|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the ambassador's wife think of Liza?
(a) Liza looks strangely familiar.
(b) Liza may have a secret.
(c) Liza is a sensation, and must have royal blood.
(d) Liza could become a diplomat.
2. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
(a) He thinks she has a natural poetic gift.
(b) It is disgusting and depressing, and an insult to the English language.
(c) It makes her sound uneducated, but it is quaint and cute.
(d) He is offended by the curse words she uses, saying it is improper for a lady.
3. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A hot and sweltering day.
(b) A dark and rainy night.
(c) A cold, wintry evening.
(d) Early morning, just before dawn.
4. What is Mrs. Higgins concerned about after meeting Liza at the social visit in Act 3?
(a) What will happen to Liza when the experiment is over.
(b) Whether Liza will be able to pass as a lady.
(c) How many people Liza will offend with her shocking talk.
(d) Whether her son will fall in love with Liza.
5. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
(a) He knocks over her basket of flowers.
(b) He won't give her any money.
(c) She thinks he's spying on her for the police.
(d) He makes fun of her accent in front of everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
2. What does Higgins think of Liza at the end of Act 5?
3. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
4. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
5. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)