1. How old is Precious when the book begins?
2. What grade is Precious in at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tenth grade
(b) Eighth grade
(c) Eleventh grade
(d) Ninth grade
3. What grade is Precious supposed to be in?
(a) Eighth grade
(b) Eleventh grade
(c) Twelfth grade
(d) Tenth grade
4. What is one of the reasons why Precious was held back in the second grade?
(a) She did not attend class
(b) She misbehaved
(c) She could not speak properly
(d) She could not read
5. How old is Precious when she leaves school to have her daughter?
6. When did Precious' father begin raping her?
(a) When she was in second grade
(b) When she was in third grade
(c) When she was in fifth grade
(d) When she was in fourth grade
7. When does Precious start writing her story?
(a) September 30, 1988
(b) September 25, 1989
(c) September 20, 1986
(d) September 24, 1987
8. Why does Precious yell at her math teacher, Mr. Wicher?
(a) She cannot write her own name on the board
(b) She does not know what the number 122 looks like
(c) He berates her for not doing her homework
(d) He singles her out in front of the class
This section contains 4,992 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)