|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be simplified to include only the most essential letters.
(b) It should be completely modified to conform with classical Greek letters.
(c) It should be the same as the Spanish alphabet.
(d) It should be increased to the size of the Russian alphabet.
2. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
(a) It is knocked to the ground by Freddy.
(b) It is knocked to the ground by Higgins.
(c) The police seize it, saying she has no license to sell flowers.
(d) Someone steals it.
3. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
(a) A professor of English literatures specializing in Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) An energetic enthusiast who supports language reform.
(c) A low-class person who cannot speak the language properly.
(d) A multilinguist and expert in Latinate languages.
4. On what basis do some English people despise others?
(a) Their socioeconomic class.
(b) Their level of education.
(c) Their accents or dialects of English.
(d) Whether they are foreign or native-born citizens.
5. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
(a) Hiding from the police.
(b) Waiting for a taxicab.
(c) Taking notes.
(d) Spying on Liza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
2. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
3. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
4. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
5. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)