|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
2. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has a terminal illness
(b) That Precious' father was not the real father
(c) That the baby has Down syndrome
(d) Nothing. The baby is fine
3. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She is the top student in his class
(b) She turns in her homework on time
(c) She yells at other students when they are unruly
(d) She is well behaved
4. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(b) Cat in the Hat
(c) A Day at the Beach
(d) Goodnight, Moon
5. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) A letter asking for help
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her school supplies
(d) Her house keys
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Precious born?
2. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
3. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
4. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
5. Where is Rhonda from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
2. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
3. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
4. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
5. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
6. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
7. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
8. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
9. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
10. What does Precious say about Farrakhan?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)