|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 5, Doolittle's life has changed. What must he now do?
(a) Teach phonetics at a new school for the poor.
(b) Work hard as a laborer to support Liza.
(c) Give lectures about morality.
(d) Go at once to America to work for Ezra Wannafeller.
2. What is the Flower Girl selling?
3. What is Freddy looking for at the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Tickets to the theater.
(b) Flowers for his mother.
(c) A taxicab.
(d) Someone to love.
4. Which of the following first interests Higgins about Liza?
(a) Her cleverness.
(b) Her ability to survive on the tough urban streets.
(c) Her Cockney accent.
(d) Her exceptional beauty.
5. What does Higgins think of his mother?
(a) He puts up with her because he loves her so much.
(b) He adores her and finds her the model of all lovable women.
(c) He is annoyed by her nagging.
(d) He thinks she is like all other women, a silly fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Liza tell her listeners at the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
2. Which of the following is among Liza's treasured possessions?
3. In Act 5, Doolittle reveals that he is miserable because certain people are hounding him. Who are these people, and why are they after Doolitttle?
4. Where does Liza tell Freddy she is going at the end of Act 1?
5. What happens to the Flower Girl's basket?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)