|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Pearce warn Higgins?
(a) She warns him that Liza may be dishonest and should be watched carefully.
(b) She warns him to be polite and not swear around Liza.
(c) She warns him that Liza's father may come for her.
(d) She warns him not to take sexual advantage of Liza.
2. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) Current Shorthand.
3. Why can't Liza read what Higgins writes?
(a) It is written in a cryptic code.
(b) It is written in French, a language she doesn't know.
(c) He uses a phonetic alphabet.
(d) She is uneducated and has never learned how to read.
4. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
(a) She thinks the bathtub is for washing clothes.
(b) She uses the toothbrush to brush her hair.
(c) She thinks the toilet is for washing hands.
(d) She burns herself with the hot water in the bath.
5. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
(b) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(c) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
(d) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
2. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
3. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
4. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)