|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the last motorists to become frightened of the trucks?
(a) The pushcart vendors.
(b) The movie stars.
(c) The taxi drivers.
(d) The pedestrians.
2. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
(a) Harry the Hot Dog.
(b) Frank the Flower.
(c) General Anna.
(d) Mr. Jerusalem.
3. What does the mayor initially propose to do to stop the pea shooters?
(a) Tax tacks for anyone under 21.
(b) Tax tacks for pushcart vendors.
(c) Tax tacks for crackpots.
(d) Tax tacks for anyone over ten.
4. Which of the following is not a member of "The Three?"
(a) Moe Mammoth.
(b) Walter Sweet.
(c) Joe Lilly.
(d) Louie Livergreen.
5. What name is given to the clubs that begin shooting tires?
(a) Frank the Flower Clubs.
(b) Tire Shooter Clubs.
(c) Pea Pin Clubs.
(d) Pea Shooter Clubs.
6. What does the newspaper advertisement say about the hat?
(a) That Wenda Gambling is wearing them.
(b) That there is a limited supply.
(c) That it's a traffic stopper.
(d) That they're soon going to be sold out.
7. What is "The Day the Traffic Stopped?"
(a) A television program.
(b) A theory.
(c) A radio program.
(d) A book.
8. What does Mack believe to be the explanation behind the flats?
(a) The other trucking companies caused it.
(b) Aliens caused it.
(c) The pushcart vendors caused it.
(d) There was bad rubber.
9. How is Maxie Hammerman plotting the "battle?"
(a) With pea-pins stuck in a map.
(b) With red marks on a map.
(c) With photos.
(d) With police and newspaper reports.
10. What is Big Moe's first explanation for the number of flats?
(a) That the other trucking companies are behind it.
(b) That the aliens are behind it.
(c) That the pushcart vendors are behind it.
(d) That the tires he bought were rotten.
11. How many of his 72 trucks is laid up on a single day, according to Big Moe?
12. What is the name of Professor Lyman Cumberly's explanation for the attitude of the truck drivers of New York City?
(a) The Big Truck Theory of Relativity.
(b) The Huge Item Theory of Ancient Greece.
(c) The Large Object Theory of History.
(d) The Mammoth Movers Theory of Traffic.
13. What does Morris the Florist begin offering at a discount to children under ten?
(b) Flowers suitable for hat bands.
(d) Pea shooters.
14. Who do taxi drivers say is to blame for the heavy traffic in New York?
(a) The people who walk.
(b) The pushcarts.
(c) The people who drive their private cars.
(d) The other taxis.
15. How many flats does Maxie say General Anna has caused?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Mighty Mammoths does the mayor use to blockage entrances into the city?
2. How does Mr. Posey usually have his peas delivered?
3. What does Wenda Gambling have to eat on the night after she gets stuck behind the truck?
4. Who is it that gives away boxes of tacks to his customers?
5. How do truck drivers get their perishable goods delivered if they have a flat?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)