|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a theater.
(c) At a train station.
(d) In front of a church.
2. What can Higgins guess about people?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their secret desires and dreams.
(c) Where they are from.
(d) What their job is.
3. When Liza comes to see Higgins in Act 2, what does she ask him to do?
(a) Return the money he took the night before.
(b) Make her into a duchess.
(c) Give her speech lessons.
(d) Help her open a flower shop.
4. What is a problem with the English language, according to Shaw?
(a) It doesn't have a beautiful sound when spoken.
(b) It is not spelled the way it should be pronounced.
(c) It is difficult for foreigners to learn well.
(d) It is a vulgar language when compared to Latinate languages such as French.
5. Which comment does Shaw make about the realism in his play?
(a) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is very possible in real life.
(b) A transformation like the one made by the heroine is obviously not possible in real life.
(c) Realism is the only style that can be respected in the theater.
(d) Realism is not to be found in the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
2. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What are the Pitman and Gregg systems?
4. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
5. What is Liza afraid will kill her?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)