|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
2. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
3. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
4. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
5. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
2. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
3. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
4. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
5. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
6. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
7. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
8. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
9. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
10. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would Precious have undergone the positive changes in her life had she not met her classmates and Ms. Rain? Why or why not? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is the ending of Push negative or positive? What kind of message is Sapphire trying to send to the reader? Support your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Education is the solution to all of Precious' problems. Validate or invalidate this statement in your thesis. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)