|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Malatesta wound Alatriste?
(a) The hip.
(b) The leg.
(c) The foot.
(d) The cheek.
2. Where was Quevedo meeting Alatriste in half-an-hour?
(a) Toledo Alley.
(b) Candes Street.
(c) Luminere Cafe.
(d) San Gines Alley.
3. What happens in San Gines Alley most nights?
(a) Business dealings.
(c) Sword fights.
4. Why does Quevedo say the Inquisition can't arrest them?
(a) They don't have enough evidence.
(b) They don't know who they are.
(c) They don't have the money to search for them.
(d) They can't afford the bad publicity.
5. Where is Inigo at the beginning of this section?
(b) The Holy Office.
(c) Alatriste's lodgings.
(d) Quevedo's house.
6. What have permanently crippled Elvira's joints?
(a) The rack.
(b) The Chinese burn.
(c) The iron maiden.
(d) The thumb screw.
7. With whom does Inigo claim to be in love?
8. What kind of people does the book suggest utilized the holy practice of sanctuary?
(b) The homeless.
(d) Pregnant women.
9. Who does Don Quevedo say was the fourth target of the ambush?
10. What is the name of the man making inquiries about Inigo?
11. Why is Quevedo in a better position than Alatriste?
(a) He is better connected.
(b) He has tickets to leave the country whenever he wants.
(c) He cares about death.
(d) His name has not been made public.
12. Why does Alatriste stop fighting Malatesta?
(a) He hears Inigo's voice.
(b) A third man enters the alleyway.
(c) The police come.
(d) He begs for mercy.
13. Where does Alquezar get his short sword?
(a) From his wardrobe.
(b) From his chest of drawers.
(c) From under his bed.
(d) From a shelf.
14. Where has Quevedo been hiding out?
(a) A library.
(b) The sewers.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A friend's house.
15. How does Alatriste delay the servants?
(a) He yanks down a chandelier.
(b) He shoots at them.
(c) He pulls on a piece of carpet.
(d) He throws marbles down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the strangled woman?
2. What is Malatesta surrounded by as he is lying wounded on his bed?
3. With what is Inigo's robe adorned?
4. How does Alatriste know Inigo is not destined for the stake?
5. What records does the Aragon town keep in its green book?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)