|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(b) Her neighbor
(c) Her mother
(d) Ms. Rain
2. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
(a) Ms. Weiss is not sensitive to Precious
(b) Ms. Weiss is racist
(c) Ms. Weiss wants to talk about the abuse
(d) Ms. Weiss gives Precious odd looks
3. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
(a) If she knows how to spell incest
(b) If she is dyslexic
(c) If she knows the meaning of incest
(d) If she has had her hearing checked
4. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
(a) Her journal entries about sex
(b) Scars from her mother's beatings
(c) Old school records
(d) Her children
5. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
(a) Ms. Rain
(b) Mrs. Butter
(d) Her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
2. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
3. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
4. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
5. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious' file say about Precious and what is she afraid her file could do to her?
2. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
3. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
4. Who does Precious think about calling while she is at the armory and why?
5. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
6. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
7. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
8. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
9. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
10. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)