|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Domincans say is wrong with the de la Cruz family?
2. What language did Doego Alatriste have a taste in before he ran away?
3. How does Inigo describe the humming noise he hears?
4. Who was following the de la Cruzes?
5. Inigo insists that he comes from __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does the Inquisition already have with the de la Cruzes?
2. Why is Alatriste thinking of returning to the Netherlands?
3. How has Malatesta's attitude towards Inigo changed?
4. What does the Chief Constable find on the dead woman's body?
5. How have the priests convinced the nuns at the convent to sleep with them?
6. How does Inigo respond to questioning?
7. How does Inigo let Altriste down again in this section?
8. How does Alatriste force the two boys to back down in this section?
9. Describe the woman who has been killed at the beginning of this section?
10. What does Saldana think the evidence at the scene of the crime says about the murderer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Don Quevedo's reasons for helping Vicente? Can Don Quevedo's anti-semitism in his poems be excused in any way? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Inigo's character across the whole series. How does the author develop Inigo's character across the whole series? What new elements does Purity of Blood add to Inigo's character?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)