|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which university does Sweet teach?
(a) The Imperial Institute in London.
2. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
(a) It cannot be done in real life.
(b) People should not try to get rid of their low-class accents; they should be proud of the way they speak.
(c) They must be trained by a phonetics expert.
(d) They should imitate people who speak proper English.
3. What is Higgins the author of?
(a) The play that everyone has seen that evening.
(b) Famous books about Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) Higgins's Universal Alphabet.
(d) Spoken Sanscrit.
4. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
(b) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(c) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
(d) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
5. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
(a) The vowels.
(b) The consonants.
(c) The vowels and some consonants.
(d) The consonants and some vowels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
4. What is the Flower Girl selling?
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)