|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do truck drivers get their perishable goods delivered if they have a flat?
(a) They hire school children.
(b) They hire pushcarts.
(c) They hire other trucking companies.
(d) They carry it themselves.
2. Who questions Frank the Flower once he's at the police station?
(a) The arresting officer.
(b) The Police Commissioner.
(c) A spotter for the trucking company.
(d) Maxie Hammanman.
3. What happens after the lady driver tells the cab driver "Well done" for hitting her car?
(a) He pays for her repairs.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He tows her for repairs.
(d) All the above.
4. What is Big Moe's first explanation for the number of flats?
(a) That the pushcart vendors are behind it.
(b) That the tires he bought were rotten.
(c) That the other trucking companies are behind it.
(d) That the aliens are behind it.
5. What does the newspaper advertisement say about the hat?
(a) That there is a limited supply.
(b) That Wenda Gambling is wearing them.
(c) That they're soon going to be sold out.
(d) That it's a traffic stopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mack believe to be the explanation behind the flats?
2. Which of the following is not a member of "The Three?"
3. Who is it that gives away boxes of tacks to his customers?
4. What happened to the enlargement of Marvin Seely's picture of the first incident of the pushcart war?
5. What does Old Anna say the real menace is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carlos come up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
2. Big Moe talks about the fear that the women will become involved in the situation. Why does Big Moe believe women will become involved and what does he say will be the outcome if they do?
3. What is another name for the first incident of the pushcart war and why?
4. What is the attitude of people who find the trucks off the streets?
5. Who shot a woman with a pea pin and why?
6. There is a free newspaper that reports that pushcarts are "unsanitary." What other things has this same reporter called unsanitary and why does he make these statements.
7. What do the other pushcart vendors decide to do after Frank the Flower is arrested?
8. What is the reaction of people who see a truck with a flat?
9. Describe the incident that begins the pushcart war.
10. What happens to Wenda Gambling?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)