|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maxie say it's better to have enemies you already know?
(a) The Police Commissioner knows who they are.
(b) You already have their addresses.
(c) It's easier to guess what they'll do.
(d) They aren't as mean as some people.
2. Why doesn't Morris the Florist ever go above Twenty-third Street?
(a) That's Frank the Flower's territory.
(b) It's too far to walk.
(c) People there don't buy flowers .
(d) There is too much traffic.
3. What does Eddie say the pushcart vendors would have done if Maxie had been kidnapped?
(b) Gone to the Police Commissioner.
(c) Gone to the newspapers.
(d) Fought harder.
4. What does Maxie say is the purpose of the red pins in the map?
(a) To mark when there was a very minor pushcart accident.
(b) To mark when the pushcarts have a good day.
(c) To mark when the trucks had a flat.
(d) To mark when hot dog vendors sold more than a dozen dogs.
5. Prior to the sale of the ton of peas to the pushcart vendors, what had been Mr. Posey's largest sale?
(a) Thirty tons.
(b) Three hundred pounds.
(c) Thirty pounds.
(d) Three tons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Jerusalem spend the night?
2. How is Maxie Hammerman plotting the "battle?"
3. Who does Maxie say has the record for the most hits?
4. Where is the recording of the interview between the Police Commissioner and Maxie Hammerman?
5. What is the Pea Tack Squad looking at when they discover Wenda Gambling's order for peas?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)