|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxie Hammerman buy for General Anna on the day of the Peace March?
(a) A banner.
(b) A cartful of apples and pears.
(c) A new pushcart.
(d) A gun.
2. How long does Old Anna say she has been selling her apples and pears?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Forty-five years.
(d) Forty years.
3. What does Maxie say he's paying for with the check he writes to Big Moe?
(a) A bullet-proof car.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A truck.
(d) A pushcart.
4. How many days pass after Frank's arrest without a flat?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Thirteen days.
5. What is the purpose of the spotters who ride on the hoods of some trucks?
(a) They are watching for other trucks.
(b) They are watching for pushcart vendors.
(c) They are watching for pea pins falling from the sky.
(d) They are watching for pea pins in the guttters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on Eddie Moroney's pushcart?
2. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
3. What does Maxie say all the pushcart vendors should do immediately?
4. Where had Wenda Gambling requested that the one ton of peas be delivered?
5. What is the name of the company where the peas were purchased?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)