|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Olivares want to help set Inigo free?
(a) He has no money.
(b) It would mean too many concessions.
(c) He would be killed for doing so.
(d) He thinks Inigo is guilty.
2. Why do the men scatter out of the alley like rats?
(a) Someone screams Inquisition.
(b) They see a squad of constables arrive.
(c) Someone shouts Alatriste's name.
(d) A gun fires.
3. Whom does Inigo recognize as the traveler in this section?
(b) Luis de Alquezar.
(c) Don Quevedo.
4. Who assures Alatriste it is safe to return home?
(b) La Lebrijana.
(c) Don Quevedo.
(d) Martin Saldana.
5. Of which of the following crimes is Elvira de la Cruz being convicted?
(a) Being a non-believer.
(b) Being underage.
(c) Being a Judaizer.
(d) Being a follower of Mohammed.
6. Which two people does Guadalmedina say will be burned at the stake?
(a) Elvira and Angelica.
(b) Alatriste and Vicente.
(c) Alatriste and Inigo.
(d) Inigo and Elvira.
7. How does Alatriste escape Alquezar's house?
(a) Down a vine.
(b) Through the attic.
(c) Through his bedroom window.
(d) Out of the front door.
8. What of the following words does Olivares write down?
9. Where has Alatriste been hiding out?
(a) A brothel.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) A bar.
(d) A gambling house.
10. What does Malatesta say he didn't enjoy doing?
(a) Handing Inigo over to the Inquisition.
(b) Duelling with Alatriste.
(c) Watching Elvira die.
(d) Working for the Inquisition.
11. What does Alatriste put to Alquezar's throat?
(a) A sword.
(b) A gun.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A garotte.
12. Where was Quevedo meeting Alatriste in half-an-hour?
(a) Luminere Cafe.
(b) Candes Street.
(c) Toledo Alley.
(d) San Gines Alley.
13. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(b) San Gines Alley.
(c) Give in Or it Will Hurt.
(d) Diego, Diego.
14. Why does Inigo regret killing the rat?
(a) He will be forced to eat.
(b) Years are added onto his sentence.
(c) It obviously suffered.
(d) He feels lonely.
15. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) The Men of Many Religions.
(c) The Fields of Communism.
(d) Men of One Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alatriste meet Cagafuego?
2. Why does Saldana think Alatriste will find it difficult to do anything about Inigo?
3. What have permanently crippled Elvira's joints?
4. What is the name of the man making inquiries about Inigo?
5. Why does Quevedo say the Inquisition can't arrest them?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)