|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
(b) A crack addict
(c) An orphan
(d) An honor student
2. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(b) Home Ec
3. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) A young girl with a similar background
(b) Ms. Applebee
(c) Ms. McKnight
(d) A trauma specialist
4. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
(a) Langston Hughes
(b) The Spanish man
(d) Her father
5. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The Spanish man
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) The neighbor
6. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Discuss homeschooling
(b) Make an appointment with a doctor
(c) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(d) Have a conference with Precious' mother
7. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(b) She wants Precious to return her books
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants Precious' parents arrested
8. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She is the top student in his class
(b) She is well behaved
(c) She turns in her homework on time
(d) She yells at other students when they are unruly
9. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
(a) Takes her to church
(b) Makes her leave
(c) Beats her
(d) Takes her to the doctor
10. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
(a) He singles her out in front of the class
(b) She cannot write her own name on the board
(c) He berates her for not doing her homework
(d) She does not know what the number 122 looks like
11. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) He is uneducated and does not know better
(b) Her father was oppressed by white men
(c) He was also sexually abused as a child
(d) He felt he had the right to as her father
12. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
13. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Asks people for change
(b) Runs out
(c) Counts how much money she has
(d) Eats all of the chicken
14. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(d) North Philaldelphia
15. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
(a) Her mother beats her before she can leave
(b) She stays in bed daydreaming
(c) She takes a long shower
(d) She is bullied on her way to school
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
2. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
3. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
4. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
5. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)