|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Rain point out in Precious' journal entry that she reads aloud to the class?
(a) The abuse she has encountered
(b) Her emotional attachment to Abdul
(c) Her hate for her mother.
(d) Stealing the counselor's file
2. What does Precious wake up to discover one evening at the temporary shelter?
(a) Someone stealing her shoes
(b) Shouting and cussing
(c) A fight that broke out over food
(d) Someone stealing Abdul
3. What does the principal tell Precious' teacher in second grade who tries to help her?
(a) To focus on the kids that can learn
(b) To give Precious additional lessons
(c) To make her sit in the back
(d) To have a conference with Precious' parents
4. What subject did Precious once receive an A in?
(d) Home Ec
5. What begins to happen to Precious in second grade?
(a) She starts to make friends
(b) She starts learning how to read
(c) She starts being molested
(d) Her mother begins beating her
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the reader discover does not have HIV?
2. What does Precious want to have checked out?
3. What happens when Precious tells the social worker that Little Mongo does not live with her?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Precious wonder about Carl when she thinks about her first baby?
5. Why does Precious not want to go to counseling?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)