|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in third grade
(b) When she was in fifth grade
(c) When she was in second grade
(d) When she was in fourth grade
2. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They like her
(b) They are scared of her
(c) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(d) They respect her
3. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
(a) Blames Precious' mother
(b) Beats Precious
(c) Takes full custody of the baby
(d) Leaves for many years
4. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
(d) Jo Ann
5. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
(a) Her mother beats her before she can leave
(b) She stays in bed daydreaming
(c) She takes a long shower
(d) She is bullied on her way to school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
2. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
3. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
4. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
5. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
2. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
3. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
4. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
5. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
6. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
7. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
8. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
9. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
10. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)