|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
2. Where is Rhonda from?
3. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
4. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
5. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
2. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
3. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
4. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
5. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
6. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
7. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
8. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
9. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
10. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would Precious have undergone the positive changes in her life had she not met her classmates and Ms. Rain? Why or why not? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Precious calling herself Precious? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Before attending the Alternative School, Precious has a lot of bias toward white people and homosexual people. Using examples from the book, explain how the Alternative School helped Precious overcome these prejudices.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)