|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 5, 1990
(b) January 30, 1989
(c) January 20, 1987
(d) January 15, 1988
2. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She is going to be famous
(b) She is proud of her
(c) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
(d) She can live with Ms. Rain
3. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
(a) What he told people when they saw Precious was pregnant
(b) If he knew about the pregnancy
(c) Why no one put him in jail
(d) If he loved the baby
4. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
5. What is the only thing Precious can think about while in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) Little Mongo
(d) Her grandmother
6. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Send Abdul to a good school
(b) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(c) Get off aid and go to college
(d) Become a special education teacher
7. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
(a) She wants Mrs. Butter to take Abdul
(b) She wants to live with her grandmother
(c) Her mother is insane
(d) She has been raped
8. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(a) Sexual abuse
(d) Her children
9. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
(a) Writes in her journal
(b) Calls Ms. Rain
(c) Hugs Abdul
(d) Calls her grandmother
10. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
(a) Give Abdul to her to take care of
(b) Get in touch with Carl
(c) Apologize to her for stealing Carl
(d) Come home
11. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
(a) Being raped by Carl.
(b) Her first child, Little Mongo.
(c) Her mother's abuse.
(d) Not knowing what to think about the baby.
12. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
(a) She does not trust strangers
(b) She does not see a point in bringing up the past
(c) She does not have the money for counseling
(d) She is afraid of getting in trouble
13. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If she will ever be taken seriously
(b) If a boy will ever love her
(c) If she can trust her new friends
(d) If she can ever trust a man
14. When Ms. Rain tells the girls to write fantasies about their lives, what does Precious fantasize about?
(a) Being a virgin
(b) Living in Manhattan
(c) Having a lot of money
(d) Being famous
15. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(c) Being a home attendant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
2. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
3. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
4. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
5. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)