|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Not to get pregnant again
(b) Little Mongo misses her
(c) Only a dog leaves a baby
(d) She needs to give up the baby
2. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
(a) Finishing school
(b) Caring for Abdul and Little Mongo
(c) Making friends
(d) Getting over her abuse
3. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She is proud of her
(b) She is going to be famous
(c) She can live with Ms. Rain
(d) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
4. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(b) Her mother
(c) Ms. Rain
(d) Her neighbor
5. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
(a) If he knew about the pregnancy
(b) What he told people when they saw Precious was pregnant
(c) If he loved the baby
(d) Why no one put him in jail
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
2. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
3. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
4. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
5. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
2. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
3. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
4. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
5. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
6. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
7. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
8. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
9. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
10. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)