|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
(c) Ms. Rain
2. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
(a) To focus on the kids that can learn
(b) To give Precious additional lessons
(c) To make her sit in the back
(d) To have a conference with Precious' parents
3. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 20, 1986
(b) September 24, 1987
(c) September 25, 1989
(d) September 30, 1988
4. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
(a) Jo Ann
5. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(b) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(c) Her mother always comments on her weight
(d) The doctor told her earlier
6. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(d) Jo Ann
7. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(b) Learning how to read
(c) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(d) Hiding from her mother
8. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tenth grade
(b) Ninth grade
(c) Eighth grade
(d) Eleventh grade
9. What does Jo Ann claim she wants that she mispronounces?
(a) Her own record layer.
(b) Enough money to get out of the garage
(c) Her own TV pile
(d) To be a heinous actress
10. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) She starts learning how to read
(b) Her mother begins beating her
(c) She starts being molested
(d) She starts to make friends
11. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Telling her to get a job
(b) Removing Precious from the check
(c) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(d) Revoking Mary's welfare
12. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
(a) Little Mongo was adopted
(b) A foster family
(c) Precious' grandmother
13. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The special education class
(b) The pre-G.E.D. class
(c) The easiest class
(d) The G.E.D. class
14. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Make an appointment with a doctor
(b) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(c) Discuss homeschooling
(d) Have a conference with Precious' mother
15. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Muffin
(b) Mrs. Butter
(c) Mrs. Pepper
(d) Mrs. Angel
Short Answer Questions
1. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
2. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
3. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
4. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
5. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)