|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Precious' son's full name?
(a) Louis Jamal Abdul Jones
(b) Abdul Jamal Louis Jones
(c) Jamal Louis Abdul Jones
(d) Jamal Abdul Jones Louis
2. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) It is a widespread epidemic
(b) She and Abdul may have it
(c) Many people she knows have it.
(d) It is curable
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Hits Abdul
(b) Does not attend class
(c) Insults one of her classmates
(d) Screams at Ms. Rain
4. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(a) Her children
(b) Sexual abuse
5. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Having him taken away
(b) Carl returning for his birthday
(c) Being kicked off aid
(d) Not being able to buy him presents
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
2. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
3. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
4. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
5. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
2. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
3. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
4. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
5. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
6. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
7. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
8. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
9. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)