|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(a) Goodnight, Moon
(b) A Day at the Beach
(c) Cat in the Hat
2. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
(a) Little Mongo was adopted
(b) A foster family
(c) Precious' grandmother
3. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(b) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(c) Hiding from her mother
(d) Learning how to read
4. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) With her mother
(b) Intensive care
(c) Child services
(d) Operating Room
5. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She adopts a chronic cough
(b) She is more driven to learn
(c) She gains weight
(d) She becomes more independent
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Precious start writing her story?
2. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
3. Where is Rhonda from?
4. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
5. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
2. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
3. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
4. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
5. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
6. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
7. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
8. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
9. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
10. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)