|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She is really a prostitute.
(b) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She lives in a slum.
2. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He won't give her any money.
(b) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(c) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(d) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
3. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
(b) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
(c) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
(d) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
4. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
(a) It is knocked to the ground by Higgins.
(b) The police seize it, saying she has no license to sell flowers.
(c) Someone steals it.
(d) It is knocked to the ground by Freddy.
5. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
(b) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(c) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
(d) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
2. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
3. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
4. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
5. How old is the Flower Girl?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)