|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
2. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
3. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
4. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
5. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
2. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
3. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
4. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
6. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
7. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
8. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
9. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
10. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would Precious have undergone the positive changes in her life had she not met her classmates and Ms. Rain? Why or why not? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of Push negative or positive? What kind of message is Sapphire trying to send to the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Education is the solution to all of Precious' problems. Validate or invalidate this statement in your thesis. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)