|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
2. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
3. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
4. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
2. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
3. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
4. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
5. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
6. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
7. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
8. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
9. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
10. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
Essay Topic 1
Education is the solution to all of Precious' problems. Validate or invalidate this statement in your thesis. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Precious come to understand that her mother is mentally unstable? What changes occur within Precious' life to help her come to this understanding? What separates Precious from her mother to help her come to this understanding? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title, "Push"? Using specific examples from the text, create a clear thesis that explains the novel's title and how it applies to the narrative.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)