|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Tenth grade
(b) Eighth grade
(c) Eleventh grade
(d) Twelfth grade
2. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
(a) Addition and subtraction
(b) The Pledge of Allegiance
(c) How to write their names
(d) The alphabet
3. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(b) Cat in the Hat
(c) Goodnight, Moon
(d) A Day at the Beach
4. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(b) Her mother always comments on her weight
(c) The doctor told her earlier
(d) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
5. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
(a) They write about their harsh backgrounds
(b) They write phonetically
(c) They write abrasive language
(d) They do not know how to use pens
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
2. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
3. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
4. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
5. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
2. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
3. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
4. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
5. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
6. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
7. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
8. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
9. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
10. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)