|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(a) To jump in the river.
(c) To see Higgins.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
2. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
(a) New York.
3. What does Sweet send Shaw?
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(b) They are shocked by her bad language.
(c) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(d) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
5. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
(a) Great art cannot please everyone; there will always be some wiseacres who cannot appreciate it.
(b) Great art should not seek to teach lessons, but to entertain.
(c) All great art must be didactic; that is, it should teach people something.
(d) Truly great art should not seek to be commercially successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
2. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
3. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
4. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)