|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) Where she feels safest
(b) To share her first memory
(c) How she feels about Carl
(d) What she wants to do with her life
2. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
(a) HIV positive women and kids
(b) Former drug addicts
(c) Incest victims
(d) Orphaned children
3. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
(a) She does not want to do it
(b) She does not have enough time to do it.
(c) She has nothing to write about
(d) She is still not confident enough in her reading and writing.
4. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Being kicked off aid
(b) Having him taken away
(c) Not being able to buy him presents
(d) Carl returning for his birthday
5. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
(a) If he loved the baby
(b) Why no one put him in jail
(c) If he knew about the pregnancy
(d) What he told people when they saw Precious was pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
2. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
4. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
5. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
2. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
3. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
4. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
6. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
7. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
8. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
9. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
10. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)