|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Joey Kafflis make entries into a diary?
(a) After work.
(b) During meetings.
(c) While he's stalled in traffic.
(d) Every morning.
2. Why doesn't Morris the Florist ever go above Twenty-third Street?
(a) It's too far to walk.
(b) There is too much traffic.
(c) That's Frank the Flower's territory.
(d) People there don't buy flowers .
3. Who is the only person in New York who might know how many pushcarts there are in the city?
(a) Buddy Wiser.
(b) Morris the Florist.
(c) Frank the Flower.
(d) Maxie Hammerman.
4. What does Professor Lyman Cumberly say prompted the pushcart war?
(a) The heat.
(b) Wenda Gambling's remark about the big trucks.
(c) The number of trucks on the streets.
(d) Freddie the Florist's bad attitude.
5. What does the color gold signify on Maxie's man of the battle?
(a) A flat on a taxi or car.
(b) A flat on a normal-sized truck.
(c) A flat on a big truck.
(d) A flat on a pushcart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Maxie Hammerman plotting the "battle?"
2. Who has the idea to take up a collection to buy Morris a new pushcart?
3. Who comes up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
4. Who buys the pins and peas for the pushcart vendors?
5. What is written on Eddie Moroney's pushcart?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)