|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweet send Shaw?
2. What does Liza think about the party?
(a) She is delighted that she is causing such a sensation.
(b) She thinks she can never fit in with all these people.
(c) She is dazzled by all the glamour and glitz and never wants it to end.
(d) She agrees with Higgins that high society parties are dreadfully boring.
3. What should happen with the spelling of the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It should be made as phonetic as Spanish.
(b) It should be simplified to get rid of silent letters.
(c) It should be emphasized more in school so that everyone can learn to spell correctly.
(d) Standardized spelling should disregarded as unnecessary; people should simply sound out words and apply the approximate phonetic spelling.
4. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
5. What type of person does Shaw indicate is the hero of Pygmalion?
(a) An energetic enthusiast who supports language reform.
(b) A professor of English literatures specializing in Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) A multilinguist and expert in Latinate languages.
(d) A low-class person who cannot speak the language properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
2. When does Shaw first become interested in the subject of phonetics?
3. Who is Henry Sweet?
4. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
5. How does the Flower Girl know Freddy's name?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)