|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Anna say the real menace is?
(b) Grocery stores.
(c) Plastic bags.
(d) Taxi cabs.
2. Where does the driver of the first pushcart destroyed in the war land?
(a) A pickle barrel
(b) A truck
(c) An alley
(d) A pile of daffodils
3. What is the name of Professor Lyman Cumberly's explanation for the attitude of the truck drivers of New York City?
(a) The Mammoth Movers Theory of Traffic.
(b) The Large Object Theory of History.
(c) The Huge Item Theory of Ancient Greece.
(d) The Big Truck Theory of Relativity.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the three sizes of trucks operated by Mammoth Moving Company?
(a) Baby Mammoths.
(b) Mama Mammoths.
(c) Papa Mammoths.
(d) Mighty Mammoths.
5. Who are the last motorists to become frightened of the trucks?
(a) The pedestrians.
(b) The movie stars.
(c) The pushcart vendors.
(d) The taxi drivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Old Anna say she has been selling her apples and pears?
2. Who do taxi drivers say is to blame for the heavy traffic in New York?
3. What does Wenda Gambling have to eat on the night after she gets stuck behind the truck?
4. How long does it take Professor Cumberly to go five blocks in a taxi during a heavy traffic day?
5. Who comes up with the idea of how to fight the trucks?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)