|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(a) Little Mongo
2. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Being kicked off aid
(b) Carl returning for his birthday
(c) Not being able to buy him presents
(d) Having him taken away
3. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
(a) Former drug addicts
(b) Orphaned children
(c) Incest victims
(d) HIV positive women and kids
4. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) Incest is underreported
(b) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
(c) Lots of people share her thoughts
(d) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
5. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) Her roots in the world
(b) How much Precious has grown
(c) Her connection to nature
(d) The circle of life
6. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
(a) Hugs Abdul
(b) Calls Ms. Rain
(c) Calls her grandmother
(d) Writes in her journal
7. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) A fight that broke out over food
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) Someone stealing Abdul
(d) Someone stealing her shoes
8. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
(a) She does not want to do it
(b) She does not have enough time to do it.
(c) She is still not confident enough in her reading and writing.
(d) She has nothing to write about
9. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
(a) Young mothers group
(b) Anger management
(c) Incest survivor group
(d) Domestic abuse victim group
10. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) The abuse she has encountered
(b) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(c) Her hate for her mother.
(d) Stealing the counselor's file
11. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Get off aid and go to college
(b) Become a special education teacher
(c) Send Abdul to a good school
(d) Turn her parents in for the abuse
12. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(b) Get in touch with Carl
(c) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(d) Come home
13. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her classmates
(b) Her journals
(c) Her children
(d) Ms. Rain
14. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Reading and writing is everything
(b) Being safe is everything
(c) Being with your loved ones is everything
(d) Being intelligent is everything
15. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) How she feels about Carl
(b) Where she feels safest
(c) To share her first memory
(d) What she wants to do with her life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the things that Precious brings to the class as her personal touch?
2. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
3. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
4. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
5. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)