|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her house keys
(b) Her fries
(c) Her wallet
(d) Her notebook
2. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
(b) Jo Ann
3. What does Precious leave on the counter of the fast food restaurant?
(a) Her wallet
(b) Her school supplies
(c) A letter asking for help
(d) Her house keys
4. What does Ms. Rain ask the girls to do that terrifies Precious?
(a) Recite the ABC's
(b) Spell their names on the board
(c) Come to her office in alphabetical order
(d) Tell a story to the class
5. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Eighth grade
(b) Tenth grade
(c) Eleventh grade
(d) Ninth grade
6. What does Precious do when she orders chicken and the girl goes to the back for the fries?
(a) Runs out
(b) Eats all of the chicken
(c) Counts how much money she has
(d) Asks people for change
7. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
(a) She does not know what the number 122 looks like
(b) She cannot write her own name on the board
(c) He singles her out in front of the class
(d) He berates her for not doing her homework
8. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 20, 1986
(b) September 25, 1989
(c) September 30, 1988
(d) September 24, 1987
9. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) Her father was oppressed by white men
(b) He felt he had the right to as her father
(c) He is uneducated and does not know better
(d) He was also sexually abused as a child
10. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Alerting the IRS about Mary
(b) Removing Precious from the check
(c) Telling her to get a job
(d) Revoking Mary's welfare
11. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They do not like Mr. Wicher
(b) They respect her
(c) They like her
(d) They are scared of her
12. How old is Precious when the book begins?
13. What does Precious wonder about after her mother takes her back home?
(a) If she acted irrationally toward Mrs. Lichenstein
(b) When she had her first baby
(c) If her mother will make her get rid of the baby
(d) What she will name her baby
14. What does Ms. Rain want the girls to do every day?
(a) Think of something they like about themselves
(b) Write in a journal
(c) Try to learn a new word
(d) Say something nice to someone else
15. What is revealed about Precious' first baby when she flashes back to the memory of having her?
(a) Nothing. The baby is fine
(b) That the baby has Down syndrome
(c) That the baby has a terminal illness
(d) That Precious' father was not the real father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carl, Precious' father, do after learning of Little Mongo?
2. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
3. Why does Mr. Wicher like Precious?
4. Why is Precious almost late for her first day of school at the Alternative School?
5. Where is Rhonda from?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)