|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
(a) Little Mongo
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Mrs. Butter
2. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
(a) Incest victims
(b) Orphaned children
(c) Former drug addicts
(d) HIV positive women and kids
3. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(a) Little Mongo
4. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Being intelligent is everything
(b) Reading and writing is everything
(c) Being with your loved ones is everything
(d) Being safe is everything
5. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
(a) She wants Mrs. Butter to take Abdul
(b) Her mother is insane
(c) She wants to live with her grandmother
(d) She has been raped
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
2. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious about her father?
3. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
4. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
5. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
2. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
3. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
4. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
5. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
6. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
7. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
8. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
9. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
10. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)