|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins attending counseling sessions with Precious?
(b) Ms. Rain
2. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Not being able to buy him presents
(b) Carl returning for his birthday
(c) Being kicked off aid
(d) Having him taken away
3. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) If he loves her
(b) When he contracted HIV
(c) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
(d) When she will see him
4. What does Precious begin thinking about as she gets older?
5. What does Precious' grandmother say when she visits Precious at the hospital?
(a) Only a dog leaves a baby
(b) She needs to give up the baby
(c) Not to get pregnant again
(d) Little Mongo misses her
6. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) She wants to hide Abdul
(b) Mary injured her with a knife
(c) She does not feel well
(d) It is the only place Precious feels safe
7. What does Precious believe becoming a home attendant will prevent her from doing?
(a) Getting over her abuse
(b) Caring for Abdul and Little Mongo
(c) Finishing school
(d) Making friends
8. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
(a) Being raped by Carl.
(b) Her first child, Little Mongo.
(c) Not knowing what to think about the baby.
(d) Her mother's abuse.
9. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) The abuse she has encountered
(b) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(c) Stealing the counselor's file
(d) Her hate for her mother.
10. What does Precious' file suggest she should look into pursuing?
(a) Being a home attendant
11. What book is Precious reading in class?
(a) I, Tituba
(b) The Color Purple
(c) Of Mice and Men
(d) Black Boy
12. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(d) Little Mongo
13. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Stealing her welfare
(b) Stealing Carl
(c) Getting pregnant on purpose
(d) Tricking her
14. While at the temporary shelter Mrs. Butter suggested, who tells Precious to put her bag in bed with her?
(a) An old man
(b) A drug addict
(c) A girl she knew from her previous school
(d) The supervisor
15. What does Precious write about in a poem?
(a) Her children
(c) Sexual abuse
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
2. For whom does Rita have an interest in starting a house?
3. Who does Precious write a touching poem about?
4. What does Mary tell Precious she may do if she wants to after they attend a counseling session together?
5. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)