|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Precious shove into tinfoil before leaving her house?
(a) Dry cereal
2. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
(a) Addition and subtraction
(b) The Pledge of Allegiance
(c) The alphabet
(d) How to write their names
3. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She is more driven to learn
(b) She gains weight
(c) She becomes more independent
(d) She adopts a chronic cough
4. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Eats all of the chicken
(b) Asks people for change
(c) Runs out
(d) Counts how much money she has
5. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her wallet
(b) Her fries
(c) Her notebook
(d) Her house keys
6. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
7. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(b) She wants Precious to return her books
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants to discuss Precious' education
8. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Little Mongo
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) Her grandmother
9. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 25, 1989
(b) September 20, 1986
(c) September 24, 1987
(d) September 30, 1988
10. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her wallet
(b) Her school supplies
(c) Her house keys
(d) A letter asking for help
11. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tenth grade
(b) Eighth grade
(c) Ninth grade
(d) Eleventh grade
12. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(c) Jo Ann
13. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
14. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
(a) To have a conference with Precious' parents
(b) To make her sit in the back
(c) To focus on the kids that can learn
(d) To give Precious additional lessons
15. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
2. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
3. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
4. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
5. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)