|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
2. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) Her previous school records
(b) Her mother's budget
(c) Her social security card
(d) An admission fee
3. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious had her baby
(b) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(c) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(d) When Precious finally told her
4. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(b) Home Ec
5. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
(a) Makes her get a job
(b) Abandons her
(c) Forces her out of the house
(d) Molests her
6. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(b) Learning how to read
(c) Hiding from her mother
(d) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
7. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Eats all of the chicken
(b) Counts how much money she has
(c) Asks people for change
(d) Runs out
8. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
(a) She does not know what the number 122 looks like
(b) He singles her out in front of the class
(c) He berates her for not doing her homework
(d) She cannot write her own name on the board
9. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her school supplies
(b) Her wallet
(c) A letter asking for help
(d) Her house keys
10. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
(b) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
(c) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(d) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
11. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
(a) If the other kids are smarter than her
(b) If the kids will taunt her
(c) If the teacher will berate her for being late
(d) If she will pee her pants
12. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) She starts being molested
(b) She starts to make friends
(c) She starts learning how to read
(d) Her mother begins beating her
13. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
14. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
15. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) Her grandfather's name
(b) A name she heard on TV
(c) The same name as her father
(d) A boy's from school
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
2. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
3. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
4. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
5. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)