|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Liza's father.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) The police.
2. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Make her into a duchess.
(b) Give her speech lessons.
(c) Return the money he took the night before.
(d) Help her open a flower shop.
3. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(b) He will forget her.
(c) He will kill himself.
(d) He will miss her.
4. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
(a) Involve him in the theater.
(b) Help him get an article published.
(c) Get him a teaching position.
(d) Dedicate the play Pygmalion to him.
5. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
(a) She's no better than she ever was.
(b) She's truly and deeply in love with Freddy.
(c) She's truly and deeply in love with Higgins.
(d) She's every bit as good as Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. How much money does Doolittle demand from Higgins in exchange for his daughter?
4. Why is Liza's father, Doolittle, upset with Higgins?
5. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)