|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malatesta say he didn't enjoy doing?
(a) Watching Elvira die.
(b) Working for the Inquisition.
(c) Handing Inigo over to the Inquisition.
(d) Duelling with Alatriste.
2. Who takes their place in the balconies overlooking the plaza?
(a) Alatriste and Queveda.
(b) The local government.
(c) The royal court.
(d) The priests.
3. Who does Saldana say has powerful backers?
4. How does Alatriste kill the first man?
(a) He slashes his throat.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He garrots him.
(d) He cuts open his chest.
5. Who leads the Tribunal of Six?
6. What two people does Quevedo say have been arrested?
(a) Elvira and Inigo.
(b) Vicente and Luis.
(c) Saldana and Perez.
(d) Inigo and Angelica.
7. Who does Don Quevedo say was the fourth target of the ambush?
8. Of which of the following crimes is Elvira de la Cruz being convicted?
(a) Being underage.
(b) Being a follower of Mohammed.
(c) Being a Judaizer.
(d) Being a non-believer.
9. What is the name of the strangled woman?
(a) Angelica de Malatesta.
(b) Esther Estebiano.
(c) Lauren Wren.
(d) Maria Monuenga.
10. With what is Inigo's robe adorned?
(a) St. Wenscelas' cross.
(b) St. Peter's cross.
(c) St. Andrew's cross.
(d) St. David's cross.
11. What does Alatriste offer Olivares in return for helping him free Inigo?
(a) The hand of his daughter.
(b) His house.
(c) All of his fortune.
(d) His services anytime.
12. What did the strangled woman serve as in the convent?
(a) A nun.
(b) A priestess.
(c) A duenna.
(d) A cleaner.
13. What have permanently crippled Elvira's joints?
(a) The thumb screw.
(b) The Chinese burn.
(c) The iron maiden.
(d) The rack.
14. What is the name of Alatriste's lover?
(c) La Gouda.
(d) La Lebrijana.
15. What is the name of the cruelest priest?
(b) De la Cruz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose apartment does Alatriste visit in this section?
2. With whom does Inigo claim to be in love?
3. What does Angelica do when she passes Inigo?
4. Why does Saldana think Alatriste will find it difficult to do anything about Inigo?
5. Where was Quevedo meeting Alatriste in half-an-hour?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)