|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) At a train station.
(b) In front of a church.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a theater.
2. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) Current Shorthand.
3. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(b) A birdcage.
(c) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(d) A picture of her deceased mother.
4. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(b) Freddy is falling in love with her.
(c) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(d) She sold all her flowers.
5. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
(a) A phonetics expert who invented a phonetic spelling called Visible Speech.
(b) A playwright who was a rival of Shaw's.
(c) The inventor of the telephone.
(d) A London patriarch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Higgins make his money?
2. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
3. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
4. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
5. What is Higgins the author of?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)