|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
(a) Her social security card
(b) Her previous school records
(c) Her mother's budget
(d) An admission fee
2. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(b) Cat in the Hat
(c) A Day at the Beach
(d) Goodnight, Moon
3. How old is Precious when the book begins?
4. What does Jo Ann claim she wants that she mispronounces?
(a) Enough money to get out of the garage
(b) Her own record layer.
(c) Her own TV pile
(d) To be a heinous actress
5. What does Ms. Rain have the girls do once they are all in attendance?
(a) Play a friendly game
(b) Sit in a circle and do introductions
(c) Pair up for problem solving
(d) Make name tags
6. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
(a) She did not attend class
(b) She could not speak properly
(c) She misbehaved
(d) She could not read
7. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in fourth grade
(b) When she was in third grade
(c) When she was in fifth grade
(d) When she was in second grade
8. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
(a) Her mother and father leave her alone
(b) She does not have to go to school
(c) Men do not make lewd comments to her
(d) Her mother is nicer to her
9. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
(c) Ms. Rain
10. What is Precious' mother worried about when she hears Mrs. Lichenstein at the door?
(a) That it is the police
(b) That someone is there to take away her welfare
(c) That it is her neighbor
(d) That it is a sales person
11. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
12. Where is Rhonda from?
(a) Puerto Rico
(c) El Salvador
13. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Help her through the pregnancy
(b) Give her an A in all of her classes
(c) Apologize for suspending her
(d) Help her get out of her house
14. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
(a) Doing her homework
(b) Arguing with Mrs. Lichenstein
(c) Holding a knife
(d) Hiding from her father
15. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
(a) Her mother always comments on her weight
(b) The doctor told her earlier
(c) Her home scale only goes to two hundred
(d) She has been eating a lot due to the pregnancy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Precious nervous about when she enters the classroom on her first day at the Alternative School?
2. What results from the encounters that begin happening to Precious in second grade?
3. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
4. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
5. What does Precious promise her unborn baby as she speaks to it?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)