|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(b) Ms. Rain
(c) Her mother
(d) Her neighbor
2. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) Incest is underreported
(b) Lots of people share her thoughts
(c) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
(d) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
3. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) Her roots in the world
(b) How much Precious has grown
(c) Her connection to nature
(d) The circle of life
4. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
(a) Get an A on a test
(b) Complete all homework assignments
(c) Write her life story
(d) Pass the G.E.D. test
5. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Being intelligent is everything
(b) Being with your loved ones is everything
(c) Reading and writing is everything
(d) Being safe is everything
6. What is one of the things that Precious brings to the class as her personal touch?
(a) A drawing of hers
(b) A poem
(c) A picture of Abdul
(d) An apron
7. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
(a) Young mothers group
(b) Anger management
(c) Incest survivor group
(d) Domestic abuse victim group
8. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) What she wants to do with her life
(b) Where she feels safest
(c) To share her first memory
(d) How she feels about Carl
9. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
(a) Precious' grandmother is given welfare
(b) Mary gets kicked off welfare
(c) The social worker retrieves Little Mongo
(d) Precious is sent to live with Little Mongo
10. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She can live with Ms. Rain
(b) She is going to be famous
(c) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
(d) She is proud of her
11. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
(a) The armory
(b) The police
(c) An orphanage
(d) The trauma room
12. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
(a) Finishing school
(b) Getting over her abuse
(c) Caring for Abdul and Little Mongo
(d) Making friends
13. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) A girl she knew from her previous school
(b) A drug addict
(c) The supervisor
(d) An old man
14. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
(a) Hugs Abdul
(b) Calls her grandmother
(c) Calls Ms. Rain
(d) Writes in her journal
15. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing her shoes
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) A fight that broke out over food
(d) Someone stealing Abdul
Short Answer Questions
1. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
2. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
3. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
4. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
5. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)