|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims ownership of the pea shooters after the Pea Tack Squad finds them?
2. How much warning does Maxie Hammerman have that the Pea Tack Squad are going to raid his shop in search of pea pins?
3. Who breaks Maxie Hammerman's radio?
4. Where is Ms. Portlett taking shorthand classes?
5. What does Maxie Hammerman buy for General Anna on the day of the Peace March?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the annual festival named for the Battle at Beecker Street and why?
2. What is Maxie's theory of war with regard to money?
3. What does Frank know about the pushcart war and how does he know these details?
4. What happens to Morris the Florist during the march?
5. Why does Maxie Hammerman say he won't give the shorthand notes on the meeting of The Three to the newspaper?
6. What is the Flower Formula and what does Professor Cumberly say could be done with that formula?
7. What is the attitude of Mayor Emmet P. Cudd to the many letters to the editor being printed in the newspapers?
8. What does Maxie Hammerman tell the pushcart vendors they must do now, and what is the significance of that order to Mr. Jerusalem?
9. What is Mack's reaction to being locked up so close to Frank the Flower?
10. List two ways the movie of the pushcart war differed from the actual events.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What prompts the war and what keeps it going? Did either side have options other than the actions they took? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What are the major points of the Truck Driver's Manifesto? What are the main points of the compromise that comes from the Peace Conference? Compare the Truck Driver's Manifesto to the document that comes out of the Peace Conference.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Buddy Wisser? What is his role in the pushcart war? Was his role vital to the outcome of the war? What might have happened if Wisser hadn't been in the right place at the right time?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)