|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alatriste offer Olivares in return for helping him free Inigo?
(a) His services anytime.
(b) All of his fortune.
(c) His house.
(d) The hand of his daughter.
2. Who was murdered outside the Last Adoratrices Benitas?
3. Who assures Alatriste it is safe to return home?
(b) La Lebrijana.
(c) Don Quevedo.
(d) Martin Saldana.
4. With whom do Alatriste and don Quevedo have a secret meeting?
(b) De Olivares.
(c) De Alquezar.
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) Men of One Book.
(c) The Men of Many Religions.
(d) The Fields of Communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man in dusty clothes hand to Alquezar?
2. What does Don Quevedo regret in this section?
3. Where was Quevedo meeting Alatriste in half-an-hour?
4. What is the name of the strangled woman?
5. What does Inigo claim as the Inquistion beats him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Malatesta and Alatrista in this section?
2. How did the auto-da-fe make sure it stayed a religious ceremony?
3. Why does Alatrste think he is safe in the gambling house?
4. What is Malatesta's condition when Alatriste visits him in this section?
5. How does Alatriste persuade Oliveres to help him in this section?
6. According to don Quevedo, what has happened to their friends involved in the ambush?
7. What condition is Elvira in in this section?
8. How did Quevedo get the release of Inigo authorized?
9. What does Conde de Guadalmedina say are the intentions of the Inquisiton?
10. How does Elvira incriminate Inigo in this section?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)