|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alatriste offer Olivares in return for helping him free Inigo?
(a) All of his fortune.
(b) His services anytime.
(c) The hand of his daughter.
(d) His house.
2. Why does Quevedo say the Inquisition can't arrest them?
(a) They can't afford the bad publicity.
(b) They don't have the money to search for them.
(c) They don't know who they are.
(d) They don't have enough evidence.
3. Why does Inigo kill the rat in his cell?
(a) It was mocking him.
(b) To stop it spreading diseases.
(c) To stop it from biting him.
(d) It made too much noise.
4. Why do the men scatter out of the alley like rats?
(a) A gun fires.
(b) Someone shouts Alatriste's name.
(c) Someone screams Inquisition.
(d) They see a squad of constables arrive.
5. What does Inigo have to witness in this section?
(a) The death of Vicente.
(b) The torture of Angelica.
(c) The questionning of Alvira.
(d) The death of Alatriste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Quevedo say is the Inquisition's enemy?
2. Who was murdered outside the Last Adoratrices Benitas?
3. Who has persuaded King Philip IV to ban gambling?
4. Why does Alatriste stop fighting Malatesta?
5. What is the name of the man making inquiries about Inigo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is Elvira in in this section?
2. How does Elvira lessen the pain of burning at the stake?
3. How did Quevedo get the release of Inigo authorized?
4. What does Jose Pellicer say in his weekly bulletin?
5. Why does Olvares say there is nothing he can do to help Inigo?
6. Why does Inigo feign sleep when Alatriste arrives home?
7. Describe the conversation between Malatesta and Alatrista in this section?
8. What does Inigo do as he waits in his prison cell?
9. How does Angelica save her uncle's life?
10. What does Olivares say will happen to Inigo in the coming weeks?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)