|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. Based on what you read in the Preface, with which of the following statements do you think Shaw would agree?
(a) All great art must be didactic; that is, it should teach people something.
(b) Truly great art should not seek to be commercially successful.
(c) Great art should not seek to teach lessons, but to entertain.
(d) Great art cannot please everyone; there will always be some wiseacres who cannot appreciate it.
3. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(b) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
(c) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(d) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
4. How does Higgins make his money?
(a) He is an inventor.
(b) He writes plays.
(c) He teaches people to speak with a proper accent.
(d) He is a professor at Oxford.
5. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. What does Shaw try to do for Sweet?
3. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
4. What does Sweet think of the Pitman system?
5. Which system does Shaw use to write his Preface?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)