|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
2. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
3. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
4. What does Precious shove into tinfoil before leaving her house?
5. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
2. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
3. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
4. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
5. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
6. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
7. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
8. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
9. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
10. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Precious calling herself Precious? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Precious has a difficult time understanding love and sex together. They are separate to her due to the abuse she has endured. Explain this in a well-crafted essay, using examples from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Precious has had two babies by the time she is sixteen years old. What is the difference between the two experiences? How does she treats them or thinks about them? Are there any differences? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)