|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) That the baby has Down syndrome
(b) Nothing. The baby is fine
(c) That the baby has a terminal illness
(d) That Precious' father was not the real father
2. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) Child services
(b) With her mother
(c) Operating Room
(d) Intensive care
3. When Precious starts thinking about kindergarten and first grade, what does she remember?
(a) She made good friends on her first day
(b) Her teacher embarrassed her in front of the class
(c) It was not that hard
(d) Kids laughed at the way she spoke
4. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Little Mongo
(b) Her grandmother
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
5. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
(a) Her mother is nicer to her
(b) Men do not make lewd comments to her
(c) She does not have to go to school
(d) Her mother and father leave her alone
6. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
(a) If the other kids are smarter than her
(b) If the teacher will berate her for being late
(c) If the kids will taunt her
(d) If she will pee her pants
7. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
8. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
(a) Think of something they like about themselves
(b) Try to learn a new word
(c) Write in a journal
(d) Say something nice to someone else
9. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) The doctor told her earlier
(b) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(c) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(d) Her mother always comments on her weight
10. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
(a) If the baby will be retarded
(b) If the baby will like her
(c) If the baby will be safe from her father
(d) If the baby will look like her father
11. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) Her mother begins beating her
(b) She starts being molested
(c) She starts to make friends
(d) She starts learning how to read
12. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
(a) A crack addict
(c) An honor student
(d) An orphan
13. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
(d) North Philaldelphia
14. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
15. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
(a) She turns in her homework on time
(b) She yells at other students when they are unruly
(c) She is well behaved
(d) She is the top student in his class
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does Precious sign up for after taking the Alternative School's test?
2. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
3. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
4. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
5. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)