|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(b) Get in touch with Carl
(c) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(d) Come home
2. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) She needs to give up the baby
(b) Little Mongo misses her
(c) Only a dog leaves a baby
(d) Not to get pregnant again
3. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(d) Ms. Rain
4. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She can live with Ms. Rain
(b) She is proud of her
(c) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
(d) She is going to be famous
5. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Runs out of the office
(b) Draws a picture
(d) Steals her file
6. What is Precious' son's full name?
(a) Louis Jamal Abdul Jones
(b) Jamal Abdul Jones Louis
(c) Jamal Louis Abdul Jones
(d) Abdul Jamal Louis Jones
7. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) A girl she knew from her previous school
(b) The supervisor
(c) An old man
(d) A drug addict
8. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) If he loves her
(b) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
(c) When he contracted HIV
(d) When she will see him
9. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her journals
(b) Her classmates
(c) Her children
(d) Ms. Rain
10. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
(a) Her first child, Little Mongo.
(b) Her mother's abuse.
(c) Being raped by Carl.
(d) Not knowing what to think about the baby.
11. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
12. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(a) Ms. Rain
(b) Her mother
(c) Her neighbor
13. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If a boy will ever love her
(b) If she can ever trust a man
(c) If she can trust her new friends
(d) If she will ever be taken seriously
14. What book is Precious reading in class?
(a) Of Mice and Men
(b) The Color Purple
(c) I, Tituba
(d) Black Boy
15. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
2. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
4. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
5. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)