|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
2. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
3. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
4. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
5. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
2. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
3. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
4. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
5. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
6. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
7. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
8. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
9. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
10. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before attending the Alternative School, Precious has a lot of bias toward white people and homosexual people. Using examples from the book, explain how the Alternative School helped Precious overcome these prejudices.
Essay Topic 2
How does Precious going to the incest survivors support group help her? In what ways does it alter her views and add to the changes taking place in her life? Support your thesis with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Precious has a difficult time understanding love and sex together. They are separate to her due to the abuse she has endured. Explain this in a well-crafted essay, using examples from the text to support your response.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)