|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious finally told her
(b) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(c) When Precious had her baby
(d) When Precious began getting morning sickness
2. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
(a) Return home
(b) Go back to school
(c) Give up her baby
(d) Tell the police what happened
3. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
4. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious to return her books
(b) She wants to press charges against Precious
(c) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(d) She wants Precious' parents arrested
5. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Revoking Mary's welfare
(b) Telling her to get a job
(c) Removing Precious from the check
(d) Alerting the IRS about Mary
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
2. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
3. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
4. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
5. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
2. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
3. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
4. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
5. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
6. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
7. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
8. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
9. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
10. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)