|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
(b) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(c) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
(d) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
2. What does Higgins ask Mrs. Pearce to do with Liza's clothing?
(a) Burn it at once.
(b) Wash it in boiling water to kill the mites.
(c) Sew it so that it doesn't look so raggedy.
(d) Throw it away.
3. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
(a) A shilling for the taxi.
(b) A meal.
(c) A handkerchief to wipe her nose with.
(d) A whack on the bum with a broomstick.
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
(b) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(c) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
(d) They are shocked by her bad language.
5. While talking with the Eynsford Hills at the social visit in Act 3, what does Higgins say all people really are?
(a) Equals under the sight of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
2. What is one example Shaw gives of when people might want to change their accents?
3. What is Liza's father's profession?
4. According to Shaw, what can people do to get rid of their low-class accents?
5. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)