|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Precious can think about while in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Little Mongo
2. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
(a) Ms. Rain
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Mrs. Butter
3. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
(a) Pass the G.E.D. test
(b) Write her life story
(c) Complete all homework assignments
(d) Get an A on a test
4. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(c) Being a home attendant
5. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
(a) Bought her a car
(b) Gave her a place to live
(c) Put her through rehab
(d) Paid to fix her teeth
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
2. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
3. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
4. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
5. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
2. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
3. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
4. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
6. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
7. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
8. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
9. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
10. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)