|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) A birdcage.
(c) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(d) A picture of her deceased mother.
2. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
(b) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
(c) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
(d) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
3. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be increased to the size of the Russian alphabet.
(b) It should be simplified to include only the most essential letters.
(c) It should be completely modified to conform with classical Greek letters.
(d) It should be the same as the Spanish alphabet.
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
(b) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(c) They are shocked by her bad language.
(d) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
5. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Higgins guess about people?
2. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
3. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
4. At which university does Sweet teach?
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)