|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men scatter out of the alley like rats?
(a) They see a squad of constables arrive.
(b) Someone shouts Alatriste's name.
(c) A gun fires.
(d) Someone screams Inquisition.
2. Who does Quevedo say is the Inquisition's enemy?
(a) Marie Theresa.
(b) Father Perez.
(c) Father Coroado.
3. Why is Quevedo in a better position than Alatriste?
(a) He has tickets to leave the country whenever he wants.
(b) He is better connected.
(c) He cares about death.
(d) His name has not been made public.
4. What does Alatriste knock over in Alquezar's bedroom?
(a) A glass.
(b) A photo frame.
(c) A jug.
(d) A vase.
5. What mercy will the prisoners who recant their crimes be given?
(a) They will gullotined.
(b) They will be knocked out.
(c) They will be garroted.
(d) They will be shot.
6. What does Angelica do when she passes Inigo?
(a) Blows him a kiss.
(b) Closes her window curtain.
(c) Throws a stone at him.
(d) Sticks out her tongue.
7. What will the Holy Office celebrate on the first Sunday?
(b) An auto-de-fe.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A christening.
8. Who first spots Alatriste in the crowd?
9. Who has persuaded King Philip IV to ban gambling?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Church.
(c) His mother.
(d) The government.
10. What does Don Quevedo regret in this section?
(a) He couldn't shoot Alquezar.
(b) He could lift the arrest warrant on Alatriste.
(c) He couldn't bring down the Church.
(d) He couldn't save Elvira.
11. To what town did Quevedo ride?
12. Where does Alatriste wound Malatesta before he leaves?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The thigh.
(c) The cheek.
(d) The chest.
13. Where has Quevedo been hiding out?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) A library.
(c) A brothel.
(d) The sewers.
14. Who, other than Luis de la Cruz, was killed by the Inquisition?
15. With whom do Alatriste and don Quevedo have a secret meeting?
(c) De Olivares.
(d) De Alquezar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 9?
2. The inquisition ask Elvira questions about whom?
3. Which two people does Guadalmedina say will be burned at the stake?
4. Of which of the following crimes is Elvira de la Cruz being convicted?
5. Who does Don Quevedo say was the fourth target of the ambush?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)