|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is striking about Neppomuck's appearance?
(a) He is extremely large and burly.
(b) He has very dark, swarthy skin.
(c) He has a very hairy face.
(d) He is exceptionally handsome.
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(b) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(c) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(d) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
3. Why doesn't Sweet's shorthand become popular?
(a) It is very difficult to learn.
(b) He does not have the business organization he needs to popularize it.
(c) It is not legible.
(d) It is not a complete and exact phonetic script.
4. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(b) Liza may have a secret.
(c) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(d) Liza could become a diplomat.
5. What is Liza's father's profession?
(a) Taxicab driver.
(d) Trash collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins say about women?
2. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
3. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
4. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
5. What mistake does Liza make in the bathroom?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)