|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Not to get pregnant again
(b) She needs to give up the baby
(c) Only a dog leaves a baby
(d) Little Mongo misses her
2. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If she will ever be taken seriously
(b) If she can ever trust a man
(c) If a boy will ever love her
(d) If she can trust her new friends
3. What does Precious say she no longer cares about now that she is getting an education?
(a) New clothes
(b) Names people call her
(d) Her mother
4. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) She does not feel well
(b) She wants to hide Abdul
(c) Mary injured her with a knife
(d) It is the only place Precious feels safe
5. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
(a) Incest survivor group
(b) Domestic abuse victim group
(c) Young mothers group
(d) Anger management
6. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Become a special education teacher
(b) Send Abdul to a good school
(c) Get off aid and go to college
(d) Turn her parents in for the abuse
7. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her journals
(b) Her classmates
(c) Ms. Rain
(d) Her children
8. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is strong minded
(b) That she is pretty
(c) That she is innocent
(d) That she is articulate
9. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Hits Abdul
(b) Does not attend class
(c) Insults one of her classmates
(d) Screams at Ms. Rain
10. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) Stealing the counselor's file
(b) The abuse she has encountered
(c) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(d) Her hate for her mother.
11. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
(a) Being a virgin
(b) Being famous
(c) Having a lot of money
(d) Living in Manhattan
12. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
(a) Her journal entries about sex
(b) Old school records
(c) Her children
(d) Scars from her mother's beatings
13. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
(a) The armory
(b) The police
(c) An orphanage
(d) The trauma room
14. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
15. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(b) Ms. Rain
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
2. What does Precious write about in a poem?
3. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
4. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
5. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)