|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A birdcage.
(b) A picture of her deceased mother.
(c) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(d) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
2. What does Sweet send Shaw?
3. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
(a) A playwright who was a rival of Shaw's.
(b) The inventor of the telephone.
(c) A phonetics expert who invented a phonetic spelling called Visible Speech.
(d) A London patriarch.
4. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
(a) He thinks she has a natural poetic gift.
(b) It makes her sound uneducated, but it is quaint and cute.
(c) He is offended by the curse words she uses, saying it is improper for a lady.
(d) It is disgusting and depressing, and an insult to the English language.
5. What is the Flower Girl selling?
Short Answer Questions
1. At which university does Sweet teach?
2. How old is the Flower Girl?
3. Who is Henry Sweet?
4. Which best describes the first scene?
5. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)