|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Flower Girl?
(a) She has just turned twenty-one.
(b) She is "sweet sixteen."
(c) She is only fourteen or fifteen.
(d) She is about eighteen or twenty.
2. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
(a) She thinks it's too good and clean for the likes of her.
(b) She says it makes her feel like a duchess.
(c) She's amazed by its luxurious furnishings.
(d) She's not used to sleeping in a bed and it seems very strange to her.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
(a) Her hair needs to be brushed.
(b) She is wearing a black sailor hat.
(c) She is very clean and neat.
(d) She has bad teeth.
4. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) How to say her alphabet properly.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
5. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
2. What is Liza's father's profession?
3. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
5. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)