|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Make name tags
(b) Play a friendly game
(c) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(d) Pair up for problem solving
2. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The easiest class
(b) The pre-G.E.D. class
(c) The G.E.D. class
(d) The special education class
3. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
(a) Abandons her
(b) Forces her out of the house
(c) Molests her
(d) Makes her get a job
4. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
5. Where is Rhonda from?
(b) El Salvador
(c) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
2. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
3. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
4. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
5. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
2. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
3. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
4. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
5. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
6. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
7. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
8. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
9. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
10. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)