|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Eleventh grade
(b) Twelfth grade
(c) Tenth grade
(d) Eighth grade
2. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) Her mother's budget
(b) Her previous school records
(c) An admission fee
(d) Her social security card
3. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in second grade
(b) When she was in third grade
(c) When she was in fourth grade
(d) When she was in fifth grade
4. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
(a) Beats her
(b) Makes her leave
(c) Takes her to church
(d) Takes her to the doctor
5. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Little Mongo
(d) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
2. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
3. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
4. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
5. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
2. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
3. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
4. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
5. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
6. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
7. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
8. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
9. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
10. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)