|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Precious reading in class?
2. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
3. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
4. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
5. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
2. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
3. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
4. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
5. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
6. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
7. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
8. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
9. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
10. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of Push negative or positive? What kind of message is Sapphire trying to send to the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Precious ends her life story in the students' book differently than most of the other girls. How does she end her story and what is the significance of her ending? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Education is the solution to all of Precious' problems. Validate or invalidate this statement in your thesis. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)