|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) Puerto Rico
(c) El Salvador
2. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
3. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Twelfth grade
(b) Eighth grade
(c) Eleventh grade
(d) Tenth grade
4. What do the girls learn as a group at the Alternative School?
(a) How to write their names
(b) Addition and subtraction
(c) The Pledge of Allegiance
(d) The alphabet
5. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(b) Jo Ann
6. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That Precious' father was not the real father
(b) That the baby has a terminal illness
(c) That the baby has Down syndrome
(d) Nothing. The baby is fine
7. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
(a) If the baby will be safe from her father
(b) If the baby will look like her father
(c) If the baby will like her
(d) If the baby will be retarded
8. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Make name tags
(b) Play a friendly game
(c) Pair up for problem solving
(d) Sit in a circle and do introductions
9. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
(a) That it is the police
(b) That someone is there to take away her welfare
(c) That it is a sales person
(d) That it is her neighbor
10. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The neighbor
(b) Her mother
(c) The Spanish man
(d) Her father
11. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
(a) Takes full custody of the baby
(b) Leaves for many years
(c) Blames Precious' mother
(d) Beats Precious
12. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eleventh grade
(b) Ninth grade
(c) Tenth grade
(d) Eighth grade
13. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) A trauma specialist
(b) Ms. Applebee
(c) A young girl with a similar background
(d) Ms. McKnight
14. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
15. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) Her mother's budget
(b) An admission fee
(c) Her social security card
(d) Her previous school records
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
2. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
3. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
4. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
5. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)