|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to press charges against Precious
(b) She wants Precious to return her books
(c) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(d) She wants to discuss Precious' education
2. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 20, 1986
(b) September 25, 1989
(c) September 30, 1988
(d) September 24, 1987
3. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
4. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(b) Pair up for problem solving
(c) Make name tags
(d) Play a friendly game
5. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
2. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
3. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
4. How old is Precious when the book begins?
5. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
2. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
3. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
4. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
5. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
6. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
7. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
8. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
10. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)