|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
(a) She's never ridden in a taxi before and has no idea how much it costs.
(b) She doesn't have any money and cannot pay for the taxi.
(c) She is really a prostitute.
(d) She lives in a slum.
2. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) She sold all her flowers.
(b) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(c) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(d) Freddy is falling in love with her.
3. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) At a train station.
(b) In a park.
(c) In front of a church.
(d) At a theater.
4. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
5. Which is true of Pygmalion at the time Shaw wrote his Preface?
(a) It is extremely successful on stage, and he hopes to make a movie of it.
(b) It is extremely successful in Europe, and he hopes to make it so in America.
(c) It is extremely successful on stage and screen all over North America and Europe.
(d) It is extremely successful in America, but not in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
2. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
3. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
4. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
5. What is the Flower Girl selling?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)