|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Anna say the real menace is?
(b) Taxi cabs.
(c) Plastic bags.
(d) Grocery stores.
2. What does one man suggest Mr. Posey might be hiding in the pea packages?
(c) Diamonds .
3. How does Carlos present his idea to the rest of the pushcart vendors?
(a) He just tells them.
(b) He gives a demonstration.
(c) He writes it down.
(d) Maxie Hammerman translates for him.
4. What is one theory about how Frank could have caused all the flats?
(a) He had a car .
(b) He had a helicopter.
(c) He was a very good shot.
(d) He could run very fast.
5. What has General Anna discovered about her ability to aim?
(a) She can't aim at all.
(b) She misses about half.
(c) She hasn't tried.
(d) She aims better than anyone.
6. What does the color red signify on Maxie's map of the battle?
(a) A flat on a big truck.
(b) A flat on a pushcart.
(c) A flat on a taxi or car.
(d) A flat on a normal-sized truck.
7. When the policeman asks Frank about the pea shooter, what is Frankie's explanation?
(a) That it's a straw.
(b) That it's his son's pea shooter.
(c) That it's a pencil.
(d) That he won't answer the question.
8. What is the Pea Tack Squad looking at when they discover Wenda Gambling's order for peas?
(a) The company's telephone records.
(b) The canceled checks.
(c) The bags of peas.
(d) The company ledgers.
9. When does Joey Kafflis make entries into a diary?
(a) During meetings.
(b) After work.
(c) While he's stalled in traffic.
(d) Every morning.
10. What do the trucking company owners do when the casualties get too high?
(a) Buy more tires.
(b) Hire spotters to watch for pea shooters.
(c) Tax the tacks.
(d) Take their trucks off the road.
11. What does the newspaper advertisement say about the hat?
(a) That there is a limited supply.
(b) That Wenda Gambling is wearing them.
(c) That it's a traffic stopper.
(d) That they're soon going to be sold out.
12. What is the purpose of the spotters who ride on the hoods of some trucks?
(a) They are watching for other trucks.
(b) They are watching for pea pins in the guttters.
(c) They are watching for pushcart vendors.
(d) They are watching for pea pins falling from the sky.
13. Why does Wenda Gambling say there is a traffic problem in New York?
(a) There are too many immovable objects.
(b) There are too many pedestrians.
(c) There are too many taxis.
(d) There are too many big trucks.
14. What is on the truck that's involved in the first incident of the pushcart war?
(a) Ninety dozen piano stools.
(b) Ninety dozen donuts.
(c) Ninety bunches of daffodils.
(d) Nineteen hundred pickles.
15. What does the mayor and city council eventually decide as a way of trying to stop the pea shooters?
(a) Tax tacks for everyone.
(b) Tax tacks for anyone under 21.
(c) Tax tacks for crackpots.
(d) Tax tacks for anyone over ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the driver of the truck that hits the first truck of the pushcart war?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the three sizes of trucks operated by Mammoth Moving Company?
3. Who is the only person in New York who might know how many pushcarts there are in the city?
4. What is the newspaper headline the day after Frank the Flower's arrest?
5. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)