|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious about her father?
(a) How long he has abused her
(b) If he tries to contact her
(c) Where he is at the moment
(d) If he has been to prison before
2. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) The supervisor
(b) A girl she knew from her previous school
(c) An old man
(d) A drug addict
3. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
(b) When he contracted HIV
(c) When she will see him
(d) If he loves her
4. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
(a) Precious' grandmother is given welfare
(b) The social worker retrieves Little Mongo
(c) Mary gets kicked off welfare
(d) Precious is sent to live with Little Mongo
5. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
(a) She has nothing to write about
(b) She does not want to do it
(c) She does not have enough time to do it.
(d) She is still not confident enough in her reading and writing.
6. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) A fight that broke out over food
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) Someone stealing Abdul
(d) Someone stealing her shoes
7. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Reading and writing is everything
(b) Being with your loved ones is everything
(c) Being safe is everything
(d) Being intelligent is everything
8. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
(a) Give up Abdul
(b) Go to the police
(c) Live with her grandmother
(d) Tell child services
9. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 5, 1990
(b) January 15, 1988
(c) January 30, 1989
(d) January 20, 1987
10. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
(a) If he is coming back
(b) If he was her real father
(c) If Mary still loves him
(d) If he ever loved her
11. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(b) Being a home attendant
12. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) To bring a friend along to a session
(b) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
(c) Find someone she does trust
(d) To cancel them immediately
13. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(b) The abuse she has encountered
(c) Her hate for her mother.
(d) Stealing the counselor's file
14. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
(a) If she is dyslexic
(b) If she knows the meaning of incest
(c) If she knows how to spell incest
(d) If she has had her hearing checked
15. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(a) Her children
(b) Sexual abuse
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
2. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
3. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
4. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
5. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)