|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main reason Higgins brings Liza to the social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) To allow his mother to meet her.
(b) To see if people really believe that she is a duchess.
(c) To announce their upcoming engagement.
(d) To give her practice in polite conversation.
2. What does Mrs. Higgins think when her son shows up for a social visit at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) She is delighted to see him and she always begs him to socialize more.
(b) She wants to introduce him to some young ladies eligible for marriage.
(c) She wants him to leave because he offends all her friends.
(d) She is delighted and she brags to all her friends about him.
3. Where is Act 1 of the play set?
(a) In a park.
(b) At a theater.
(c) In front of a church.
(d) At a train station.
4. How do the bystanders treat Liza when she becomes upset?
(a) They are shocked by her bad language.
(b) They are sympathetic to her and defend her.
(c) They completely ignore her as if she is invisible.
(d) They tell her to get lost because she is a worthless flower girl.
5. Whom do Higgins and Pickering go see when they discover Liza is missing?
(a) Mrs. Eynsford Hill.
(b) The police.
(c) Liza's father.
(d) Mrs. Higgins.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Higgins, what is Freddy?
2. Why does Liza become upset with Higgins?
3. Who is delighted with Liza's "small talk" during the social visit with the Eynsford Hills in Act 3?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the Flower Girl's appearance?
5. What does Higgins think of his mother?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)