|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
(a) Scars from her mother's beatings
(b) Old school records
(c) Her children
(d) Her journal entries about sex
2. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(b) Little Mongo
3. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) To bring a friend along to a session
(b) To cancel them immediately
(c) Find someone she does trust
(d) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
4. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Steal Abdul
(b) Kill her
(c) Keep her from going to school
(d) Rape her
5. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
(a) Caring for Abdul and Little Mongo
(b) Finishing school
(c) Getting over her abuse
(d) Making friends
6. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
(a) The social worker retrieves Little Mongo
(b) Precious' grandmother is given welfare
(c) Mary gets kicked off welfare
(d) Precious is sent to live with Little Mongo
7. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
(a) If she knows how to spell incest
(b) If she has had her hearing checked
(c) If she is dyslexic
(d) If she knows the meaning of incest
8. What book is Precious reading in class?
(a) The Color Purple
(b) I, Tituba
(c) Black Boy
(d) Of Mice and Men
9. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
(a) Paid to fix her teeth
(b) Gave her a place to live
(c) Put her through rehab
(d) Bought her a car
10. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her journals
(b) Her children
(c) Her classmates
(d) Ms. Rain
11. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Reading and writing is everything
(b) Being safe is everything
(c) Being with your loved ones is everything
(d) Being intelligent is everything
12. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Insults one of her classmates
(b) Screams at Ms. Rain
(c) Does not attend class
(d) Hits Abdul
13. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She is going to be famous
(b) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
(c) She can live with Ms. Rain
(d) She is proud of her
14. What does Precious say she no longer cares about now that she is getting an education?
(a) Her mother
(b) Names people call her
(d) New clothes
15. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
(a) Ms. Weiss is racist
(b) Ms. Weiss wants to talk about the abuse
(c) Ms. Weiss is not sensitive to Precious
(d) Ms. Weiss gives Precious odd looks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious write about in a poem?
2. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
3. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
4. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
5. Where is the halfway house that Ms. Rain and the girls find for Precious to live?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)