|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
(a) A young leader's award
(b) A literacy award
(c) A young woman's award
(d) A courage award
2. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
(a) Her journal entries about sex
(b) Scars from her mother's beatings
(c) Her children
(d) Old school records
3. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is articulate
(b) That she is strong minded
(c) That she is pretty
(d) That she is innocent
4. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
(a) Mrs. Butter
(b) Her grandmother
(d) Little Mongo
5. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
2. What does Precious keep secret in November?
3. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
4. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
5. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
2. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
3. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
4. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
5. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
6. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
7. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
8. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
9. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
10. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)