|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Flower Girl selling?
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(b) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(c) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
(d) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
3. What does Higgins think is a disgusting sight?
(a) A woman fetching a man's slippers like a slave.
(b) A woman shouting for independence.
(c) An ungrateful, snobbish woman.
(d) A woman "s'yollin voylets" (selling violets) in the gutter.
4. Where is Liza at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) With Freddy.
(b) Back in Covent Garden, wandering in the vegetable market.
(c) With her father.
(d) With Mrs. Higgins.
5. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
(b) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(c) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(d) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gentleman (Pickering) study?
2. What is the strange man (Higgins) doing behind the pillar?
3. Who says, "The secret is not having good manners or bad manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls."
4. Which of the following describes the Gentleman (later identified as Pickering)?
5. What does Higgins think of Neppomuck?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)