|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) It is a widespread epidemic
(b) She and Abdul may have it
(c) Many people she knows have it.
(d) It is curable
2. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
(a) A literacy award
(b) A courage award
(c) A young woman's award
(d) A young leader's award
3. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
(a) The social worker retrieves Little Mongo
(b) Mary gets kicked off welfare
(c) Precious is sent to live with Little Mongo
(d) Precious' grandmother is given welfare
4. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Screams at Ms. Rain
(b) Does not attend class
(c) Insults one of her classmates
(d) Hits Abdul
5. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Little Mongo misses her
(b) Not to get pregnant again
(c) She needs to give up the baby
(d) Only a dog leaves a baby
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
2. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
3. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
4. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
5. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary visits Precious at the halfway house, what does she reveal to Precious?
2. What does Precious come to realize about her classmates and Ms. Rain after she learns she has HIV?
3. When Ms. Rain asks the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious imagine her life being like?
4. When Precious begins writing poetry, what is her poetry about?
5. What happens at the end of Chapter 3 between Ms. Rain and Precious?
6. Where does Precious go after she leaves her home with Abdul and who does she look for?
7. What happens to Precious when she returns home from the hospital after having Abdul?
8. How does Precious feel about her counselor, Ms. Weiss, and how does their first session go?
9. How does Precious feel about her second child, Abdul?
10. When Mary goes to a counseling session with Precious, what is her version about the abuse that took place?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)