|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their secret desires and dreams.
(b) Their age.
(c) What their job is.
(d) Where they are from.
2. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) How to hold a cup of tea.
(c) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(d) How to say her alphabet properly.
3. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
4. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
(a) It can be used as a kind of secret code or cryptogram.
(b) It can be used on postcards, where there is limited space to write.
(c) It can express every sound in the language perfectly.
(d) Everyone is familiar with it, as it is widely taught in secretarial schools.
5. What is Higgins the author of?
(a) The play that everyone has seen that evening.
(b) Famous books about Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) Higgins's Universal Alphabet.
(d) Spoken Sanscrit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
2. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
3. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
4. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
5. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)