|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
2. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(b) She wants Precious to return her books
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants Precious' parents arrested
3. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
(a) If the baby will be retarded
(b) If the baby will look like her father
(c) If the baby will be safe from her father
(d) If the baby will like her
4. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Pair up for problem solving
(b) Play a friendly game
(c) Make name tags
(d) Sit in a circle and do introductions
5. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
(c) Her grandmother
(d) Little Mongo
6. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
(d) Jo Ann
7. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) Ms. McKnight
(b) A young girl with a similar background
(c) Ms. Applebee
(d) A trauma specialist
8. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
(a) When she had her first baby
(b) What she will name her baby
(c) If her mother will make her get rid of the baby
(d) If she acted irrationally toward Mrs. Lichenstein
9. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) He felt he had the right to as her father
(b) He was also sexually abused as a child
(c) He is uneducated and does not know better
(d) Her father was oppressed by white men
10. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
11. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
(b) Her father
(c) The Spanish man
(d) Langston Hughes
12. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
(b) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(c) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
(d) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
13. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
(a) Arguing with Mrs. Lichenstein
(b) Holding a knife
(c) Hiding from her father
(d) Doing her homework
14. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
(a) The alphabet
(b) The Pledge of Allegiance
(c) How to write their names
(d) Addition and subtraction
15. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Hiding from her mother
(b) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(c) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(d) Learning how to read
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
2. What does Jo Ann claim she wants that she mispronounces?
3. Where is Rhonda from?
4. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
5. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)