|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her exceptional beauty.
(b) Her Cockney accent.
(c) Her cleverness.
(d) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
2. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She lives in a slum.
(b) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She is really a prostitute.
3. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) What their job is.
(b) Their secret desires and dreams.
(c) Their age.
(d) Where they are from.
4. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) Freddy is falling in love with her.
(b) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(c) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(d) She sold all her flowers.
5. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) Dialects spoken in India.
(b) American and British slang.
(c) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
(d) The psychology of poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
2. Which best describes the first scene?
3. On what basis do some English people despise others?
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
5. How does Higgins make his money?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)