|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
(a) A professor of English literatures specializing in Shakespeare and Milton.
(b) A low-class person who cannot speak the language properly.
(c) A multilinguist and expert in Latinate languages.
(d) An energetic enthusiast who supports language reform.
2. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
3. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Higgins and Pickering.
(b) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(c) Mrs. Higgins.
(d) Freddy and Clara.
4. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(b) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(c) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(d) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
5. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A flower in the mud.
(b) A diamond in the rough.
(c) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
(d) The Queen of Sheba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins say about women?
2. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
3. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
4. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
5. For how long will Liza stay with Higgins as his pupil?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)