|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Being kicked off aid
(b) Carl returning for his birthday
(c) Having him taken away
(d) Not being able to buy him presents
2. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) It is curable
(b) She and Abdul may have it
(c) It is a widespread epidemic
(d) Many people she knows have it.
3. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is pretty
(b) That she is strong minded
(c) That she is articulate
(d) That she is innocent
4. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
(a) Her TABE scores
(b) Her classmates
5. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Shouting and cussing
(b) Someone stealing Abdul
(c) Someone stealing her shoes
(d) A fight that broke out over food
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious' son's full name?
2. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
3. What does Precious keep secret in November?
4. What does Precious want to have checked out?
5. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious attends the incest survivors meeting with Rita, what is she surprised to find out?
2. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
3. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
4. When Mary comes to visit Precious at the Harlem halfway house, what does Precious understand about her?
5. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
6. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom symbolic of?
7. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
8. What existential argument does Precious grapple with at the end of Chapter 4?
9. What does Precious say is her problem when trying to write her life story for the class?
10. What is happening to Precious at the opening of Chapter 4?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)