|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has Down syndrome
(b) Nothing. The baby is fine
(c) That Precious' father was not the real father
(d) That the baby has a terminal illness
2. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her mother
(b) Little Mongo
(c) Her father
(d) Her grandmother
3. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(a) Home Ec
4. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
(a) Tell a story to the class
(b) Come to her office in alphabetical order
(c) Recite the ABC's
(d) Spell their names on the board
5. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(a) North Philaldelphia
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo Ann claim she wants that she mispronounces?
2. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
3. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
4. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
5. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
2. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
3. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
4. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
5. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
6. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
7. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
8. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
9. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
10. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)