|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweet send Shaw?
2. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) The Queen of Sheba.
(d) A flower in the mud.
3. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her exceptional beauty.
(b) Her Cockney accent.
(c) Her cleverness.
(d) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
4. What does an upside-down e represent?
(a) An uncommon vowel in English.
(b) It is similar to a question mark.
(c) It is a symbol of the uselessnesss of alphabets.
(d) A vowel of indefinite sound.
5. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
(a) Around 1890.
(b) Around 1910.
(c) In the 1850s.
(d) In the 1870s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
2. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
3. What is the Flower Girl selling?
4. Which best describes the first scene?
5. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)