|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She is in love with Freddy.
(b) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(c) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(d) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
2. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
3. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Foul-mouthed imp.
(b) Idle-headed fool.
(c) Filthy tramp.
(d) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
4. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(b) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(c) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(d) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
5. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(b) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(c) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
(d) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of his mother?
2. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
3. For whom or what does Pickering say the evening has been a real triumph?
4. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
5. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)