|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Precious starts thinking about kindergarten and first grade, what does she remember?
(a) It was not that hard
(b) Kids laughed at the way she spoke
(c) She made good friends on her first day
(d) Her teacher embarrassed her in front of the class
2. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eleventh grade
(b) Tenth grade
(c) Ninth grade
(d) Eighth grade
3. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(b) Talk to the welfare people
(c) Pay Mary the difference
(d) Apply for welfare herself
4. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To teach the baby how to read
(b) To send the baby to a good school
(c) To keep the baby safe
(d) To be a better mom than Mary
5. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(a) North Philaldelphia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
2. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
3. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
4. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
5. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
2. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
4. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
5. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
6. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
7. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
8. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
9. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
10. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)