|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(a) Ms. Rain
(b) Her neighbor
(d) Her mother
2. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
3. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(b) Become a special education teacher
(c) Send Abdul to a good school
(d) Get off aid and go to college
4. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
(a) Write her life story
(b) Pass the G.E.D. test
(c) Complete all homework assignments
(d) Get an A on a test
5. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Kill her
(b) Keep her from going to school
(c) Steal Abdul
(d) Rape her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
2. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
3. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
4. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
5. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
2. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
3. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
4. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
6. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
7. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
8. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
9. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
10. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)