|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the young men find frightening about Alatriste's face?
(a) Its pimples.
(b) Its sardonic smile.
(c) Its scars.
(d) Its dour expression.
2. What does the narator say is the only thing the Spanish have left in their pockets?
3. What has Elvira been accused of inciting among her fellow nuns?
(a) Buddhist practices.
(b) Christian practises.
(c) Hebrew practises.
(d) Muslim practises.
4. In what form are bull fights often celebrated?
(c) Short stories.
5. What does Inigo tell Angelica he would give to save her?
(a) His sword.
(b) His money.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Alatriste told Inigo to do once he had opened the side door?
2. What do the swarm of black clad men cry in the name of?
3. The dead woman's head dress and gown lend her the look of __________.
4. How had the woman found in the sedan chair been killed?
5. Whom do the Domincans ask Inigo about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inigo respond to questioning?
2. How does Inigo know Alatriste has escaped?
3. How have the priests convinced the nuns at the convent to sleep with them?
4. What efforts has Vicente made to get his daughter back from Coroado?
5. How did Alatriste Kill the young nephew of Conde de Guadalmedina?
6. How does Alatriste force the two boys to back down in this section?
7. Why is Alatriste thinking of returning to the Netherlands?
8. How does Alatriste manage to avoid the challenge with the young men?
9. How does Alatriste's situation mirror that of Spain's?
10. What does de Quvedo tell Alatriste about the new job he has for him?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)