|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) Her family is not hers
(b) Her insides and outsides are different
(c) She will always be overweight
(d) She will never learn how to read
2. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(a) Being a home attendant
3. What does Precious keep secret in November?
(a) Her father
(b) Her first day of school
(c) Her birthday
(d) Her new baby
4. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious about her father?
(a) If he has been to prison before
(b) How long he has abused her
(c) If he tries to contact her
(d) Where he is at the moment
5. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Not being able to buy him presents
(b) Carl returning for his birthday
(c) Being kicked off aid
(d) Having him taken away
6. What does Precious say she no longer cares about now that she is getting an education?
(a) Names people call her
(b) Her mother
(c) New clothes
7. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Rape her
(b) Keep her from going to school
(c) Kill her
(d) Steal Abdul
8. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing her shoes
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) Someone stealing Abdul
(d) A fight that broke out over food
9. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
(a) Her journal entries about sex
(b) Old school records
(c) Her children
(d) Scars from her mother's beatings
10. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If she can trust her new friends
(b) If she can ever trust a man
(c) If a boy will ever love her
(d) If she will ever be taken seriously
11. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
(a) Tell child services
(b) Live with her grandmother
(c) Give up Abdul
(d) Go to the police
12. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
(a) If he is coming back
(b) If Mary still loves him
(c) If he ever loved her
(d) If he was her real father
13. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(a) Ms. Rain
14. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) She does not feel well
(b) She wants to hide Abdul
(c) It is the only place Precious feels safe
(d) Mary injured her with a knife
15. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
(a) The trauma room
(b) The armory
(c) The police
(d) An orphanage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
2. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
4. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
5. What does Precious write about in a poem?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)