|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 5, 1990
(b) January 15, 1988
(c) January 30, 1989
(d) January 20, 1987
2. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(b) Stealing the counselor's file
(c) The abuse she has encountered
(d) Her hate for her mother.
3. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(d) Ms. Rain
4. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Stealing Carl
(b) Getting pregnant on purpose
(c) Stealing her welfare
(d) Tricking her
5. Who does the reader discover does not have HIV?
(b) Little Mongo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
2. What does Precious want to have checked out?
3. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
4. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
5. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
2. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
3. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
4. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
5. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
6. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
7. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
8. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
9. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
10. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)