|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say about the experiment with Liza?
(a) It will make him famous if anyone finds out--which they won't.
(b) It is the most significant experiment of his entire career.
(c) He is so nervous about it that he's glad it's finally over.
(d) It is dreadfully boring and he thanks God it's over.
2. What does Sweet send Shaw?
3. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
(a) The weather and people's health.
(b) Hobbies and sports.
(c) Family and friends.
(d) The weather and politics.
4. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) They ride around the city all night.
(b) To see Mrs. Higgins.
(c) To the chapel to get married.
(d) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
5. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
(a) A woman "s'yollin voylets" (selling violets) in the gutter.
(b) A woman shouting for independence.
(c) A woman fetching a man's slippers like a slave.
(d) An ungrateful, snobbish woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
2. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
3. Why is Doolittle dressed up at the end of the play?
4. How old is the Flower Girl?
5. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)