|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(b) Come home
(c) Get in touch with Carl
(d) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
2. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
(a) Write her life story
(b) Pass the G.E.D. test
(c) Get an A on a test
(d) Complete all homework assignments
3. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
(a) Go to college
(b) Charge her parents with sexual abuse
(c) Move away to somewhere new
(d) Find nice adoptive parents
4. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will never learn how to read
(b) Her family is not hers
(c) She will always be overweight
(d) Her insides and outsides are different
5. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) She eats a lot
(b) Her son goes and hides
(c) She turns assignments in late
(d) Her spelling worsens
6. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) Many people she knows have it.
(b) She and Abdul may have it
(c) It is a widespread epidemic
(d) It is curable
7. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
(a) An orphanage
(b) The trauma room
(c) The armory
(d) The police
8. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) When she will see him
(b) If he loves her
(c) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
(d) When he contracted HIV
9. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
(a) If he knew about the pregnancy
(b) If he loved the baby
(c) Why no one put him in jail
(d) What he told people when they saw Precious was pregnant
10. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
(a) She does not trust strangers
(b) She does not have the money for counseling
(c) She does not see a point in bringing up the past
(d) She is afraid of getting in trouble
11. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Mrs. Butter
(c) Ms. Rain
12. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
(a) Being famous
(b) Being a virgin
(c) Having a lot of money
(d) Living in Manhattan
13. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
(a) Put her through rehab
(b) Bought her a car
(c) Gave her a place to live
(d) Paid to fix her teeth
14. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
(b) She can live with Ms. Rain
(c) She is proud of her
(d) She is going to be famous
15. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
2. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious when Precious refers to her incest class as "insect"?
3. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
4. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
5. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)