|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
2. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
3. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
4. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
5. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
2. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
3. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
4. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
5. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
6. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
7. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
8. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
9. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
10. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education is the solution to all of Precious' problems. Validate or invalidate this statement in your thesis. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Precious learns her ABC's in a way that most people would not imagine a young girl learning. Using examples from the book, explain how this instance develops Precious' character for the reader and helps the reader to understand Precious' life.
Essay Topic 3
Precious eventually scores higher on her TABE scores that she had previously been failing. How and what does this improvement foreshadow the future? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)