|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
(a) She has nothing to write about
(b) She does not have enough time to do it.
(c) She is still not confident enough in her reading and writing.
(d) She does not want to do it
2. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
(a) Getting over her abuse
(b) Making friends
(c) Finishing school
(d) Caring for Abdul and Little Mongo
3. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) She does not feel well
(b) It is the only place Precious feels safe
(c) Mary injured her with a knife
(d) She wants to hide Abdul
4. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) Her spelling worsens
(b) Her son goes and hides
(c) She eats a lot
(d) She turns assignments in late
5. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) To bring a friend along to a session
(b) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
(c) To cancel them immediately
(d) Find someone she does trust
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Precious have her son?
2. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
3. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
4. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
5. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
2. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
3. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
4. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
5. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
6. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
7. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
8. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
9. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
10. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)