|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in dusty clothes hand to Alquezar?
2. Who first spots Alatriste in the crowd?
3. How does Elvira answer to all the questions from the Inquisition?
4. What does Vicuna say has happened to Inigo?
5. What is the title of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is Elvira in in this section?
2. What is Malatesta's condition when Alatriste visits him in this section?
3. Why does Alatrste think he is safe in the gambling house?
4. How did the auto-da-fe make sure it stayed a religious ceremony?
5. Why does Alatriste almost kill Alquezar?
6. How does Angelica save her uncle's life?
7. How does Elvira lessen the pain of burning at the stake?
8. Describe the duel between Malatesta and Altriste in this section?
9. Why does Inigo feign sleep when Alatriste arrives home?
10. How does Alatriste manage to escape Alquezar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Don Quevedo's reasons for helping Vicente? Can Don Quevedo's anti-semitism in his poems be excused in any way? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Inigo's character across the whole series. How does the author develop Inigo's character across the whole series? What new elements does Purity of Blood add to Inigo's character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Inigo's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end. What did Inigo hope to achieve at the beginning of the book? What events change Inigo's ideas about life? How has Inigo's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)