|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Eleventh grade
(b) Tenth grade
(c) Eighth grade
(d) Twelfth grade
2. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
(a) A foster family
(b) Little Mongo was adopted
(c) Precious' grandmother
3. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The easiest class
(b) The G.E.D. class
(c) The special education class
(d) The pre-G.E.D. class
4. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 20, 1986
(b) September 24, 1987
(c) September 25, 1989
(d) September 30, 1988
5. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Angel
(b) Mrs. Butter
(c) Mrs. Muffin
(d) Mrs. Pepper
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
2. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
3. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
4. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
5. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
2. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
3. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
4. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
5. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
6. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
7. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
8. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
9. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
10. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)