|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
(a) Little Mongo was adopted
(c) Precious' grandmother
(d) A foster family
2. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Asks people for change
(b) Counts how much money she has
(c) Runs out
(d) Eats all of the chicken
3. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
(a) She is bullied on her way to school
(b) Her mother beats her before she can leave
(c) She takes a long shower
(d) She stays in bed daydreaming
4. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(c) Home Ec
5. Where is Rhonda from?
(b) Puerto Rico
(d) El Salvador
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
2. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
3. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
4. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
5. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
2. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
3. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
4. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
5. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
6. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
7. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
8. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
9. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
10. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)