|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
(a) Get him a teaching position.
(b) Involve him in the theater.
(c) Help him get an article published.
(d) Dedicate the play Pygmalion to him.
2. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
(a) Her father, if he finds out where she is.
(b) The draft from the window.
(c) A bath.
(d) The electric lights.
3. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
(a) It is extremely successful on stage, and he hopes to make a movie of it.
(b) It is extremely successful in America, but not in Europe.
(c) It is extremely successful in Europe, and he hopes to make it so in America.
(d) It is extremely successful on stage and screen all over North America and Europe.
4. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
(a) A playwright who was a rival of Shaw's.
(b) A phonetics expert who invented a phonetic spelling called Visible Speech.
(c) A London patriarch.
(d) The inventor of the telephone.
5. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) She sold all her flowers.
(b) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(c) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(d) Freddy is falling in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
4. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
5. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)