|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) Her father
(b) The neighbor
(c) The Spanish man
(d) Her mother
2. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Apply for welfare herself
(b) Talk to the welfare people
(c) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(d) Pay Mary the difference
3. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 30, 1988
(b) September 25, 1989
(c) September 24, 1987
(d) September 20, 1986
4. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) She starts to make friends
(b) Her mother begins beating her
(c) She starts learning how to read
(d) She starts being molested
5. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
(a) Return home
(b) Tell the police what happened
(c) Go back to school
(d) Give up her baby
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Precious when the book begins?
2. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
3. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
4. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
5. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the time shifts occur with Precious in Chapter 1?
2. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
3. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
4. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
5. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
6. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
7. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
8. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
9. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
10. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)