|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is American.
(b) She is a European duchess.
(c) She was educated in France.
(d) She is a Hungarian princess.
2. What compliment does Higgins pay Liza during their discussion after the party?
(a) She's a great cook.
(b) She's not bad-looking.
(c) She's really rather clever--for a woman.
(d) She is a real lady now.
3. Who is in Higgins's laboratory with Higgins at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Liza Doolittle.
(c) Mrs. Pearce.
(d) Nobody; Higgins is alone.
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(b) The English are poor spellers.
(c) The English can't speak their own language properly.
(d) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
5. Why is Pickering afraid at the party?
(a) The ambassador's wife asks too many questions.
(b) Liza makes a mistake when she says a shocking word.
(c) Neppomuck is on the verge of discovering the truth about Liza.
(d) Liza is playing the part too well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
2. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
4. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
5. Who is Robert Bridges and what does he have in common with Higgins?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)