|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
(a) She is wearing a black sailor hat.
(b) She has bad teeth.
(c) Her hair needs to be brushed.
(d) She is very clean and neat.
2. How old is the Flower Girl?
(a) She is "sweet sixteen."
(b) She has just turned twenty-one.
(c) She is about eighteen or twenty.
(d) She is only fourteen or fifteen.
3. What is the Flower Girl selling?
4. At which university does Sweet teach?
(c) The Imperial Institute in London.
5. How does Higgins make his money?
(a) He teaches people to speak with a proper accent.
(b) He is a professor at Oxford.
(c) He is an inventor.
(d) He writes plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
2. Why does Shaw's attempt to help Sweet fail?
3. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
4. On what basis do some English people despise others?
5. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)