|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) The People's Needs.
(b) Spanish Moss.
(c) The Neck and the Noose.
(d) The Case of the Missing Spanish Crown.
2. What is the name of the bridge Angelica's carriage passes over?
(a) Turk Bridge.
(b) Alquezar Bridge.
(c) Segovia Bridge.
(d) Triste Bridge.
3. Where does the narrator say the danger in life lies?
(a) In not knowing things.
(b) In not following your instincts.
(c) In admitting you know things.
(d) In wandering into the unknown.
4. Where does Inigo awaken?
(a) On a riverside.
(b) In a courtroom.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a carriage.
5. What does Sor Josefa have a reputation at court for being?
(a) A pious woman.
(b) A spoilt brat.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A disciplined woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Cuesta is deaf to _____________.
2. Where do the young women of the convent watch the mass?
3. Where had the chief constable served as a soldier?
4. What does the narrator say every thirteen year old wants to taste from the world?
5. How did Philip the Fourth respond to the warm ovation given to him by the crowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alatriste's situation mirror that of Spain's?
2. Describe the fight between the Inquisition and the men.
3. What does de Quvedo tell Alatriste about the new job he has for him?
4. How do the Domincans interrogate Inigo?
5. What does this section suggest about the words on the woman's note?
6. How does Inigo let Altriste down again in this section?
7. Describe the conversation between Inigo and Angelica in this section?
8. How does Alatriste force the two boys to back down in this section?
9. What does Vicente say about Coroado?
10. How has Malatesta's attitude towards Inigo changed?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)