|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
2. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
3. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
4. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
5. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
2. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
3. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
4. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
5. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
6. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
7. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
8. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
9. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
10. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Precious going to the incest survivors support group help her? In what ways does it alter her views and add to the changes taking place in her life? Support your thesis with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of Push negative or positive? What kind of message is Sapphire trying to send to the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Education is the solution to all of Precious' problems. Validate or invalidate this statement in your thesis. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)