|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
2. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Talk to the welfare people
(b) Pay Mary the difference
(c) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(d) Apply for welfare herself
3. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The Spanish man
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) The neighbor
4. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to press charges against Precious
(b) She wants Precious to return her books
(c) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(d) She wants Precious' parents arrested
5. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eighth grade
(b) Tenth grade
(c) Ninth grade
(d) Eleventh grade
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
2. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
3. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
4. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
5. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
2. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
3. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
4. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
5. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
6. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
7. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
8. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
9. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
10. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)