|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do taxi drivers say is to blame for the heavy traffic in New York?
(a) The people who drive their private cars.
(b) The other taxis.
(c) The people who walk.
(d) The pushcarts.
2. Why does Wenda Gambling say there is a traffic problem in New York?
(a) There are too many immovable objects.
(b) There are too many big trucks.
(c) There are too many taxis.
(d) There are too many pedestrians.
3. How long does Old Anna say she has been selling her apples and pears?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Forty-five years.
4. On what date does the Mayor order the Pea Blockade?
(a) May 22.
(b) May 17.
(c) May 11.
(d) May 4.
5. What is the name of Professor Lyman Cumberly's explanation for the attitude of the truck drivers of New York City?
(a) The Large Object Theory of History.
(b) The Big Truck Theory of Relativity.
(c) The Mammoth Movers Theory of Traffic.
(d) The Huge Item Theory of Ancient Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the famous "peanut butter speech?"
2. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
3. Where had Wenda Gambling requested that the one ton of peas be delivered?
4. What does the color gold signify on Maxie's man of the battle?
5. What is the Pea Tack Squad looking at when they discover Wenda Gambling's order for peas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Big Moe's argument that Frank the Flower can't be responsible for all the flats?
2. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
3. What is the attitude of people who find the trucks off the streets?
4. How does Mr. Jerusalem become involved in the war?
5. What is the purpose of the map on the wall at Maxie Hammerman's?
6. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
7. During the secret meeting of "The Three" big trucking companies, a man named Joey Kafflis makes a comment about the pushcarts. What is Joey's position on the pushcarts?
8. What is the condition of Posey's plant after the Pea Tack Squad comes in?
9. What is the attitude of the truckers who are doing business in New York during the weeks prior to the pushcart war?
10. Big Moe talks about the fear that the women will become involved in the situation. Why does Big Moe believe women will become involved and what does he say will be the outcome if they do?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)