|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
(d) The Embassy.
2. Where do Freddy and Liza go at the end of Act 4?
(a) They ride around the city all night.
(b) To the chapel to get married.
(c) To see Mrs. Higgins.
(d) To Covent Garden, where they see Liza's father.
3. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
(b) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
(c) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(d) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
4. Why is Freddy waiting outside Higgins's house when Liza leaves Higgins?
(a) He watches her window every night.
(b) He wants to congratulate her on her success.
(c) He is hoping she will run away with him.
(d) To ask her to marry him.
5. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(b) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(c) She is in love with Freddy.
(d) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
2. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
3. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
4. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
5. What happened to Liza's parents?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)