|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doolittle promise to do with the money?
(a) Save it and use it wisely.
(b) Buy something for his wife.
(c) Spend it all immediately on a drinking spree.
(d) Keep it for Liza.
2. How old is the Flower Girl?
(a) She is about eighteen or twenty.
(b) She is "sweet sixteen."
(c) She has just turned twenty-one.
(d) She is only fourteen or fifteen.
3. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
(b) They are secretly lovers.
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) She has seen him somewhere before.
4. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
(a) To win love.
(b) To become teachers.
(c) To meet monarchs such as the Queen of Spain.
(d) To play the Queen of Spain onstage.
5. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
(b) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(c) He won't give her any money.
(d) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
2. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
3. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
4. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
5. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)