|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Precious attack Mrs. Lichenstein?
(a) Precious does not trust Mrs. Lichenstein
(b) Mrs. Lichenstein suggests giving the baby away
(c) Precious thinks Mrs. Lichenstein is racist
(d) Mrs. Lichenstein suspends her
2. What does Mrs. Lichenstein suggest she and Precious do?
(a) Find adoptive parents for the baby
(b) Make an appointment with a doctor
(c) Discuss homeschooling
(d) Have a conference with Precious' mother
3. What does Precious promise her mother she will do about the welfare?
(a) Pay Mary the difference
(b) Talk to the welfare people
(c) Apply for welfare herself
(d) Go to more classes to be a full-time student
4. Who does Precious consider a "God" after she is taken to the hospital and has her baby?
(a) The Spanish man
(b) Her mother
(c) Her father
(d) The neighbor
5. What is the welfare office doing that Mary is upset about?
(a) Telling her to get a job
(b) Removing Precious from the check
(c) Revoking Mary's welfare
(d) Alerting the IRS about Mary
6. Who loans Precious money for lunch, causing her to cry?
(b) Ms. Rain
7. What does Jo Ann have that belongs to Precious?
(a) Her notebook
(b) Her wallet
(c) Her house keys
(d) Her fries
8. What does Precious' mother do when she finds out about Precious' first pregnancy?
(a) Takes her to church
(b) Makes her leave
(c) Takes her to the doctor
(d) Beats her
9. When did Precious' mother notice that Precious was pregnant with her first baby?
(a) When Precious had her baby
(b) When Precious began getting morning sickness
(c) When Precious finally told her
(d) When Precious was nine months pregnant
10. What does Precious wonder about her second baby?
(a) If the baby will be retarded
(b) If the baby will be safe from her father
(c) If the baby will look like her father
(d) If the baby will like her
11. What is Precious doing when she returns back to present time from the memory of Little Mongo in Chapter 1?
(a) Sneaking out to the Alternative School
(b) Hiding from her mother
(c) Knitting a surprise for Little Mongo
(d) Learning how to read
12. What is the only thing Precious likes about being pregnant?
(a) Her mother is nicer to her
(b) Men do not make lewd comments to her
(c) Her mother and father leave her alone
(d) She does not have to go to school
13. What was Rita before she attended the Alternative School?
(a) A crack addict
(c) An honor student
(d) An orphan
14. When time jumps back to when Precious is sixteen in Chapter 1, what is she doing?
(a) Doing her homework
(b) Arguing with Mrs. Lichenstein
(c) Holding a knife
(d) Hiding from her father
15. How many classmates does Precious have in her class with Ms. Rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain tell the girls that they can call her?
2. What city did Jermaine leave to get out of trouble?
3. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
4. How does Precious know she weighs more than two hundred pounds?
5. When does Precious start writing her story?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)