|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
2. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(b) North Philaldelphia
3. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her father
(b) Little Mongo
(c) Her mother
(d) Her grandmother
4. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To be a better mom than Mary
(b) To teach the baby how to read
(c) To send the baby to a good school
(d) To keep the baby safe
5. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
(b) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
(c) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(d) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
2. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
4. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
5. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
2. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
3. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
4. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
5. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
6. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
7. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
8. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
9. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
10. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)