|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the spotters who ride on the hoods of some trucks?
(a) They are watching for other trucks.
(b) They are watching for pea pins falling from the sky.
(c) They are watching for pushcart vendors.
(d) They are watching for pea pins in the guttters.
2. How do truck drivers get their perishable goods delivered if they have a flat?
(a) They hire other trucking companies.
(b) They hire school children.
(c) They hire pushcarts.
(d) They carry it themselves.
3. Which of the following is not a member of "The Three?"
(a) Walter Sweet.
(b) Joe Lilly.
(c) Moe Mammoth.
(d) Louie Livergreen.
4. What is it that makes the Police Commissioner think Frank is a crackpot?
(a) His pushcart.
(b) His pea shooter.
(c) His name.
(d) His hat.
5. What does the mayor and city council eventually decide as a way of trying to stop the pea shooters?
(a) Tax tacks for anyone under 21.
(b) Tax tacks for everyone.
(c) Tax tacks for crackpots.
(d) Tax tacks for anyone over ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Posey usually have his peas delivered?
2. What happened to the enlargement of Marvin Seely's picture of the first incident of the pushcart war?
3. What is written on Eddie Moroney's pushcart?
4. When the policeman asks Frank about the pea shooter, what is Frankie's explanation?
5. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Big Moe's argument that Frank the Flower can't be responsible for all the flats?
2. During the secret meeting of "The Three" big trucking companies, a man named Joey Kafflis makes a comment about the pushcarts. What is Joey's position on the pushcarts?
3. There is a free newspaper that reports that pushcarts are "unsanitary." What other things has this same reporter called unsanitary and why does he make these statements.
4. What is the pea blockade and who starts it?
5. Give a basic overview of the "peanut butter speech."
6. How does Mr. Jerusalem become involved in the war?
7. What is Mayor Emmett P. Cudd's interest in the trucking companies?
8. What does the Pea Tack Squad tell the packaging companies to convince them that they should shut down?
9. How and why does Frank the Flower take the blame for all the flat tires?
10. Describe the incident that begins the pushcart war.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)