|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain ask Precious about her father?
(a) Where he is at the moment
(b) How long he has abused her
(c) If he tries to contact her
(d) If he has been to prison before
2. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Stealing her welfare
(b) Getting pregnant on purpose
(c) Stealing Carl
(d) Tricking her
3. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Not being able to buy him presents
(b) Carl returning for his birthday
(c) Having him taken away
(d) Being kicked off aid
4. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) To bring a friend along to a session
(b) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
(c) To cancel them immediately
(d) Find someone she does trust
5. What does Precious not want Ms. Rain to see?
(a) Scars from her mother's beatings
(b) Old school records
(c) Her children
(d) Her journal entries about sex
6. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) Stealing the counselor's file
(b) The abuse she has encountered
(c) Her hate for her mother.
(d) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
7. What does Mary attempt to do to Precious when Precious returns from the hospital?
(a) Keep her from going to school
(b) Kill her
(c) Rape her
(d) Steal Abdul
8. Who does Precious consider her family to be now that she has left Mary's house?
(a) Her journals
(b) Ms. Rain
(c) Her children
(d) Her classmates
9. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(d) Ms. Rain
10. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
(a) In private
(b) She shows her a magazine article about AIDS
(c) With her journal
(d) She sends her a letter
11. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(b) Her children
(c) Sexual abuse
12. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) Lots of people share her thoughts
(b) Incest is underreported
(c) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
(d) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
13. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will never learn how to read
(b) She will always be overweight
(c) Her insides and outsides are different
(d) Her family is not hers
14. What does Ms. Rain think about Precious that bewilders Precious?
(a) That she is strong minded
(b) That she is pretty
(c) That she is articulate
(d) That she is innocent
15. What does Precious do after Ms. Weiss leaves the office to get her a Coke?
(a) Runs out of the office
(b) Steals her file
(c) Draws a picture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious say about her assignment that is yet to be completed?
2. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
3. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
4. Who does the reader discover does not have HIV?
5. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)