|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
2. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
3. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
4. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
5. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
2. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
3. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
4. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
6. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
8. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
9. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
10. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Precious come to understand that her mother is mentally unstable? What changes occur within Precious' life to help her come to this understanding? What separates Precious from her mother to help her come to this understanding? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Precious has encounters with two people whom she tries to seek out later when terrible things happen to her. Who are these people and why are they so significant to Precious' life, although playing minor roles in the novel? Why do these characters impact Precious?
Essay Topic 3
Precious eventually scores higher on her TABE scores that she had previously been failing. How and what does this improvement foreshadow the future? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)