|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
(a) She is a tower of strength.
(b) She's a millstone around his neck.
(c) She's an ignorant fool.
(d) She's the loveliest girl he's ever seen.
2. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
(a) A meal.
(b) A shilling for the taxi.
(c) A whack on the bum with a broomstick.
(d) A handkerchief to wipe her nose with.
3. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
(a) Sweet only writes libelous articles against his fellow academics.
(b) Sweet dies before he can see the play.
(c) Sweet has no interest in promoting his ideas to the public.
(d) Sweet looks down on the theater as unacademic.
4. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Get her a flower shop.
(b) Pay for her to go to school.
(c) Adopt her as his daughter.
(d) Marry her.
5. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
(a) Liza's treasured hat.
(b) His slippers.
(c) The ring he bought Liza.
(d) His phonetics books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
2. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
4. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
5. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)