|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
(b) A crack addict
(c) An orphan
(d) An honor student
2. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(b) Home Ec
3. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) A young girl with a similar background
(b) Ms. Applebee
(c) Ms. McKnight
(d) A trauma specialist
4. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
(a) Langston Hughes
(b) The Spanish man
(d) Her father
5. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The Spanish man
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) The neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
2. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
4. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
5. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
2. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
3. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
4. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
5. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
6. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
7. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
8. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
9. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
10. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)