|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins say about women?
(a) He's happier without them and is a confirmed bachelor.
(b) He has a hard time controlling himself around beautiful women.
(c) He thinks men are superior to women and should tell them what to do.
(d) He thinks all women are silly creatures, like animals.
2. How old is the Flower Girl?
(a) She is only fourteen or fifteen.
(b) She has just turned twenty-one.
(c) She is "sweet sixteen."
(d) She is about eighteen or twenty.
3. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
(a) The consonants.
(b) The vowels.
(c) The consonants and some vowels.
(d) The vowels and some consonants.
4. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She heard the women call him by that name.
(b) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(c) She has seen him somewhere before.
(d) They are secretly lovers.
5. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
(a) An energetic enthusiast who supports language reform.
(b) A multilinguist and expert in Latinate languages.
(c) A low-class person who cannot speak the language properly.
(d) A professor of English literatures specializing in Shakespeare and Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
2. What does Higgins throw into the fire?
3. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
4. Who is Neppomuck?
5. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)