|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious to return her books
(b) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(c) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(d) She wants to press charges against Precious
2. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The special education class
(b) The easiest class
(c) The G.E.D. class
(d) The pre-G.E.D. class
3. When was Precious born?
(a) November 11, 1972
(b) November 5, 1973
(c) November 10, 1971
(d) November 4, 1970
4. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(b) Discuss homeschooling
(c) Make an appointment with a doctor
(d) Have a conference with Precious' mother
5. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
2. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
3. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
4. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
5. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
2. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
3. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
4. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
5. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
6. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
7. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
8. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
9. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
10. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)