|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
(a) Her second pregnancy at age sixteen
(b) Her dysfunctional home life
(c) Her relationship with Mr. Wicher
(d) Her misbehavior in class
2. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her fries
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her notebook
(d) Her house keys
3. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The Spanish man
(b) The neighbor
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
4. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(b) Learning how to read
(c) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(d) Hiding from her mother
5. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in third grade
(b) When she was in fourth grade
(c) When she was in fifth grade
(d) When she was in second grade
6. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
(a) The Spanish man
(b) Her father
(d) Langston Hughes
7. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) A name she heard on TV
(b) The same name as her father
(c) Her grandfather's name
(d) A boy's from school
8. What does Jo Ann claim she wants that she mispronounces?
(a) Her own record layer.
(b) To be a heinous actress
(c) Her own TV pile
(d) Enough money to get out of the garage
9. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(d) Jo Ann
10. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Talk to the welfare people
(b) Apply for welfare herself
(c) Pay Mary the difference
(d) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
11. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) He was also sexually abused as a child
(b) He is uneducated and does not know better
(c) Her father was oppressed by white men
(d) He felt he had the right to as her father
12. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her school supplies
(b) Her house keys
(c) A letter asking for help
(d) Her wallet
13. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
(a) They do not know how to use pens
(b) They write about their harsh backgrounds
(c) They write abrasive language
(d) They write phonetically
14. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(b) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(c) She wants Precious to return her books
(d) She wants to press charges against Precious
15. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To teach the baby how to read
(b) To send the baby to a good school
(c) To keep the baby safe
(d) To be a better mom than Mary
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
2. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
3. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
4. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
5. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)