|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Liza's father's profession?
(c) Taxicab driver.
(d) Trash collector.
2. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
(b) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
(c) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
(d) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
3. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
(a) He can be a bully.
(b) He is willing to be malicious and cruel in order to get ahead.
(c) He sometimes has tantrums when things go wrong.
(d) He is careless about other people's feelings.
4. Which best describes Liza's mood when the group first returns home from the party?
(a) Quietly triumphant.
(d) Tired and brooding.
5. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
(a) A phonetician who, like Higgins, greatly admired Milton.
(b) An expert in shorthand who, like Higgins, lived in England.
(c) A portrait painter who, like Higgins, loved phonetics.
(d) A professor at Oxford who, like Higgins, had a fiery temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
2. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
3. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
4. What happened to Liza's parents?
5. What question does Liza have for Higgins after the party is over and they are back at Higgins's home?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)