|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the pea shooters?
2. What does Professor Lyman Cumberly say prompted the pushcart war?
(a) The heat.
(b) Freddie the Florist's bad attitude.
(c) The number of trucks on the streets.
(d) Wenda Gambling's remark about the big trucks.
3. When the children take up the war, at what kinds of tires do they shoot?
(a) Trucks and cars.
(b) Trucks, cars and bicycles.
(c) All vehicles.
(d) Only trucks.
4. What is the name of the company where the peas were purchased?
(a) Posey's Pea Company.
(b) Wenda Gambling.
(c) The Pea Place.
(d) The Black-Eyed Pea.
5. How many peas and pins do the pushcart vendors decide they must buy?
(a) As many as they can grow.
(b) None, they'll build the pins and grow the peas.
(c) A half ton of each.
(d) A ton of each.
6. What does Mack believe to be the explanation behind the flats?
(a) There was bad rubber.
(b) The other trucking companies caused it.
(c) The pushcart vendors caused it.
(d) Aliens caused it.
7. How many tacks are purchased the day after the tax is repealed?
(a) Over 800,000 tacks.
(b) Over 800,000 pounds.
(c) Over 80 pounds.
(d) Over 800,000 dollars worth.
8. Why does Wenda Gambling say there is a traffic problem in New York?
(a) There are too many big trucks.
(b) There are too many taxis.
(c) There are too many pedestrians.
(d) There are too many immovable objects.
9. What is the Pea Tack Squad looking at when they discover Wenda Gambling's order for peas?
(a) The canceled checks.
(b) The bags of peas.
(c) The company ledgers.
(d) The company's telephone records.
10. What kind of hat is being sold in the department store?
11. When does Joey Kafflis make entries into a diary?
(a) During meetings.
(b) After work.
(c) While he's stalled in traffic.
(d) Every morning.
12. Who is the driver of the truck that hits the first truck of the pushcart war?
(a) Albert P. Mack.
(b) Mark the Pickle Seller.
(c) Morris the Florist.
(d) Marvin Seely.
13. How many tires does Frank the Flower really believe he has killed?
(a) Seven or Eight.
(b) Seventeen or Eighteen.
(c) Fourteen or Fifteen.
(d) Seventy or Eighty.
14. What do the Posey's use as weapons in their attempt to keep the Pea Tack Squad out?
(b) Pea shooters.
(d) Sacks of peas.
15. What does one man suggest Mr. Posey might be hiding in the pea packages?
(c) Diamonds .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the last motorists to become frightened of the trucks?
2. Where do the pushcart vendors hide their ammunition following Frank's arrest?
3. What do the trucking company owners do when the casualties get too high?
4. What is Morris the Florist's pushcart number?
5. When does Frank the Flower get arrested?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)