|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) Freddy is falling in love with her.
(b) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(c) She sold all her flowers.
(d) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
2. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
3. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(b) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
(c) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
(d) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
4. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She has seen him somewhere before.
(b) They are secretly lovers.
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
5. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
(a) To play the Queen of Spain onstage.
(b) To meet monarchs such as the Queen of Spain.
(c) To win love.
(d) To become teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
2. What is Higgins the author of?
3. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
4. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
5. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)