|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
(c) Jo Ann
2. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(a) A Day at the Beach
(c) Goodnight, Moon
(d) Cat in the Hat
3. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
4. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(b) Jo Ann
5. Who does Mrs. Lichenstein want Precious to visit at the Higher Education Alternative/Each One Teach One?
(a) Ms. Applebee
(b) A trauma specialist
(c) Ms. McKnight
(d) A young girl with a similar background
6. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They are scared of her
(b) They respect her
(c) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(d) They like her
7. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Butter
(b) Mrs. Pepper
(c) Mrs. Muffin
(d) Mrs. Angel
8. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
(a) They write about their harsh backgrounds
(b) They write abrasive language
(c) They do not know how to use pens
(d) They write phonetically
9. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Apply for welfare herself
(b) Pay Mary the difference
(c) Talk to the welfare people
(d) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
10. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her notebook
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her fries
(d) Her house keys
11. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
(a) Men do not make lewd comments to her
(b) Her mother and father leave her alone
(c) Her mother is nicer to her
(d) She does not have to go to school
12. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To teach the baby how to read
(b) To keep the baby safe
(c) To be a better mom than Mary
(d) To send the baby to a good school
13. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
14. What does Mrs. Lichenstein talk about with Precious in her office?
(a) Her second pregnancy at age sixteen
(b) Her misbehavior in class
(c) Her relationship with Mr. Wicher
(d) Her dysfunctional home life
15. Who does Precious believe to be a real man?
(b) The Spanish man
(c) Her father
(d) Langston Hughes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
2. Why is Mrs. Lichenstein at Precious' house when time returns to the present in Chapter 1?
3. Who takes a pass on answering Ms. Rain's questions about herself?
4. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
5. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)