|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mack believe to be the explanation behind the flats?
(a) There was bad rubber.
(b) Aliens caused it.
(c) The pushcart vendors caused it.
(d) The other trucking companies caused it.
2. Who is ordered to search incoming trucks for shipments of peas?
(a) The pushcart vendors.
(b) The truck drivers.
(c) The store owners.
(d) The police.
3. Who is the world's largest producer of tacks?
(a) The puchcart vendors.
4. What does the newspaper advertisement say about the hat?
(a) That they're soon going to be sold out.
(b) That Wenda Gambling is wearing them.
(c) That it's a traffic stopper.
(d) That there is a limited supply.
5. What does the mayor and city council eventually decide as a way of trying to stop the pea shooters?
(a) Tax tacks for anyone under 21.
(b) Tax tacks for crackpots.
(c) Tax tacks for everyone.
(d) Tax tacks for anyone over ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayor initially propose to do to stop the pea shooters?
2. How long does Old Anna say she has been selling her apples and pears?
3. What is written on Eddie Moroney's pushcart?
4. How many sections of the city report flats once they begin occurring again?
5. Who are the last motorists to become frightened of the trucks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the pea blockade and who starts it?
2. Who is it that people believe to be the source of the traffic problem?
3. What is Mayor Emmett P. Cudd's interest in the trucking companies?
4. What is the condition of Posey's plant after the Pea Tack Squad comes in?
5. What is the attitude of the pushcart vendors with regard to the children taking up their war against the trucks?
6. There is a free newspaper that reports that pushcarts are "unsanitary." What other things has this same reporter called unsanitary and why does he make these statements.
7. Big Moe talks about the fear that the women will become involved in the situation. Why does Big Moe believe women will become involved and what does he say will be the outcome if they do?
8. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
9. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
10. What does the Pea Tack Squad tell the packaging companies to convince them that they should shut down?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)