|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
(a) He is snobbish and rude.
(b) He is young and dashing.
(c) He is dressed in a uniform.
(d) He is an elderly, military type.
2. What does Liza want from Higgins at the end of the play?
(b) True love.
3. What does Higgins think of the way the Flower Girl speaks?
(a) It makes her sound uneducated, but it is quaint and cute.
(b) It is disgusting and depressing, and an insult to the English language.
(c) He thinks she has a natural poetic gift.
(d) He is offended by the curse words she uses, saying it is improper for a lady.
4. What does Higgins say he will do if Liza doesn't come back?
(a) He will forget her.
(b) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(c) He will miss her.
(d) He will kill himself.
5. What skill does Neppomuck have?
(a) He is an interpreter who knows 32 languages.
(b) He is a psychic capable of reading the secret thoughts of people.
(c) He can do magic tricks and sleight of hand.
(d) He is a clever international spy who can read people's body language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
2. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
3. To what does Higgins compare Liza?
4. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
5. What makes Liza happy at the end of the evening?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)