|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between a lady and a flower girl?
(a) How she behaves.
(b) How she speaks.
(c) Her moral values.
(d) How she's treated.
2. What does Freddy tell the officer?
(a) To arrest him instead.
(b) They are engaged.
(c) Liza is his sister.
(d) Liza is a lady.
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
(a) It cannot be done in real life.
(b) They must be trained by a phonetics expert.
(c) They should imitate people who speak proper English.
(d) People should not try to get rid of their low-class accents; they should be proud of the way they speak.
4. What insulting term does Higgins use to describe Liza in Act 2?
(a) Foul-mouthed imp.
(b) Draggle-tailed guttersnipe.
(c) Filthy tramp.
(d) Idle-headed fool.
5. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) How to say her alphabet properly.
(c) How to hold a cup of tea.
(d) How to behave like a perfect lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of his mother?
2. What surprises Mrs. Pearce?
3. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
4. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
5. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)