|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Conde de Olivares' wife?
(a) Marie Cornette.
(b) Philipa Esteban.
(c) Teresa de Guzman.
(d) Esther Benitas.
2. In what form are bull fights often celebrated?
(c) Short stories.
3. Who is Inigo taken before to get him to talk?
(c) Royal advisors.
4. What does the narrator compare to an anthill?
(a) The road leading to the town center.
(b) The mountaiins in the distance.
(c) The steps of the townhall.
(d) The steps of the church.
5. Whom does the narrator meet on the top steps when he goes out onto the hall?
(a) De Quevedo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are offenses settled at the de la Vega gate?
2. Inigo thinks the woman he can hear screaming is ______________.
3. Who scales the garden wall?
4. What is the constable more interested in than the murder?
5. In what war does Inigo say his father fought and died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does the Inquisition already have with the de la Cruzes?
2. How is Inigo caught in this section?
3. What is Vincente's opinion on Sor Josefa?
4. What does the Chief Constable find on the dead woman's body?
5. How does Inigo know Alatriste has escaped?
6. How are the de le Cruzes and their hired swords found out?
7. How has Malatesta's attitude towards Inigo changed?
8. What does Vicente say about Coroado?
9. What does de Quvedo tell Alatriste about the new job he has for him?
10. What does this section suggest about the words on the woman's note?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)