|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Precious brings to the class as her personal touch?
2. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
3. What is Precious' son's full name?
4. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
5. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
2. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
3. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
4. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
5. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
6. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
7. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
8. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
9. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
10. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
Essay Topic 1
Precious eventually scores higher on her TABE scores that she had previously been failing. How and what does this improvement foreshadow the future? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Would Precious have undergone the positive changes in her life had she not met her classmates and Ms. Rain? Why or why not? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Precious has a difficult time understanding love and sex together. They are separate to her due to the abuse she has endured. Explain this in a well-crafted essay, using examples from the text to support your response.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)