|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious talk about in the letter she writes to Ms. Rain at the hospital?
(a) Her first child, Little Mongo.
(b) Not knowing what to think about the baby.
(c) Being raped by Carl.
(d) Her mother's abuse.
2. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Talking to people
(b) Going to church
(c) Playing with her son
(d) Yelling at her mom
3. Where do Mrs. Butter and the other nurses send Precious after she comes back to the hospital?
(a) The armory
(b) An orphanage
(c) The police
(d) The trauma room
4. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing her shoes
(b) Someone stealing Abdul
(c) A fight that broke out over food
(d) Shouting and cussing
5. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
(a) Getting pregnant on purpose
(b) Tricking her
(c) Stealing Carl
(d) Stealing her welfare
6. After fighting with her mother, why does Precious take Abdul and go to the Emergency Room?
(a) Mary injured her with a knife
(b) She wants to hide Abdul
(c) It is the only place Precious feels safe
(d) She does not feel well
7. What is the only thing Precious can think about while in the hospital in Chapter 3?
(a) Her grandmother
(c) Little Mongo
8. What did Precious grow up thinking about herself?
(a) She will always be overweight
(b) Her insides and outsides are different
(c) She will never learn how to read
(d) Her family is not hers
9. When does Precious have her son?
(a) January 20, 1987
(b) January 5, 1990
(c) January 15, 1988
(d) January 30, 1989
10. What does Ms. Rain advise Precious to do about Ms. Weiss and their counseling sessions?
(a) To bring a friend along to a session
(b) Try to open up to Ms. Weiss
(c) Find someone she does trust
(d) To cancel them immediately
11. In Chapter 4, what support group does Rita want Precious to attend?
(a) Anger management
(b) Young mothers group
(c) Incest survivor group
(d) Domestic abuse victim group
12. After attending the Survivors of Incest Anonymous meeting with Rita, what is Precious surprised to learn?
(a) It is not her fault that she is a victim of incest
(b) Lots of people share her thoughts
(c) Incest happens to "pretty white girls" too
(d) Incest is underreported
13. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) The abuse she has encountered
(b) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(c) Stealing the counselor's file
(d) Her hate for her mother.
14. What does Precious keep secret in November?
(a) Her birthday
(b) Her new baby
(c) Her first day of school
(d) Her father
15. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious in response to Precious saying Abdul is everything?
(a) Being safe is everything
(b) Being with your loved ones is everything
(c) Being intelligent is everything
(d) Reading and writing is everything
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious she can do with her life?
2. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
3. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
4. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
5. Why does Precious not trust her counselor, Ms. Weiss?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)