|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(b) Being a home attendant
2. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Reading and writing is everything
(b) Being with your loved ones is everything
(c) Being safe is everything
(d) Being intelligent is everything
3. What does Precious want to have checked out?
(a) Her blood
(b) Her cholesterol
(c) Her eyes
(d) Her teeth
4. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is articulate
(b) That she is innocent
(c) That she is strong minded
(d) That she is pretty
5. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
(a) Complete all homework assignments
(b) Pass the G.E.D. test
(c) Get an A on a test
(d) Write her life story
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
2. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
3. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
4. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
5. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
2. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
3. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
4. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
5. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
6. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
8. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
9. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
10. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)