|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
(a) Caring for Abdul and Little Mongo
(b) Finishing school
(c) Getting over her abuse
(d) Making friends
2. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(a) Being a home attendant
3. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) An old man
(b) A girl she knew from her previous school
(c) The supervisor
(d) A drug addict
4. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
(a) A road block
(b) Bad attitude
(c) A waste of time
(d) Anger turned inward
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
2. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
3. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
4. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
5. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
2. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
3. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
4. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
5. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
6. What does Ms. Rain suggest to Precious whenPrecious writes to her from the hospital?
7. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
8. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
9. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
10. What are the journal entries about that Precious does not want Ms. Rain to see?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)