|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
2. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
3. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
4. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
5. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
2. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
3. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
4. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
5. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
6. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
7. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
8. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
9. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
10. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Precious has an obsession with ugliness. How does Precious equate ugliness with black people and being black? Where does she see ugliness? How do these views affect her views on white people? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Precious has had two babies by the time she is sixteen years old. What is the difference between the two experiences? How does she treats them or thinks about them? Are there any differences? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of Chapter 2, Precious has put up pictures of Harriet Tubman and Farrakhan on her wall and looks out of her window at the town she lives in. Describe this scene and its significance in explaining Precious' fight throughout the novel. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)