|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the enlargement of Marvin Seely's picture of the first incident of the pushcart war?
(a) It's in Buddy Wiser's office.
(b) It was destroyed.
(c) It's in the Museum of the City of New York.
(d) It was used in court.
2. Who is the world's largest producer of tacks?
(c) The puchcart vendors.
3. Where had Wenda Gambling requested that the one ton of peas be delivered?
(a) Maxie Hammerman's shop.
(b) Wenda Gamblin's pea farm.
(c) Wenda Gamblin's apartment.
(d) Wenda Gambling's studio.
4. What is Big Moe's first explanation for the number of flats?
(a) That the tires he bought were rotten.
(b) That the pushcart vendors are behind it.
(c) That the aliens are behind it.
(d) That the other trucking companies are behind it.
5. Who turns Frank the Flower in for shooting tires?
(a) A spotter for a trucking company.
(b) Maxie Hammerman.
(c) The arresting officer.
(d) The Police Commissioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the idea to take up a collection to buy Morris a new pushcart?
2. Where do the pushcart vendors hide their ammunition following Frank's arrest?
3. How many flats does Maxie say General Anna has caused?
4. Why doesn't Morris the Florist ever go above Twenty-third Street?
5. What is on the truck that's involved in the first incident of the pushcart war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Big Moe talks about the fear that the women will become involved in the situation. Why does Big Moe believe women will become involved and what does he say will be the outcome if they do?
2. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
3. Who shot a woman with a pea pin and why?
4. Give a basic overview of the "peanut butter speech."
5. What is the tactic being used by General Anna to cause flats and why?
6. What is the attitude of people who find the trucks off the streets?
7. What is the attitude of the pushcart vendors toward the tacks tax?
8. How does Old Anna come to be known as General Anna?
9. What is Big Moe's argument that Frank the Flower can't be responsible for all the flats?
10. What do the terms "Don't be a truck" and "You're a crackpot" come to mean after the arrest of Frank the Flower?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)