|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
2. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
3. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
4. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
5. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
2. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
3. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
4. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
5. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
6. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
7. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
8. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
9. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
10. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Precious has had two babies by the time she is sixteen years old. What is the difference between the two experiences? How does she treats them or thinks about them? Are there any differences? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Precious has a difficult time understanding love and sex together. They are separate to her due to the abuse she has endured. Explain this in a well-crafted essay, using examples from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Precious ends her life story in the students' book differently than most of the other girls. How does she end her story and what is the significance of her ending? Support your answer with examples from the text.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)