|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) It is a widespread epidemic
(b) She and Abdul may have it
(c) It is curable
(d) Many people she knows have it.
2. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Send Abdul to a good school
(b) Become a special education teacher
(c) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(d) Get off aid and go to college
3. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(c) Little Mongo
4. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) Her son goes and hides
(b) She eats a lot
(c) She turns assignments in late
(d) Her spelling worsens
5. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
(c) Her TABE scores
(d) Her classmates
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
2. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
3. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
4. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
2. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
3. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
4. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
5. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
6. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
7. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
8. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
9. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
10. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)