|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He is very clever, perhaps too clever.
(c) He is a perfect companion for Liza.
(d) He is a fool.
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) She is in love with Colonel Pickering.
(b) Her aunt caught diphtheria and died a horrible death.
(c) She believes her aunt was murdered over a hat.
(d) She is in love with Freddy.
3. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
(b) She sold all her flowers.
(c) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(d) Freddy is falling in love with her.
4. Which of the following does Shaw identify as a problem among his fellow English?
(a) The English do not bother to learn other European languages.
(b) The English are poor spellers.
(c) The English are snobs who look down on people who can't speak English.
(d) The English can't speak their own language properly.
5. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
(a) A diamond in the rough.
(b) A flower in the mud.
(c) The Queen of Sheba.
(d) A squashed cabbage-leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
2. How does Liza feel about the bedroom she'll be staying in?
3. What skill does Neppomuck have?
4. What does Higgins notice about Liza's father, Doolittle?
5. What does Higgins say about women?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)