|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in third grade
(b) When she was in fourth grade
(c) When she was in fifth grade
(d) When she was in second grade
2. What does Precious refuse to do at the hospital after Mrs. Butter questions her?
(a) Give up her baby
(b) Return home
(c) Go back to school
(d) Tell the police what happened
3. Where does Mrs. Butter tell Precious her baby is?
(a) Intensive care
(b) With her mother
(c) Child services
(d) Operating Room
4. What does Precious' mother do to Precious three months after Little Mongo is born?
(a) Makes her get a job
(b) Forces her out of the house
(c) Molests her
(d) Abandons her
5. Why is the girls' handwriting difficult to read?
(a) They write about their harsh backgrounds
(b) They do not know how to use pens
(c) They write phonetically
(d) They write abrasive language
6. How old is Precious when the book begins?
7. When Precious starts thinking about kindergarten and first grade, what does she remember?
(a) She made good friends on her first day
(b) It was not that hard
(c) Kids laughed at the way she spoke
(d) Her teacher embarrassed her in front of the class
8. For Precious to talk to Mrs. Lichenstein, what does she want Mrs. Lichenstein to do?
(a) Apologize for suspending her
(b) Give her an A in all of her classes
(c) Help her get out of her house
(d) Help her through the pregnancy
9. Who does Precious claim she feels like?
(a) Her grandmother
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) Little Mongo
10. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(b) When Precious finally told her
(c) When Precious was nine months pregnant
(d) When Precious had her baby
11. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The neighbor
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) The Spanish man
12. Why does Precious claim the students listen to her?
(a) They like her
(b) They are scared of her
(c) They respect her
(d) They do not like Mr. Wicher
13. What book does Ms. Rain help Precious read through?
(b) A Day at the Beach
(c) Cat in the Hat
(d) Goodnight, Moon
14. How does Precious think Farrakhan would explain why her father raped her?
(a) He is uneducated and does not know better
(b) He was also sexually abused as a child
(c) He felt he had the right to as her father
(d) Her father was oppressed by white men
15. Who does Precious' first baby, Little Mongo, live with?
(a) Precious' grandmother
(b) A foster family
(c) Little Mongo was adopted
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
2. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
3. Who is considered the class clown in Ms. Rain's class?
4. What does the secretary at the Alternative School need from Precious to see if she is eligible for the program?
5. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)