|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(c) North Philaldelphia
2. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To be a better mom than Mary
(b) To send the baby to a good school
(c) To keep the baby safe
(d) To teach the baby how to read
3. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her wallet
(b) A letter asking for help
(c) Her house keys
(d) Her school supplies
4. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(a) Home Ec
5. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She is more driven to learn
(b) She adopts a chronic cough
(c) She gains weight
(d) She becomes more independent
6. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has a terminal illness
(b) Nothing. The baby is fine
(c) That the baby has Down syndrome
(d) That Precious' father was not the real father
7. When was Precious born?
(a) November 4, 1970
(b) November 11, 1972
(c) November 5, 1973
(d) November 10, 1971
8. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Eats all of the chicken
(b) Counts how much money she has
(c) Asks people for change
(d) Runs out
9. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
(a) She did not attend class
(b) She misbehaved
(c) She could not speak properly
(d) She could not read
10. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
(a) A name she heard on TV
(b) A boy's from school
(c) Her grandfather's name
(d) The same name as her father
11. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Apply for welfare herself
(b) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(c) Pay Mary the difference
(d) Talk to the welfare people
12. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
(a) The pre-G.E.D. class
(b) The special education class
(c) The easiest class
(d) The G.E.D. class
13. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
(a) Go back to school
(b) Give up her baby
(c) Return home
(d) Tell the police what happened
14. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
(a) That it is a sales person
(b) That it is her neighbor
(c) That it is the police
(d) That someone is there to take away her welfare
15. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They respect her
(b) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(c) They are scared of her
(d) They like her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
2. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
3. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
4. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
5. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)