|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(d) Ms. Rain
2. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
(a) Having a lot of money
(b) Being a virgin
(c) Living in Manhattan
(d) Being famous
3. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
(a) She does not see a point in bringing up the past
(b) She does not have the money for counseling
(c) She is afraid of getting in trouble
(d) She does not trust strangers
4. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will never learn how to read
(b) She will always be overweight
(c) Her insides and outsides are different
(d) Her family is not hers
5. What book is Precious reading in class?
(a) The Color Purple
(b) Black Boy
(c) Of Mice and Men
(d) I, Tituba
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
2. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
3. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
4. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
5. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
2. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
3. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
4. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
5. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
6. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
7. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
8. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
9. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
10. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)