|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) An old man
(b) A girl she knew from her previous school
(c) The supervisor
(d) A drug addict
2. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If she can ever trust a man
(b) If she will ever be taken seriously
(c) If she can trust her new friends
(d) If a boy will ever love her
3. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(d) Ms. Rain
4. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Send Abdul to a good school
(b) Get off aid and go to college
(c) Become a special education teacher
(d) Turn her parents in for the abuse
5. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Tricking her
(b) Stealing her welfare
(c) Stealing Carl
(d) Getting pregnant on purpose
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
2. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
3. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
4. What is Precious' son's full name?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
2. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
3. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
4. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
5. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
6. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
7. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
8. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
9. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
10. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)