|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
(a) Mrs. Butter
(c) Ms. Rain
(d) Her grandmother
2. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Yelling at her mom
(b) Going to church
(c) Talking to people
(d) Playing with her son
3. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
(a) Bad attitude
(b) A waste of time
(c) A road block
(d) Anger turned inward
4. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 5, 1990
(b) January 20, 1987
(c) January 30, 1989
(d) January 15, 1988
5. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
2. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
3. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
4. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
5. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
2. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
3. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
4. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
5. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
6. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
7. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
8. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
9. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
10. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)