|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Does not attend class
(b) Screams at Ms. Rain
(c) Insults one of her classmates
(d) Hits Abdul
2. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious about her father?
(a) How long he has abused her
(b) Where he is at the moment
(c) If he has been to prison before
(d) If he tries to contact her
3. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Get in touch with Carl
(b) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(c) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(d) Come home
4. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
(a) If Mary still loves him
(b) If he ever loved her
(c) If he was her real father
(d) If he is coming back
5. Who does the reader discover does not have HIV?
(b) Little Mongo
6. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(b) Ms. Rain
7. Where is the halfway house that Ms. Rain and the girls find for Precious to live?
(c) Long Island
8. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
(a) HIV Help
(b) AID for AIDS
(c) A Woman's Body
(d) Body Positive
9. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
(a) Hugs Abdul
(b) Calls Ms. Rain
(c) Writes in her journal
(d) Calls her grandmother
10. What is Precious' son's full name?
(a) Abdul Jamal Louis Jones
(b) Jamal Abdul Jones Louis
(c) Jamal Louis Abdul Jones
(d) Louis Jamal Abdul Jones
11. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) How much Precious has grown
(b) The circle of life
(c) Her connection to nature
(d) Her roots in the world
12. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(c) Her children
(d) Sexual abuse
13. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will always be overweight
(b) Her insides and outsides are different
(c) Her family is not hers
(d) She will never learn how to read
14. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Carl returning for his birthday
(b) Having him taken away
(c) Being kicked off aid
(d) Not being able to buy him presents
15. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
2. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
3. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
4. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
5. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)