|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
2. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
3. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
4. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
5. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
2. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
4. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
5. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
6. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
7. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
8. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
9. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
10. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Precious has had two babies by the time she is sixteen years old. What is the difference between the two experiences? How does she treats them or thinks about them? Are there any differences? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Precious going to the incest survivors support group help her? In what ways does it alter her views and add to the changes taking place in her life? Support your thesis with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Precious calling herself Precious? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)