|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Make an appointment with a doctor
(b) Discuss homeschooling
(c) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(d) Have a conference with Precious' mother
2. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
3. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
(a) Recite the ABC's
(b) Come to her office in alphabetical order
(c) Tell a story to the class
(d) Spell their names on the board
4. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She is more driven to learn
(b) She becomes more independent
(c) She gains weight
(d) She adopts a chronic cough
5. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
(a) She cannot write her own name on the board
(b) He berates her for not doing her homework
(c) She does not know what the number 122 looks like
(d) He singles her out in front of the class
6. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
(a) They write about their harsh backgrounds
(b) They do not know how to use pens
(c) They write abrasive language
(d) They write phonetically
7. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
(a) Her relationship with Mr. Wicher
(b) Her dysfunctional home life
(c) Her second pregnancy at age sixteen
(d) Her misbehavior in class
8. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Tenth grade
(b) Eleventh grade
(c) Eighth grade
(d) Twelfth grade
9. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They like her
(b) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(c) They are scared of her
(d) They respect her
10. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
11. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) A boy's from school
(b) Her grandfather's name
(c) A name she heard on TV
(d) The same name as her father
12. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
(a) Abandons her
(b) Makes her get a job
(c) Molests her
(d) Forces her out of the house
13. Where is Rhonda from?
(b) El Salvador
(d) Puerto Rico
14. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To keep the baby safe
(b) To teach the baby how to read
(c) To send the baby to a good school
(d) To be a better mom than Mary
15. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her father
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her mother
(d) Little Mongo
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
2. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
3. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
4. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
5. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)