|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) The same name as her father
(b) Her grandfather's name
(c) A boy's from school
(d) A name she heard on TV
2. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
(a) She misbehaved
(b) She could not read
(c) She could not speak properly
(d) She did not attend class
3. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) El Salvador
(c) Puerto Rico
4. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(b) They like her
(c) They respect her
(d) They are scared of her
5. How old is Precious when the book begins?
6. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Removing Precious from the check
(b) Revoking Mary's welfare
(c) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(d) Telling her to get a job
7. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She is well behaved
(b) She is the top student in his class
(c) She turns in her homework on time
(d) She yells at other students when they are unruly
8. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The special education class
(b) The G.E.D. class
(c) The easiest class
(d) The pre-G.E.D. class
9. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
(a) That someone is there to take away her welfare
(b) That it is a sales person
(c) That it is the police
(d) That it is her neighbor
10. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To send the baby to a good school
(b) To teach the baby how to read
(c) To be a better mom than Mary
(d) To keep the baby safe
11. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Learning how to read
(b) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(c) Hiding from her mother
(d) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
12. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eleventh grade
(b) Tenth grade
(c) Ninth grade
(d) Eighth grade
13. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) Her mother begins beating her
(b) She starts to make friends
(c) She starts being molested
(d) She starts learning how to read
14. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
(a) Try to learn a new word
(b) Think of something they like about themselves
(c) Write in a journal
(d) Say something nice to someone else
15. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her notebook
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her fries
(d) Her house keys
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
2. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
3. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
4. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
5. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)