|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
(a) He can make her rich.
(b) He can teach her to speak properly.
(c) He can give her a proper education.
(d) He can make her a Duchess.
2. What does Higgins say to Liza after she faces up to him and hurts his feelings in Act 4?
(a) There can never be any feeling between the likes of her and the likes of him.
(b) She has wounded him to the core.
(c) He always loved her, although she never knew it.
(d) Such an insignificant girl as her can never hurt him.
3. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
(a) Teach phonetics at a new school for the poor.
(b) Work hard as a laborer to support Liza.
(c) Go at once to America to work for Ezra Wannafeller.
(d) Give lectures about morality.
4. To Shaw, what is the main advantage of Henry Sweet's "Current Shorthand"?
(a) Everyone is familiar with it, as it is widely taught in secretarial schools.
(b) It can be used as a kind of secret code or cryptogram.
(c) It can express every sound in the language perfectly.
(d) It can be used on postcards, where there is limited space to write.
5. Why is Liza so angry with Higgins after the party?
(a) He won't admit that she does a good job at the party.
(b) He makes her believe she is special, but she's not.
(c) He uses her and doesn't care what will happen to her now.
(d) He leads her on to think that she will marry the duke, but it is all a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
2. What can Higgins guess about people?
3. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
4. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
5. What does Liza do when she looks into the mirror?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)