|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
(a) Her second pregnancy at age sixteen
(b) Her dysfunctional home life
(c) Her misbehavior in class
(d) Her relationship with Mr. Wicher
2. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
(a) If the other kids are smarter than her
(b) If the kids will taunt her
(c) If the teacher will berate her for being late
(d) If she will pee her pants
3. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
(b) Apply for welfare herself
(c) Pay Mary the difference
(d) Talk to the welfare people
4. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(b) When Precious finally told her
(c) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(d) When Precious had her baby
5. What does Jo Ann claim she wants that she mispronounces?
(a) Her own TV pile
(b) Her own record layer.
(c) To be a heinous actress
(d) Enough money to get out of the garage
6. How old is Precious when the book begins?
7. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(a) Home Ec
8. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
(a) She wants Precious' parents arrested
(b) She wants to discuss Precious' education
(c) She wants to press charges against Precious
(d) She wants Precious to return her books
9. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
(a) Recite the ABC's
(b) Tell a story to the class
(c) Spell their names on the board
(d) Come to her office in alphabetical order
10. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(b) They like her
(c) They respect her
(d) They are scared of her
11. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(b) Her mother always comments on her weight
(c) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
(d) The doctor told her earlier
12. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
(a) Men do not make lewd comments to her
(b) Her mother is nicer to her
(c) Her mother and father leave her alone
(d) She does not have to go to school
13. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
(b) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
(c) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(d) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
14. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in second grade
(b) When she was in third grade
(c) When she was in fourth grade
(d) When she was in fifth grade
15. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Help her through the pregnancy
(b) Give her an A in all of her classes
(c) Help her get out of her house
(d) Apologize for suspending her
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Precious tell Mrs. Butter is the name of her baby?
2. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
3. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
4. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
5. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)