|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) A girl she knew from her previous school
(b) The supervisor
(c) An old man
(d) A drug addict
2. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) She eats a lot
(b) Her son goes and hides
(c) She turns assignments in late
(d) Her spelling worsens
3. Who does Mary tell Precious has died of AIDS?
(a) Mrs. Butter
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Ms. Rain
4. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
(a) With her journal
(b) She shows her a magazine article about AIDS
(c) She sends her a letter
(d) In private
5. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
(a) If Mary still loves him
(b) If he ever loved her
(c) If he was her real father
(d) If he is coming back
6. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Being safe is everything
(b) Being intelligent is everything
(c) Reading and writing is everything
(d) Being with your loved ones is everything
7. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) It is the only place Precious feels safe
(b) She does not feel well
(c) She wants to hide Abdul
(d) Mary injured her with a knife
8. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
(a) She is afraid of getting in trouble
(b) She does not trust strangers
(c) She does not see a point in bringing up the past
(d) She does not have the money for counseling
9. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Tricking her
(b) Getting pregnant on purpose
(c) Stealing her welfare
(d) Stealing Carl
10. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Does not attend class
(b) Hits Abdul
(c) Screams at Ms. Rain
(d) Insults one of her classmates
11. What does Precious keep secret in November?
(a) Her father
(b) Her new baby
(c) Her first day of school
(d) Her birthday
12. Where is the halfway house that Ms. Rain and the girls find for Precious to live?
(c) Long Island
13. Who does the reader discover does not have HIV?
(d) Little Mongo
14. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(a) Her children
(d) Sexual abuse
15. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
(a) Precious' grandmother is given welfare
(b) Mary gets kicked off welfare
(c) The social worker retrieves Little Mongo
(d) Precious is sent to live with Little Mongo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
2. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
3. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
4. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
5. What is Precious' son's full name?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)