|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(b) He won't give her any money.
(c) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(d) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
2. What does Neppomuck think must be Liza's true background?
(a) She is American.
(b) She is a European duchess.
(c) She was educated in France.
(d) She is a Hungarian princess.
3. What shocking fact does Liza reveal about her father while talking with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) He was never married to her mother.
(b) He has a chronic drinking problem, but it doesn't bother Liza at all.
(c) He may have murdered her aunt, but she deserved it.
(d) He used to beat Liza, but she says she deserved it.
4. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
(a) She sold all her flowers.
(b) Freddy is falling in love with her.
(c) Higgins gives her a pocketful of change.
(d) Higgins promises to give her lessons.
5. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(d) True love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the taxicab driver realize about Liza that humiliates her?
2. What does Liza realize at the end of Act 5?
3. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
4. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
5. What do Higgins and Pickering fear might happen at the end of Act 3 to spoil their bet?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)