|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(b) Come home
(c) Get in touch with Carl
(d) Give Abdul to her to take care of
2. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
(a) Ms. Weiss gives Precious odd looks
(b) Ms. Weiss is not sensitive to Precious
(c) Ms. Weiss is racist
(d) Ms. Weiss wants to talk about the abuse
3. Where is the halfway house that Ms. Rain and the girls find for Precious to live?
(b) Long Island
4. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(a) Little Mongo
5. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
(a) She has been raped
(b) She wants to live with her grandmother
(c) She wants Mrs. Butter to take Abdul
(d) Her mother is insane
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
2. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
3. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
4. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
5. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
2. What does Precious learn about Ms. Rain and how does it help correct a previous misconception she had?
3. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
4. What is the meaning behind Precious' second child's name, Abdul Jamal Louis Jones?
5. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
6. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
7. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
8. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
9. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
10. What kind of things happen to Precious and Abdul when Mrs. Butter sends them to stay at the armory?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)