|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alexander Melville Bell?
(a) The inventor of the telephone.
(b) A London patriarch.
(c) A phonetics expert who invented a phonetic spelling called Visible Speech.
(d) A playwright who was a rival of Shaw's.
2. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Silly and snobbish.
(b) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(c) Very controlling of her son.
(d) Elegant and sensible.
3. What does Liza want to do after her bath?
(a) Change back into her old clothes since she feels uncomfortable this way.
(b) Go out and show off her new clothes.
(c) Have a serious talk with her father.
(d) Start her lessons immediately.
4. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
(a) A picture of her deceased mother.
(b) A book of Shakespeare's plays.
(c) A fashionable dress that she has never worn.
(d) A birdcage.
5. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
(b) Current Shorthand.
(d) A typewriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins say about women?
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. What is Liza's father's profession?
4. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
5. What does Higgins think of his mother?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)