|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If she will ever be taken seriously
(b) If she can trust her new friends
(c) If she can ever trust a man
(d) If a boy will ever love her
2. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
3. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is pretty
(b) That she is articulate
(c) That she is innocent
(d) That she is strong minded
4. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
5. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) If he loves her
(b) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
(c) When she will see him
(d) When he contracted HIV
6. Who does the reader discover does not have HIV?
(c) Little Mongo
7. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) Lots of people share her thoughts
(b) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
(c) Incest is underreported
(d) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
8. Where is the halfway house that Ms. Rain and the girls find for Precious to live?
(b) Long Island
9. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her children
(b) Ms. Rain
(c) Her journals
(d) Her classmates
10. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Only a dog leaves a baby
(b) She needs to give up the baby
(c) Little Mongo misses her
(d) Not to get pregnant again
11. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(a) Ms. Rain
(b) Her mother
(c) Her neighbor
12. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) The abuse she has encountered
(b) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(c) Stealing the counselor's file
(d) Her hate for her mother.
13. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) How much Precious has grown
(b) Her connection to nature
(c) Her roots in the world
(d) The circle of life
14. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) She eats a lot
(b) Her spelling worsens
(c) Her son goes and hides
(d) She turns assignments in late
15. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Steals her file
(b) Runs out of the office
(d) Draws a picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
2. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
3. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
4. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
5. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)