|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 24, 1987
(b) September 25, 1989
(c) September 30, 1988
(d) September 20, 1986
2. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(b) North Philaldelphia
3. When was Precious born?
(a) November 11, 1972
(b) November 10, 1971
(c) November 5, 1973
(d) November 4, 1970
4. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Apologize for suspending her
(b) Help her get out of her house
(c) Help her through the pregnancy
(d) Give her an A in all of her classes
5. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
2. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
3. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
4. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
5. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Precious returns from her first day of school, what is Mary worrying about happening?
2. What upsets Precious when she goes to register for the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One school?
3. Where does Jo Ann find Precious' notebook and school supplies that she gives back to her in class?
4. What does Ms. Butter question Precious about when she is at the hospital with Precious?
5. Why does Precious have a hard time understanding that she had a baby?
6. What is another reason revealed in Chapter 2 for why Precious' education is not up to par with the rest of her classmates?
7. What does Precious say when she speaks for the first time in class at the Alternative school?
8. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein at school?
9. Why is Precious so excited that she has read the book "A Day at the Beach"?
10. Why did Precious stop talking in kindergarten?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)