|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Precious do for the first time that she is then ashamed about?
(a) Hits Abdul
(b) Screams at Ms. Rain
(c) Does not attend class
(d) Insults one of her classmates
2. What is the plant that Precious brings into the classroom supposed to be representative of?
(a) Her connection to nature
(b) How much Precious has grown
(c) The circle of life
(d) Her roots in the world
3. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
(a) She does not trust strangers
(b) She is afraid of getting in trouble
(c) She does not have the money for counseling
(d) She does not see a point in bringing up the past
4. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
5. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) How she feels about Carl
(b) What she wants to do with her life
(c) Where she feels safest
(d) To share her first memory
6. What is one of the things that Precious brings to the class as her personal touch?
(a) A picture of Abdul
(b) A poem
(c) An apron
(d) A drawing of hers
7. What score does Precious get on the TABE test the second time she takes it?
8. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing Abdul
(b) Someone stealing her shoes
(c) A fight that broke out over food
(d) Shouting and cussing
9. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Playing with her son
(b) Yelling at her mom
(c) Going to church
(d) Talking to people
10. Who does Precious think about calling while at the temporary shelter?
(b) Her mother
(c) Ms. Rain
(d) Her neighbor
11. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) When he contracted HIV
(b) If he loves her
(c) When she will see him
(d) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
12. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
(a) Go to college
(b) Charge her parents with sexual abuse
(c) Find nice adoptive parents
(d) Move away to somewhere new
13. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
(a) Ms. Weiss is racist
(b) Ms. Weiss gives Precious odd looks
(c) Ms. Weiss is not sensitive to Precious
(d) Ms. Weiss wants to talk about the abuse
14. What does Ms. Rain suggest that Precious do after she has given birth to Abdul?
(a) Give up Abdul
(b) Tell child services
(c) Live with her grandmother
(d) Go to the police
15. What does Precious keep secret in November?
(a) Her new baby
(b) Her birthday
(c) Her first day of school
(d) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
2. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
3. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
4. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
5. Following her counseling session with Ms. Weiss and Mary, what does Precious do after speaking with Mary in order to calm herself down?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)