|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
(a) Freddy and Clara.
(b) Mrs. Higgins.
(c) Higgins and Pickering.
(d) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
2. Which best describes the first scene?
(a) A cold, wintry evening.
(b) A dark and rainy night.
(c) A hot and sweltering day.
(d) Early morning, just before dawn.
3. How is Mrs. Higgins portrayed?
(a) Adoring of her son, her only child.
(b) Elegant and sensible.
(c) Very controlling of her son.
(d) Silly and snobbish.
4. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
(a) He is offended by the curse words she uses, saying it is improper for a lady.
(b) It is disgusting and depressing, and an insult to the English language.
(c) He thinks she has a natural poetic gift.
(d) It makes her sound uneducated, but it is quaint and cute.
5. Who says, "I havnt any small talk. If people would only be frank and say what they really think!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. In the last part of Act 3, Higgins and Pickering take Liza for her final test. Where does this "test" take place?
4. What does the Flower Girl call the Gentleman?
5. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)