|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
2. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
3. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
4. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
5. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
2. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
3. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
4. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
5. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
6. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
7. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
8. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
9. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
10. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Precious going to the incest survivors support group help her? In what ways does it alter her views and add to the changes taking place in her life? Support your thesis with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Precious has encounters with two people whom she tries to seek out later when terrible things happen to her. Who are these people and why are they so significant to Precious' life, although playing minor roles in the novel? Why do these characters impact Precious?
Essay Topic 3
Precious has had two babies by the time she is sixteen years old. What is the difference between the two experiences? How does she treats them or thinks about them? Are there any differences? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)