|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
(a) He despises it.
(b) He thinks it is brilliant and uses it as a model.
(c) He doesn't like it because it is not phonetic.
(d) He never knows of it because he dies before it is invented.
2. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Freddy and Clara.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(d) Higgins and Pickering.
3. What does Liza forget in Act 5?
(a) All of her fathers wrongs to her.
(b) How to speak as she did before.
(c) All of Higgins' wrongdoing to her.
(d) How good it feels to curse.
4. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
(a) Neppomuck might figure out Liza's true background and create a scene.
(b) Liza might tell Neppomuck the truth.
(c) Liza might say curse words and create a scene.
(d) Neppomuck might tell the hosts about Higgins's bet.
5. What does Liza throw at Higgins when they return home after the party?
(a) The ring he bought her.
(b) All her jewelry.
(c) A book about his precious alphabet.
(d) His slippers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
2. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
3. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
4. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
5. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)