|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(c) Jo Ann
2. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She adopts a chronic cough
(b) She becomes more independent
(c) She is more driven to learn
(d) She gains weight
3. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her school supplies
(b) Her house keys
(c) A letter asking for help
(d) Her wallet
4. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
(a) She takes a long shower
(b) She is bullied on her way to school
(c) She stays in bed daydreaming
(d) Her mother beats her before she can leave
5. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
(a) She could not read
(b) She could not speak properly
(c) She misbehaved
(d) She did not attend class
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
2. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
3. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
4. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
5. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
2. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
3. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
4. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
5. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
6. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
7. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
8. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
9. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
10. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)