|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) He was also sexually abused as a child
(b) Her father was oppressed by white men
(c) He is uneducated and does not know better
(d) He felt he had the right to as her father
2. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(b) Home Ec
3. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
(a) Her mother and father leave her alone
(b) Men do not make lewd comments to her
(c) Her mother is nicer to her
(d) She does not have to go to school
4. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(a) Cat in the Hat
(c) Goodnight, Moon
(d) A Day at the Beach
5. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Play a friendly game
(b) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(c) Make name tags
(d) Pair up for problem solving
6. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Help her get out of her house
(b) Give her an A in all of her classes
(c) Help her through the pregnancy
(d) Apologize for suspending her
7. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Discuss homeschooling
(b) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(c) Have a conference with Precious' mother
(d) Make an appointment with a doctor
8. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Twelfth grade
(b) Eighth grade
(c) Eleventh grade
(d) Tenth grade
9. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious to return her books
(b) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants to discuss Precious' education
10. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She is more driven to learn
(b) She adopts a chronic cough
(c) She gains weight
(d) She becomes more independent
11. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
(a) She misbehaved
(b) She could not read
(c) She could not speak properly
(d) She did not attend class
12. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) The doctor told her earlier
(b) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(c) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(d) Her mother always comments on her weight
13. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) Intensive care
(b) With her mother
(c) Operating Room
(d) Child services
14. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
15. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
(a) The alphabet
(b) Addition and subtraction
(c) How to write their names
(d) The Pledge of Allegiance
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
2. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
3. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
4. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
5. When does Precious start writing her story?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)