|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
2. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
(b) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(c) He won't give her any money.
(d) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
3. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
(a) People should not try to get rid of their low-class accents; they should be proud of the way they speak.
(b) They must be trained by a phonetics expert.
(c) It cannot be done in real life.
(d) They should imitate people who speak proper English.
4. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
(a) Around 1890.
(b) Around 1910.
(c) In the 1870s.
(d) In the 1850s.
5. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She has seen him somewhere before.
(b) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) They are secretly lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Flower Girl?
2. What is Higgins the author of?
3. What should happen with the English alphabet, according to Shaw?
4. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
5. How does Higgins make his money?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)