|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September 1988, what award does Precious receive from the city?
(a) A young woman's award
(b) A literacy award
(c) A courage award
(d) A young leader's award
2. What year is it when Chapter 4 opens?
3. What does Ms. Rain tell Precious, following her startling discovery about herself and Abdul?
(a) She is proud of her
(b) She is going to be famous
(c) She can live with Ms. Rain
(d) Ms. Rain will take care of Abdul
4. What does Ms. Rain notice happening when Precious is mad?
(a) She eats a lot
(b) Her son goes and hides
(c) Her spelling worsens
(d) She turns assignments in late
5. What does Precious understand about AIDS?
(a) It is a widespread epidemic
(b) Many people she knows have it.
(c) It is curable
(d) She and Abdul may have it
6. Who is moved to an institution in Chapter 3 in order to receive adequate care?
(b) Little Mongo
7. What is Precious worried about happening when Abdul turns one?
(a) Being kicked off aid
(b) Having him taken away
(c) Not being able to buy him presents
(d) Carl returning for his birthday
8. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
(a) Precious' grandmother is given welfare
(b) Precious is sent to live with Little Mongo
(c) The social worker retrieves Little Mongo
(d) Mary gets kicked off welfare
9. What has Precious not completed that each girl in the class is required to do?
(a) Write her life story
(b) Complete all homework assignments
(c) Get an A on a test
(d) Pass the G.E.D. test
10. What makes Precious feel better while having to deal with HIV?
(a) Yelling at her mom
(b) Talking to people
(c) Playing with her son
(d) Going to church
11. What does Ms. Weiss ask Precious when she returns with the Coke?
(a) What she wants to do with her life
(b) Where she feels safest
(c) How she feels about Carl
(d) To share her first memory
12. What does Precious think about in regards to Carl Kenwood Jones after receiving some startling news?
(a) When she will see him
(b) If he loves her
(c) When he contracted HIV
(d) If he is going to look for Little Mongo and Abdul
13. What does Precious tell Jermaine she wants to do after stealing her file from Ms. Weiss?
(a) Turn her parents in for the abuse
(b) Send Abdul to a good school
(c) Become a special education teacher
(d) Get off aid and go to college
14. What is Precious unsure about in terms of her future relationships?
(a) If she will ever be taken seriously
(b) If a boy will ever love her
(c) If she can trust her new friends
(d) If she can ever trust a man
15. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing Abdul
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) A fight that broke out over food
(d) Someone stealing her shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious want to have checked out?
2. What did Rita's wealthy boyfriend do for Rita?
3. What does Ms. Rain call the depression Precious is experiencing?
4. How does Precious tell Ms. Rain that she needs an HIV test?
5. What does Mary accuse Precious of doing?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)