|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
(a) Move away to somewhere new
(b) Go to college
(c) Charge her parents with sexual abuse
(d) Find nice adoptive parents
2. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Become a special education teacher
(b) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(c) Send Abdul to a good school
(d) Get off aid and go to college
3. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Not to get pregnant again
(b) Only a dog leaves a baby
(c) Little Mongo misses her
(d) She needs to give up the baby
4. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing her shoes
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) A fight that broke out over food
(d) Someone stealing Abdul
5. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
(a) A waste of time
(b) Bad attitude
(c) Anger turned inward
(d) A road block
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious want to have checked out?
2. What book is Precious reading in class?
3. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
4. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
5. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
2. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
4. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
5. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
6. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
7. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
8. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
9. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)