|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
(b) To see Higgins.
(c) To jump in the river.
(d) Buckingham Palace.
2. What do Pickering and Higgins say makes Liza a "genius"?
(a) She can remember all of Higgins's appointments and finds his slippers when he loses them.
(b) She knows exactly what to say in any social situation.
(c) She has a perfect ear and can imitate any sound she hears.
(d) She can charm anyone she meets instantly.
3. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She is in love with Freddy.
(b) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(c) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(d) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
4. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) In a park.
(b) In front of a church.
(c) At a theater.
(d) At a train station.
5. At the end of Act 2, Higgins is shown teaching Liza a lesson. What specifically does Higgins teach Liza?
(a) How to say her alphabet properly.
(b) How to read the works of Shakespeare and Milton.
(c) How to behave like a perfect lady.
(d) How to hold a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which elements of the English alphabet have no agreed speech value?
2. Which of the following best describes Higgins's profession?
3. What is NOT one of Henry Higgins's faults?
4. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
5. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)