|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) How she feels about Carl
(b) To share her first memory
(c) What she wants to do with her life
(d) Where she feels safest
2. What is one of the things that Precious brings to the class as her personal touch?
(a) A picture of Abdul
(b) A poem
(c) An apron
(d) A drawing of hers
3. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
(a) In private
(b) She shows her a magazine article about AIDS
(c) She sends her a letter
(d) With her journal
4. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(b) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(c) Come home
(d) Get in touch with Carl
5. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
(a) Ms. Weiss wants to talk about the abuse
(b) Ms. Weiss is not sensitive to Precious
(c) Ms. Weiss is racist
(d) Ms. Weiss gives Precious odd looks
6. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
(a) Move away to somewhere new
(b) Charge her parents with sexual abuse
(c) Go to college
(d) Find nice adoptive parents
7. What does Precious' file say is the only thing she is not doing well with in school?
(b) Her classmates
(c) Her TABE scores
8. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) When she will see him
(b) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
(c) If he loves her
(d) When he contracted HIV
9. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Playing with her son
(b) Going to church
(c) Talking to people
(d) Yelling at her mom
10. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
11. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She is proud of her
(b) She is going to be famous
(c) She can live with Ms. Rain
(d) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
12. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(b) Send Abdul to a good school
(c) Become a special education teacher
(d) Get off aid and go to college
13. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) Many people she knows have it.
(b) It is a widespread epidemic
(c) It is curable
(d) She and Abdul may have it
14. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
(a) A waste of time
(b) Bad attitude
(c) A road block
(d) Anger turned inward
15. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will never learn how to read
(b) Her insides and outsides are different
(c) She will always be overweight
(d) Her family is not hers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
2. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
3. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
4. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
5. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)