|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Someone to love.
(b) A taxicab.
(c) Tickets to the theater.
(d) Flowers for his mother.
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
(a) Their level of education.
(b) Their accents or dialects of English.
(c) Their socioeconomic class.
(d) Whether they are foreign or native-born citizens.
3. What does Sweet send Shaw?
4. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
(b) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
(c) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(d) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
5. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
(a) The police seize it, saying she has no license to sell flowers.
(b) It is knocked to the ground by Higgins.
(c) It is knocked to the ground by Freddy.
(d) Someone steals it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
2. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
3. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
4. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
5. How does Higgins make his money?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)