|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) Where she feels safest
(b) What she wants to do with her life
(c) How she feels about Carl
(d) To share her first memory
2. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will always be overweight
(b) Her family is not hers
(c) She will never learn how to read
(d) Her insides and outsides are different
3. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 30, 1989
(b) January 15, 1988
(c) January 5, 1990
(d) January 20, 1987
4. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) The abuse she has encountered
(b) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(c) Stealing the counselor's file
(d) Her hate for her mother.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
(a) If he knew about the pregnancy
(b) What he told people when they saw Precious was pregnant
(c) If he loved the baby
(d) Why no one put him in jail
6. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
(a) Find nice adoptive parents
(b) Charge her parents with sexual abuse
(c) Move away to somewhere new
(d) Go to college
7. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Keep her from going to school
(b) Kill her
(c) Rape her
(d) Steal Abdul
8. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
(b) Her TABE scores
(c) Her classmates
9. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(b) Draws a picture
(c) Runs out of the office
(d) Steals her file
10. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
(b) Little Mongo
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Mrs. Butter
11. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
(a) Bought her a car
(b) Gave her a place to live
(c) Paid to fix her teeth
(d) Put her through rehab
12. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
(b) Lots of people share her thoughts
(c) Incest is underreported
(d) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
13. What book is Precious reading in class?
(a) The Color Purple
(b) Of Mice and Men
(c) Black Boy
(d) I, Tituba
14. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
(a) She does not see a point in bringing up the past
(b) She is afraid of getting in trouble
(c) She does not trust strangers
(d) She does not have the money for counseling
15. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
(a) She is still not confident enough in her reading and writing.
(b) She does not want to do it
(c) She does not have enough time to do it.
(d) She has nothing to write about
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
2. What does Precious want to have checked out?
3. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
4. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
5. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)