|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweet send Shaw?
2. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An opera singer.
(c) A phonetics expert.
(d) An expert in Italian dialects.
3. What does Higgins say he can do for the Flower Girl (Liza)?
(a) He can make her rich.
(b) He can make her a Duchess.
(c) He can teach her to speak properly.
(d) He can give her a proper education.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
(a) She has bad teeth.
(b) She is wearing a black sailor hat.
(c) Her hair needs to be brushed.
(d) She is very clean and neat.
5. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) Early morning, just before dawn.
(b) A cold, wintry evening.
(c) A hot and sweltering day.
(d) A dark and rainy night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
2. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
3. On what basis do some English people despise others?
4. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
5. What does an upside-down e represent?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)