|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has a terminal illness
(b) Nothing. The baby is fine
(c) That Precious' father was not the real father
(d) That the baby has Down syndrome
2. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To send the baby to a good school
(b) To teach the baby how to read
(c) To keep the baby safe
(d) To be a better mom than Mary
3. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She yells at other students when they are unruly
(b) She turns in her homework on time
(c) She is well behaved
(d) She is the top student in his class
4. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her house keys
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her fries
(d) Her notebook
5. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) A boy's from school
(b) Her grandfather's name
(c) The same name as her father
(d) A name she heard on TV
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
2. How old is Precious when the book begins?
3. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
4. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
5. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Precious try to find after she has her first baby?
2. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
3. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
4. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
5. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
6. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
7. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
8. Why are the girls' journals that Ms. Rain has them write in each day so difficult to read?
9. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
10. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)