|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) Many people she knows have it.
(b) It is curable
(c) It is a widespread epidemic
(d) She and Abdul may have it
2. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
3. What is the only thing Precious can think about while in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(c) Little Mongo
(d) Her grandmother
4. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
(a) Incest victims
(b) HIV positive women and kids
(c) Orphaned children
(d) Former drug addicts
5. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
(a) If he is coming back
(b) If he was her real father
(c) If Mary still loves him
(d) If he ever loved her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
2. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
3. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
4. What book is Precious reading in class?
5. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
2. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
3. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
4. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
5. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
6. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
7. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
8. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
9. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)