|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) Her mother's budget
(b) Her social security card
(c) Her previous school records
(d) An admission fee
2. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
(a) She stays in bed daydreaming
(b) Her mother beats her before she can leave
(c) She is bullied on her way to school
(d) She takes a long shower
3. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She gains weight
(b) She adopts a chronic cough
(c) She becomes more independent
(d) She is more driven to learn
4. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her notebook
(b) Her house keys
(c) Her wallet
(d) Her fries
5. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(b) The doctor told her earlier
(c) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(d) Her mother always comments on her weight
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
2. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
3. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
4. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
5. When was Precious born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
2. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
4. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
5. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
6. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
7. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
8. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
9. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
10. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)