|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious want to have checked out?
(a) Her blood
(b) Her cholesterol
(c) Her teeth
(d) Her eyes
2. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
(a) A Woman's Body
(b) HIV Help
(c) AID for AIDS
(d) Body Positive
3. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
(a) A waste of time
(b) Anger turned inward
(c) A road block
(d) Bad attitude
4. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(b) Her hate for her mother.
(c) Stealing the counselor's file
(d) The abuse she has encountered
5. What is the only thing Precious can think about while in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) Little Mongo
(b) Her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
2. What does Precious write about in a poem?
3. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
4. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
5. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
2. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
3. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
4. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
5. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
6. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
7. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
8. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
9. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
10. What is Precious worried about concerning Abdul's first birthday and school?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)