|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(b) She has seen him somewhere before.
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) They are secretly lovers.
2. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) The Queen of Sheba.
(d) A flower in the mud.
3. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A birdcage.
(b) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(c) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(d) A picture of her deceased mother.
4. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
(a) Hiding from the police.
(b) Waiting for a taxicab.
(c) Spying on Liza.
(d) Taking notes.
5. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
(a) He can give her a proper education.
(b) He can make her a Duchess.
(c) He can teach her to speak properly.
(d) He can make her rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
3. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
4. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
5. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)