|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She is the top student in his class
(b) She is well behaved
(c) She yells at other students when they are unruly
(d) She turns in her homework on time
2. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) A boy's from school
(b) Her grandfather's name
(c) The same name as her father
(d) A name she heard on TV
3. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
(a) An honor student
(c) A crack addict
(d) An orphan
4. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has Down syndrome
(b) That the baby has a terminal illness
(c) Nothing. The baby is fine
(d) That Precious' father was not the real father
5. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The special education class
(b) The easiest class
(c) The G.E.D. class
(d) The pre-G.E.D. class
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
2. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
3. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
4. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
5. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
2. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
3. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
4. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
5. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
6. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
7. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
8. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
9. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
10. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)