|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A hot and sweltering day.
(b) A dark and rainy night.
(c) Early morning, just before dawn.
(d) A cold, wintry evening.
2. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
(a) Around 1910.
(b) Around 1890.
(c) In the 1870s.
(d) In the 1850s.
3. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Flowers for his mother.
(b) Tickets to the theater.
(c) A taxicab.
(d) Someone to love.
4. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
(a) The consonants and some vowels.
(b) The vowels.
(c) The vowels and some consonants.
(d) The consonants.
5. What does an upside-down e represent?
(a) It is a symbol of the uselessnesss of alphabets.
(b) A vowel of indefinite sound.
(c) An uncommon vowel in English.
(d) It is similar to a question mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
2. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
5. What can Higgins guess about people?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)