|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is American.
(b) She is a European duchess.
(c) She was educated in France.
(d) She is a Hungarian princess.
2. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(b) How to say her alphabet properly.
(c) How to hold a cup of tea.
(d) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
3. What does Higgins offer to do for Liza at the end of the play?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Adopt her as his daughter.
(c) Get her a flower shop.
(d) Pay for her to go to school.
4. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He is a fool.
(c) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
(d) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
5. What does Higgins tempt Liza with just as she is about to leave?
(a) A chocolate.
(b) A purse full of coins.
(c) New clothes.
(d) A diamond ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Liza meets Freddy in the street at the end of Act 4, where does she say she is going?
2. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
3. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
5. What two subjects has Higgins told Liza she must stick to in polite conversation?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)