|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Police Commissioner go to Mack's cell?
2. What role does General Anna say she wants to play in the plan proposed by Mr. Jerusalem?
3. What does the second grade class of Public School 42 say they'll miss if the pushcarts aren't allowed to operate?
4. Where is Ms. Portlett taking shorthand classes?
5. Where do the pushcart vendors meet to discuss the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the notes come to the attention of the pushcart vendors?
2. Describe the meeting between the truck drivers and the pushcart vendors led by Harry Hot Dog and Mr. Jerusalem.
3. What is the Flower Formula and what does Professor Cumberly say could be done with that formula?
4. What does the Police Commissioner say is wrong with following the demands of the truckers?
5. List at least four of the conditions of the peace treaty.
6. List the main points of the Mayor's address regarding the peace march.
7. What does Maxie Hammerman say when the Police Commissioner asks why Maxie is called the Pushcart King?
8. What is Maxie's theory of war with regard to money?
9. What is the attitude of Mayor Emmet P. Cudd to the many letters to the editor being printed in the newspapers?
10. What is Frank the Flower's confession after the raid on Maxie's and why does the Police Commissioner want to believe it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Miriam Portlette and how does she become involved in the situation? What is the document she produces? What are the contents of that document.?
Essay Topic 2
There's a theory that if fewer trucks were on the street, the remaining trucks could make their deliveries in less time. Is this a viable answer to the congestion problem? Support your answer with examples other than traffic.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Wenda Gambling? What is her role in the story? What might have been different if she hadn't been part of the story?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)