|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(b) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(c) She wants Precious to return her books
(d) She wants to press charges against Precious
2. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her fries
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her house keys
(d) Her notebook
3. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Telling her to get a job
(b) Removing Precious from the check
(c) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(d) Revoking Mary's welfare
4. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
(a) If she will pee her pants
(b) If the teacher will berate her for being late
(c) If the kids will taunt her
(d) If the other kids are smarter than her
5. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) Puerto Rico
(d) El Salvador
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
2. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
3. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
4. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
5. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
2. How does Precious surprise herself on her first day of class at the Alternative School?
3. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
4. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
5. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
6. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
7. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
8. What does Precious need to do in order to register for the Alternative school?
9. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
10. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)