|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is the setting of Shaw's play?
(a) New York.
2. What is Liza's father's profession?
(a) Trash collector.
(c) Taxicab driver.
3. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
(b) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(c) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(d) He was never married to her mother.
4. What is one of Shaw's purposes in writing this play?
(a) To make people aware of the social inequalities in England.
(b) To entertain people and make them forget their worries for another day.
(c) To encourage people to value all types of accents in English.
(d) To let people know of the existence of phoneticians and how important they are.
5. What is Higgins the author of?
(a) Spoken Sanscrit.
(b) The play that everyone has seen that evening.
(c) Famous books about Shakespeare and Milton.
(d) Higgins's Universal Alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
3. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
4. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
5. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)