|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
2. At which university does Sweet teach?
(a) The Imperial Institute in London.
3. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(b) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(c) She sold all her flowers.
(d) Freddy is falling in love with her.
4. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) At a theater.
(b) In a park.
(c) At a train station.
(d) In front of a church.
5. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
(b) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
(c) It is not legible.
(d) It is very difficult to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
2. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
3. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
4. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
5. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)