|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A hot and sweltering day.
(b) A dark and rainy night.
(c) A cold, wintry evening.
(d) Early morning, just before dawn.
2. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
(a) Waiting for a taxicab.
(b) Taking notes.
(c) Spying on Liza.
(d) Hiding from the police.
3. Who is Tito Pagliardini?
(a) A playwright.
(b) An opera singer.
(c) A phonetics expert.
(d) An expert in Italian dialects.
4. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) American and British slang.
(b) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
(c) The psychology of poverty.
(d) Dialects spoken in India.
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(b) She lives in a slum.
(c) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(d) She is really a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
2. How old is the Flower Girl?
3. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
4. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
5. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)