|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has a terminal illness
(b) That the baby has Down syndrome
(c) Nothing. The baby is fine
(d) That Precious' father was not the real father
2. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
3. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(a) Cat in the Hat
(b) A Day at the Beach
(c) Goodnight, Moon
4. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) Puerto Rico
(c) El Salvador
5. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She gains weight
(b) She becomes more independent
(c) She is more driven to learn
(d) She adopts a chronic cough
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
2. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
3. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
4. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
5. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
2. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
3. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
4. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
5. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
6. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
7. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
8. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
9. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
10. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)