has the same horrible accent as Liza.
(b) He seems cruel and conniving.
(c) Despite his poverty, he seems like an honest fellow.
(d) He has a natural talent with language.
4. Who is Henry Sweet?
(a) The editor of a monthly review.
(b) A sweet-tempered professor of language and literature.
(c) A phonetics expert whom Shaw admired.
(d) A high official who popularized the subject of phonetics.
5. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
2. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
3. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
4. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
5. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)