|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Anna say the real menace is?
(a) Plastic bags.
(b) Grocery stores.
(c) Taxi cabs.
2. Who is the only person in New York who might know how many pushcarts there are in the city?
(a) Buddy Wiser.
(b) Morris the Florist.
(c) Maxie Hammerman.
(d) Frank the Flower.
3. What does Wenda Gambling have to eat on the night after she gets stuck behind the truck?
(a) Dry oatmeal.
(b) Oatmeal cookies.
(d) Peanut butter.
4. Who do taxi drivers say is to blame for the heavy traffic in New York?
(a) The people who drive their private cars.
(b) The other taxis.
(c) The pushcarts.
(d) The people who walk.
5. Where is Wenda Gambling headed when she gets caught up behind the truck?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her grandmother's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her cousin's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Morris the Florist's pushcart number?
2. What does Professor Lyman Cumberly say prompted the pushcart war?
3. How long does it take Professor Cumberly to go five blocks in a taxi during a heavy traffic day?
4. What is "The Day the Traffic Stopped?"
5. Why doesn't Morris the Florist ever go above Twenty-third Street?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)