|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
2. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
3. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
4. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
5. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
2. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
3. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
4. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
5. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
6. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
7. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
8. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
9. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
10. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
Essay Topic 1
Is the ending of Push negative or positive? What kind of message is Sapphire trying to send to the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Precious calling herself Precious? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Precious learns her ABC's in a way that most people would not imagine a young girl learning. Using examples from the book, explain how this instance develops Precious' character for the reader and helps the reader to understand Precious' life.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)