|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
2. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
(a) She can remember all of Higgins's appointments and finds his slippers when he loses them.
(b) She can charm anyone she meets instantly.
(c) She has a perfect ear and can imitate any sound she hears.
(d) She knows exactly what to say in any social situation.
3. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
(a) To become teachers.
(b) To win love.
(c) To play the Queen of Spain onstage.
(d) To meet monarchs such as the Queen of Spain.
4. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
(a) She has seen him somewhere before.
(b) They are secretly lovers.
(c) She heard the women call him by that name.
(d) She doesn't; she calls all young men "Freddy" or "Charlie."
5. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English can't speak their own language properly.
(b) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(c) The English are poor spellers.
(d) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
2. On what basis do some English people despise others?
3. At which university does Sweet teach?
4. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
5. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)