|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(b) Learning how to read
(c) Hiding from her mother
(d) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
2. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Play a friendly game
(b) Pair up for problem solving
(c) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(d) Make name tags
3. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
4. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To send the baby to a good school
(b) To keep the baby safe
(c) To teach the baby how to read
(d) To be a better mom than Mary
5. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
(a) Leaves for many years
(b) Beats Precious
(c) Blames Precious' mother
(d) Takes full custody of the baby
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
2. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
3. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
4. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
5. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Precious not want her mother to know about her second pregnancy?
2. How did Precious become so overweight at such a young age?
3. What does one of Precious' classmates at the Alternative school do for her that makes her want to cry?
4. Although Precious likes her math teacher, Mr. Wicher, why does she yell at him on the first day of school?
5. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
6. What prevents Precious from being able to care about and succeed in her education?
7. What does Ms. Rain ask the students to do that horrifies Precious?
8. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
9. Why is Precious a ninth grader and not the junior in high school that she should be?
10. What is the irony of Jo Ann wanting to work in the record label industry?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)