|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since Mary last left the house?
2. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Removing Precious from the check
(b) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(c) Telling her to get a job
(d) Revoking Mary's welfare
3. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) Nothing. The baby is fine
(b) That the baby has a terminal illness
(c) That Precious' father was not the real father
(d) That the baby has Down syndrome
4. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To be a better mom than Mary
(b) To teach the baby how to read
(c) To keep the baby safe
(d) To send the baby to a good school
5. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) A letter asking for help
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her house keys
(d) Her school supplies
6. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
(b) An honor student
(c) An orphan
(d) A crack addict
7. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Have a conference with Precious' mother
(b) Discuss homeschooling
(c) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(d) Make an appointment with a doctor
8. Where is Rhonda from?
(b) El Salvador
(d) Puerto Rico
9. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
10. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) Her mother always comments on her weight
(b) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(c) The doctor told her earlier
(d) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
11. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
12. When was Precious born?
(a) November 10, 1971
(b) November 4, 1970
(c) November 5, 1973
(d) November 11, 1972
13. How old is Precious when the book begins?
14. What does Precious shove into tinfoil before leaving her house?
(c) Dry cereal
15. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
(b) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(c) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
(d) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
2. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
3. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
4. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
5. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)