|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
(b) Ms. Rain
2. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(b) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants Precious to return her books
3. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious had her baby
(b) When Precious finally told her
(c) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(d) When Precious was nine months pregnant
4. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in fourth grade
(b) When she was in third grade
(c) When she was in fifth grade
(d) When she was in second grade
5. What does Precious shove into tinfoil before leaving her house?
(c) Dry cereal
6. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
(a) Holding a knife
(b) Hiding from her father
(c) Doing her homework
(d) Arguing with Mrs. Lichenstein
7. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(b) The doctor told her earlier
(c) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(d) Her mother always comments on her weight
8. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She yells at other students when they are unruly
(b) She turns in her homework on time
(c) She is well behaved
(d) She is the top student in his class
9. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her notebook
(b) Her house keys
(c) Her wallet
(d) Her fries
10. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Pair up for problem solving
(b) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(c) Make name tags
(d) Play a friendly game
11. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(b) Learning how to read
(c) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(d) Hiding from her mother
12. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Counts how much money she has
(b) Eats all of the chicken
(c) Runs out
(d) Asks people for change
13. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
(d) Jo Ann
14. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
(a) Makes her get a job
(b) Forces her out of the house
(c) Molests her
(d) Abandons her
15. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
2. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
3. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
4. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
5. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)