|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it before the pushcart vendors know the truckers have declared war?
(a) Over a year.
(b) Over a month.
(c) Over six months.
(d) Over a week.
2. Who turns Frank the Flower in for shooting tires?
(a) The arresting officer.
(b) The Police Commissioner.
(c) A spotter for a trucking company.
(d) Maxie Hammerman.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the three sizes of trucks operated by Mammoth Moving Company?
(a) Mama Mammoths.
(b) Mighty Mammoths.
(c) Papa Mammoths.
(d) Baby Mammoths.
4. Who is the owner of the pushcart that is the first victim of the pushcart war?
(a) Marvin Seely.
(b) Morris the Florist.
(c) Albert P. Mack.
(d) Mark the Pickle Seller.
5. Who comes up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
(a) Maxie Hammerman.
(b) Old Anna.
(d) Eddie Maroney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do taxi drivers say is to blame for the heavy traffic in New York?
2. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
3. How many days pass after Frank's arrest without a flat?
4. Who are the last motorists to become frightened of the trucks?
5. Who gives the famous "peanut butter speech?"
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)