|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Make an appointment with a doctor
(b) Have a conference with Precious' mother
(c) Discuss homeschooling
(d) Find adoptive parents for the baby
2. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Make name tags
(b) Play a friendly game
(c) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(d) Pair up for problem solving
3. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
(a) Tell a story to the class
(b) Spell their names on the board
(c) Come to her office in alphabetical order
(d) Recite the ABC's
4. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They like her
(b) They respect her
(c) They are scared of her
(d) They do not like Mr. Wicher
5. What does Precious tell the class she is good at?
6. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
(a) She is more driven to learn
(b) She adopts a chronic cough
(c) She gains weight
(d) She becomes more independent
7. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) She starts being molested
(b) She starts to make friends
(c) Her mother begins beating her
(d) She starts learning how to read
8. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) An admission fee
(b) Her social security card
(c) Her previous school records
(d) Her mother's budget
9. Who claims to be in the wrong class and not illiterate?
(c) Jo Ann
10. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
(a) She is bullied on her way to school
(b) She stays in bed daydreaming
(c) Her mother beats her before she can leave
(d) She takes a long shower
11. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
(a) Arguing with Mrs. Lichenstein
(b) Holding a knife
(c) Doing her homework
(d) Hiding from her father
12. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
(a) To be a better mom than Mary
(b) To send the baby to a good school
(c) To teach the baby how to read
(d) To keep the baby safe
13. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(a) Jo Ann
14. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
(a) If her mother will make her get rid of the baby
(b) What she will name her baby
(c) If she acted irrationally toward Mrs. Lichenstein
(d) When she had her first baby
15. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(b) When Precious finally told her
(c) When Precious had her baby
(d) When Precious began getting morning sickness
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
2. What does Precious nickname the black nurse at the hospital?
3. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
4. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
5. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)