|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
2. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(b) Make name tags
(c) Play a friendly game
(d) Pair up for problem solving
3. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
(a) They write about their harsh backgrounds
(b) They write phonetically
(c) They do not know how to use pens
(d) They write abrasive language
4. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her mother
(c) Little Mongo
(d) Her father
5. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
(a) Return home
(b) Tell the police what happened
(c) Go back to school
(d) Give up her baby
6. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Butter
(b) Mrs. Muffin
(c) Mrs. Angel
(d) Mrs. Pepper
7. What does Precious shove into tinfoil before leaving her house?
(a) Dry cereal
8. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) She starts to make friends
(b) She starts being molested
(c) She starts learning how to read
(d) Her mother begins beating her
9. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
(b) A foster family
(c) Little Mongo was adopted
(d) Precious' grandmother
10. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
(a) That it is a sales person
(b) That someone is there to take away her welfare
(c) That it is the police
(d) That it is her neighbor
11. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
12. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
(a) Beats Precious
(b) Blames Precious' mother
(c) Takes full custody of the baby
(d) Leaves for many years
13. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) Her father was oppressed by white men
(b) He was also sexually abused as a child
(c) He is uneducated and does not know better
(d) He felt he had the right to as her father
14. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) Puerto Rico
(d) El Salvador
15. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Revoking Mary's welfare
(b) Telling her to get a job
(c) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(d) Removing Precious from the check
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
2. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
3. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
4. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
5. How old is Precious when the book begins?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)