|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
(a) Addition and subtraction
(b) The alphabet
(c) The Pledge of Allegiance
(d) How to write their names
2. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
(a) If the baby will be retarded
(b) If the baby will be safe from her father
(c) If the baby will like her
(d) If the baby will look like her father
3. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
4. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
5. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(b) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(c) When Precious had her baby
(d) When Precious finally told her
6. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
7. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) The doctor told her earlier
(b) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(c) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(d) Her mother always comments on her weight
8. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(b) She wants Precious to return her books
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants to discuss Precious' education
9. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) Intensive care
(b) Operating Room
(c) Child services
(d) With her mother
10. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
11. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
(a) Takes full custody of the baby
(b) Beats Precious
(c) Leaves for many years
(d) Blames Precious' mother
12. When was Precious born?
(a) November 10, 1971
(b) November 4, 1970
(c) November 5, 1973
(d) November 11, 1972
13. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) He was also sexually abused as a child
(b) Her father was oppressed by white men
(c) He felt he had the right to as her father
(d) He is uneducated and does not know better
14. How old is Precious when the book begins?
15. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
(a) Makes her leave
(b) Beats her
(c) Takes her to the doctor
(d) Takes her to church
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
2. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
3. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
4. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
5. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)