|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
(a) She is wearing a black sailor hat.
(b) Her hair needs to be brushed.
(c) She has bad teeth.
(d) She is very clean and neat.
2. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
(a) The psychology of poverty.
(b) American and British slang.
(c) Dialects spoken in India.
(d) Sociology, or the study of human social behavior.
3. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
(d) New York.
4. What does Sweet send Shaw?
5. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(a) To jump in the river.
(b) To see Higgins.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
2. Which character in Pygmalion is based in part on Henry Sweet?
3. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
4. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
5. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)