|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) If he loves her
(b) When she will see him
(c) When he contracted HIV
(d) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
2. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
(a) Her TABE scores
(b) Her classmates
3. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her classmates
(b) Ms. Rain
(c) Her journals
(d) Her children
4. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 30, 1989
(b) January 15, 1988
(c) January 20, 1987
(d) January 5, 1990
5. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(b) Get off aid and go to college
(c) Become a special education teacher
(d) Send Abdul to a good school
6. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Hits Abdul
(b) Insults one of her classmates
(c) Does not attend class
(d) Screams at Ms. Rain
7. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) She needs to give up the baby
(b) Only a dog leaves a baby
(c) Little Mongo misses her
(d) Not to get pregnant again
8. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
(a) Incest survivor group
(b) Domestic abuse victim group
(c) Young mothers group
(d) Anger management
9. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
(a) She wants to live with her grandmother
(b) She wants Mrs. Butter to take Abdul
(c) Her mother is insane
(d) She has been raped
10. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(a) Being a home attendant
11. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Yelling at her mom
(b) Talking to people
(c) Playing with her son
(d) Going to church
12. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(b) Come home
(c) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(d) Get in touch with Carl
13. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
(a) Gave her a place to live
(b) Paid to fix her teeth
(c) Put her through rehab
(d) Bought her a car
14. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) The circle of life
(b) How much Precious has grown
(c) Her connection to nature
(d) Her roots in the world
15. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
(a) A courage award
(b) A literacy award
(c) A young leader's award
(d) A young woman's award
Short Answer Questions
1. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
2. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious about her father?
4. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)