|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The pre-G.E.D. class
(b) The G.E.D. class
(c) The easiest class
(d) The special education class
2. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(b) She wants to press charges against Precious
(c) She wants Precious to return her books
(d) She wants Precious' parents arrested
3. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
(a) Go back to school
(b) Tell the police what happened
(c) Give up her baby
(d) Return home
4. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) Nothing. The baby is fine
(b) That the baby has a terminal illness
(c) That Precious' father was not the real father
(d) That the baby has Down syndrome
5. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(b) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(c) When Precious had her baby
(d) When Precious finally told her
6. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Help her through the pregnancy
(b) Help her get out of her house
(c) Apologize for suspending her
(d) Give her an A in all of her classes
7. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her wallet
(b) Her house keys
(c) A letter asking for help
(d) Her school supplies
8. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Pepper
(b) Mrs. Muffin
(c) Mrs. Butter
(d) Mrs. Angel
9. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
10. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To be a better mom than Mary
(b) To send the baby to a good school
(c) To keep the baby safe
(d) To teach the baby how to read
11. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(b) Jo Ann
12. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) Child services
(b) With her mother
(c) Intensive care
(d) Operating Room
13. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Apply for welfare herself
(b) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(c) Talk to the welfare people
(d) Pay Mary the difference
14. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
(a) Her relationship with Mr. Wicher
(b) Her second pregnancy at age sixteen
(c) Her misbehavior in class
(d) Her dysfunctional home life
15. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 20, 1986
(b) September 24, 1987
(c) September 30, 1988
(d) September 25, 1989
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rhonda from?
2. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
3. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
4. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
5. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)