|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious say she no longer cares about now that she is getting an education?
(b) Her mother
(c) New clothes
(d) Names people call her
2. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Being safe is everything
(b) Being with your loved ones is everything
(c) Being intelligent is everything
(d) Reading and writing is everything
3. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Keep her from going to school
(b) Kill her
(c) Steal Abdul
(d) Rape her
4. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
5. What support group does Rita want Precious to join?
(a) HIV Help
(b) AID for AIDS
(c) Body Positive
(d) A Woman's Body
6. What is the only thing Precious can think about while in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) Her grandmother
(d) Little Mongo
7. What does Precious ask Mary about Carl after Mary attends a counseling session with her?
(a) If he ever loved her
(b) If he is coming back
(c) If he was her real father
(d) If Mary still loves him
8. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
9. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
(a) Live with her grandmother
(b) Give up Abdul
(c) Go to the police
(d) Tell child services
10. What does Precious tell Mrs. Butter once she finds her at the hospital?
(a) She wants Mrs. Butter to take Abdul
(b) She has been raped
(c) Her mother is insane
(d) She wants to live with her grandmother
11. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
(a) Orphaned children
(b) Former drug addicts
(c) HIV positive women and kids
(d) Incest victims
12. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is strong minded
(b) That she is innocent
(c) That she is pretty
(d) That she is articulate
13. What does Precious want to have checked out?
(a) Her blood
(b) Her eyes
(c) Her cholesterol
(d) Her teeth
14. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Runs out of the office
(b) Draws a picture
(c) Steals her file
15. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
(a) In private
(b) With her journal
(c) She sends her a letter
(d) She shows her a magazine article about AIDS
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
2. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
3. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
4. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
5. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)