|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new skill does Liza have?
(a) She speaks perfect French.
(b) She plays the piano beautifully.
(c) She has learned the fine art of conversation.
(d) She cooks delicious meals for Higgins.
2. What does an upside-down e represent?
(a) A vowel of indefinite sound.
(b) It is a symbol of the uselessnesss of alphabets.
(c) An uncommon vowel in English.
(d) It is similar to a question mark.
3. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(c) How to say her alphabet properly.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
4. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
(a) A diamond ring.
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A purse full of coins.
(d) New clothes.
5. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
(a) A portrait painter who, like Higgins, loved phonetics.
(b) An expert in shorthand who, like Higgins, lived in England.
(c) A professor at Oxford who, like Higgins, had a fiery temper.
(d) A phonetician who, like Higgins, greatly admired Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Henry Sweet?
2. What can Higgins guess about people?
3. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
4. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
5. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)