|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
(b) Incest is underreported
(c) Lots of people share her thoughts
(d) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
2. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) Find someone she does trust
(b) To bring a friend along to a session
(c) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
(d) To cancel them immediately
3. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Not to get pregnant again
(b) Little Mongo misses her
(c) She needs to give up the baby
(d) Only a dog leaves a baby
4. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. What does Precious want to have checked out?
(a) Her teeth
(b) Her blood
(c) Her eyes
(d) Her cholesterol
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
2. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
3. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
4. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
5. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
2. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
3. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
4. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
5. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
6. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
7. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
8. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
9. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
10. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)