|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza say she doesn't want to be accused of?
2. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(b) She heard the women call him by that name.
(c) They are secretly lovers.
(d) She has seen him somewhere before.
3. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
(a) It is extremely successful on stage, and he hopes to make a movie of it.
(b) It is extremely successful on stage and screen all over North America and Europe.
(c) It is extremely successful in America, but not in Europe.
(d) It is extremely successful in Europe, and he hopes to make it so in America.
4. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) The ring he bought Liza.
(b) His phonetics books.
(c) Liza's treasured hat.
(d) His slippers.
5. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(b) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(c) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(d) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. What happened to Liza's parents?
4. Which best describes the first scene?
5. How does Higgins make his money?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)