|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
(a) What she will name her baby
(b) If her mother will make her get rid of the baby
(c) If she acted irrationally toward Mrs. Lichenstein
(d) When she had her first baby
2. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
3. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(b) She wants to press charges against Precious
(c) She wants Precious to return her books
(d) She wants Precious' parents arrested
4. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
5. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They like her
(b) They respect her
(c) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(d) They are scared of her
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
2. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
3. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
4. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
5. When was Precious born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
2. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
3. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
4. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
5. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
6. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
7. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
8. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
9. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
10. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)