|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Draws a picture
(b) Steals her file
(d) Runs out of the office
2. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) Many people she knows have it.
(b) It is curable
(c) She and Abdul may have it
(d) It is a widespread epidemic
3. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Playing with her son
(b) Going to church
(c) Yelling at her mom
(d) Talking to people
4. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(b) Her children
(c) Sexual abuse
5. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
(a) AID for AIDS
(b) Body Positive
(c) A Woman's Body
(d) HIV Help
6. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Stealing Carl
(b) Stealing her welfare
(c) Getting pregnant on purpose
(d) Tricking her
7. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Screams at Ms. Rain
(b) Hits Abdul
(c) Does not attend class
(d) Insults one of her classmates
8. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
9. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) She does not feel well
(b) Mary injured her with a knife
(c) She wants to hide Abdul
(d) It is the only place Precious feels safe
10. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) To bring a friend along to a session
(b) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
(c) Find someone she does trust
(d) To cancel them immediately
11. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
(a) An orphanage
(b) The trauma room
(c) The armory
(d) The police
12. What does Precious want to have checked out?
(a) Her eyes
(b) Her cholesterol
(c) Her blood
(d) Her teeth
13. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
(a) Being famous
(b) Being a virgin
(c) Living in Manhattan
(d) Having a lot of money
14. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 30, 1989
(b) January 15, 1988
(c) January 5, 1990
(d) January 20, 1987
15. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(d) Ms. Rain
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Precious reading in class?
2. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
3. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
4. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
5. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)