|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Carl returning for his birthday
(b) Being kicked off aid
(c) Having him taken away
(d) Not being able to buy him presents
2. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) A drug addict
(b) A girl she knew from her previous school
(c) The supervisor
(d) An old man
3. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Stealing her welfare
(b) Tricking her
(c) Stealing Carl
(d) Getting pregnant on purpose
4. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(a) Ms. Rain
5. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Get off aid and go to college
(b) Send Abdul to a good school
(c) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(d) Become a special education teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious write about in a poem?
2. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
3. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
4. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
5. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
2. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
3. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
4. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
5. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
6. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
8. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
9. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
10. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)