|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
(a) Help him get an article published.
(b) Get him a teaching position.
(c) Involve him in the theater.
(d) Dedicate the play Pygmalion to him.
2. Why is Clara annoyed with her mother?
(a) She acts superior to the Flower Girl.
(b) She doesn't give the Flower Girl any money.
(c) She won't buy any flowers for Clara.
(d) She gives the Flower Girl too much money.
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill's parlor.
(b) The Embassy.
(c) Mrs. Higgins's drawing room.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
4. Who is Neppomuck?
(a) The ambassador from Hungary.
(b) A former student of Higgins.
(c) A Hungarian prince.
(d) A major rival of Higgins.
5. Which of the following describes Liza's home?
(a) She sleeps in a suburban kitchen with a fireplace.
(b) She is homeless and sleeps in an alley.
(c) A dirty shack she shares with her whole family.
(d) A small, shabby room in an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which university does Sweet teach?
2. What does Higgins give Liza in Act 2 when she begins to cry?
3. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
4. Why doesHenry Sweet not become more prominent?
5. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)