|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
(a) Incest victims
(b) HIV positive women and kids
(c) Orphaned children
(d) Former drug addicts
2. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) Her son goes and hides
(b) She turns assignments in late
(c) She eats a lot
(d) Her spelling worsens
3. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her classmates
(b) Ms. Rain
(c) Her journals
(d) Her children
4. What is Precious' son's full name?
(a) Jamal Abdul Jones Louis
(b) Louis Jamal Abdul Jones
(c) Jamal Louis Abdul Jones
(d) Abdul Jamal Louis Jones
5. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
6. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Steals her file
(b) Draws a picture
(d) Runs out of the office
7. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
(a) Ms. Weiss gives Precious odd looks
(b) Ms. Weiss wants to talk about the abuse
(c) Ms. Weiss is racist
(d) Ms. Weiss is not sensitive to Precious
8. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) A girl she knew from her previous school
(b) An old man
(c) A drug addict
(d) The supervisor
9. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) The circle of life
(b) Her roots in the world
(c) How much Precious has grown
(d) Her connection to nature
10. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Steal Abdul
(b) Keep her from going to school
(c) Rape her
(d) Kill her
11. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
(a) A courage award
(b) A young leader's award
(c) A young woman's award
(d) A literacy award
12. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Tricking her
(b) Stealing her welfare
(c) Stealing Carl
(d) Getting pregnant on purpose
13. What book is Precious reading in class?
(a) Of Mice and Men
(b) The Color Purple
(c) Black Boy
(d) I, Tituba
14. What does Precious keep secret in November?
(a) Her new baby
(b) Her first day of school
(c) Her father
(d) Her birthday
15. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
(a) Being famous
(b) Having a lot of money
(c) Being a virgin
(d) Living in Manhattan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
2. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
3. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
4. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
5. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)