|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) Puerto Rico
(b) El Salvador
2. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Removing Precious from the check
(b) Telling her to get a job
(c) Revoking Mary's welfare
(d) Alerting the IRS about Mary
3. How old is Precious when the book begins?
4. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Give her an A in all of her classes
(b) Apologize for suspending her
(c) Help her through the pregnancy
(d) Help her get out of her house
5. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Apply for welfare herself
(b) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(c) Pay Mary the difference
(d) Talk to the welfare people
6. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her wallet
(b) Her house keys
(c) A letter asking for help
(d) Her school supplies
7. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 25, 1989
(b) September 30, 1988
(c) September 20, 1986
(d) September 24, 1987
8. When was Precious born?
(a) November 5, 1973
(b) November 10, 1971
(c) November 11, 1972
(d) November 4, 1970
9. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) A young girl with a similar background
(b) Ms. Applebee
(c) Ms. McKnight
(d) A trauma specialist
10. What does Precious shove into tinfoil before leaving her house?
(d) Dry cereal
11. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(b) They respect her
(c) They are scared of her
(d) They like her
12. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(b) When Precious finally told her
(c) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(d) When Precious had her baby
13. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
(a) To give Precious additional lessons
(b) To make her sit in the back
(c) To have a conference with Precious' parents
(d) To focus on the kids that can learn
14. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(b) The doctor told her earlier
(c) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(d) Her mother always comments on her weight
15. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
(a) Think of something they like about themselves
(b) Write in a journal
(c) Say something nice to someone else
(d) Try to learn a new word
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
2. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
3. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
4. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
5. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)