|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
2. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
(a) She is still not confident enough in her reading and writing.
(b) She has nothing to write about
(c) She does not want to do it
(d) She does not have enough time to do it.
3. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) A fight that broke out over food
(b) Someone stealing Abdul
(c) Someone stealing her shoes
(d) Shouting and cussing
4. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) It is the only place Precious feels safe
(b) She does not feel well
(c) She wants to hide Abdul
(d) Mary injured her with a knife
5. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Carl returning for his birthday
(b) Not being able to buy him presents
(c) Being kicked off aid
(d) Having him taken away
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
2. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
3. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
4. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
5. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
2. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
3. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
4. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
6. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
7. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
8. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
9. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
10. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)