|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
2. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
3. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
4. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
5. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
2. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
3. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
4. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
6. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
7. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
8. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
9. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
10. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Precious has a difficult time understanding love and sex together. They are separate to her due to the abuse she has endured. Explain this in a well-crafted essay, using examples from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Precious has had two babies by the time she is sixteen years old. What is the difference between the two experiences? How does she treats them or thinks about them? Are there any differences? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Precious has an obsession with ugliness. How does Precious equate ugliness with black people and being black? Where does she see ugliness? How do these views affect her views on white people? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)