|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) Her mother's budget
(b) An admission fee
(c) Her social security card
(d) Her previous school records
2. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(a) A Day at the Beach
(b) Goodnight, Moon
(d) Cat in the Hat
3. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The G.E.D. class
(b) The special education class
(c) The pre-G.E.D. class
(d) The easiest class
4. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her notebook
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her house keys
(d) Her fries
5. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
(a) Takes her to church
(b) Beats her
(c) Takes her to the doctor
(d) Makes her leave
6. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
(a) Write in a journal
(b) Try to learn a new word
(c) Say something nice to someone else
(d) Think of something they like about themselves
7. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
(a) Her misbehavior in class
(b) Her dysfunctional home life
(c) Her relationship with Mr. Wicher
(d) Her second pregnancy at age sixteen
8. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) Ms. McKnight
(b) Ms. Applebee
(c) A young girl with a similar background
(d) A trauma specialist
9. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Learning how to read
(b) Hiding from her mother
(c) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(d) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
10. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) Her grandfather's name
(b) The same name as her father
(c) A boy's from school
(d) A name she heard on TV
11. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
(a) If the baby will be safe from her father
(b) If the baby will like her
(c) If the baby will be retarded
(d) If the baby will look like her father
12. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) With her mother
(b) Child services
(c) Operating Room
(d) Intensive care
13. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(b) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
(c) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
(d) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
14. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Play a friendly game
(b) Pair up for problem solving
(c) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(d) Make name tags
15. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Telling her to get a job
(b) Removing Precious from the check
(c) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(d) Revoking Mary's welfare
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
2. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
3. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
4. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
5. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)