|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Draws a picture
(c) Steals her file
(d) Runs out of the office
2. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) Find someone she does trust
(b) To bring a friend along to a session
(c) To cancel them immediately
(d) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
3. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
(a) Calls Ms. Rain
(b) Hugs Abdul
(c) Writes in her journal
(d) Calls her grandmother
4. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) A drug addict
(b) The supervisor
(c) An old man
(d) A girl she knew from her previous school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
2. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
3. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
4. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
5. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
2. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
3. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
4. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
5. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
6. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
7. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
8. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
9. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
10. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)