|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
(b) It is not legible.
(c) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
(d) It is very difficult to learn.
2. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
(a) It is knocked to the ground by Higgins.
(b) The police seize it, saying she has no license to sell flowers.
(c) It is knocked to the ground by Freddy.
(d) Someone steals it.
3. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(b) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(c) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(d) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
4. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
5. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A cold, wintry evening.
(b) A dark and rainy night.
(c) Early morning, just before dawn.
(d) A hot and sweltering day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
2. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
3. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
4. What does Liza want to do after her bath?
5. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)