|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who scales the garden wall?
(c) De la Cruz.
2. What does Sor Josefa have a reputation at court for being?
(a) An atheist.
(b) A disciplined woman.
(c) A pious woman.
(d) A spoilt brat.
3. Inigo insists that he comes from __________.
(a) A Christian family.
(b) A Muslim family.
(c) An atheist family.
(d) A communist family.
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Peeping Tom.
(b) Death to the Roses.
(c) In God's Name.
(d) For Pete's Sake.
5. Which character does Inigo find mortally wounded?
(a) Vicente de la Cruz.
(c) Luis de la Cruz.
6. In what city is the Holy Office?
7. Whom does Inigo claim he happened upon as he was walking the streets?
(a) A crying child.
(b) A broken crucifix.
(c) A crying nun.
(d) A wounded man.
8. What does de Quevedo's silence seem to say when he looks at Alatriste?
(a) We are closer than ever.
(b) Are bond is strong.
(c) Please don't leave me now.
(d) You are the only one who can help me.
9. What does the narator say is the only thing the Spanish have left in their pockets?
10. Where do Alatriste, Inigo and don Quevedo go to mass in this section?
(a) Las Benitas.
(b) Las Guzman.
(c) Las Conde.
(d) Las Coroado.
11. What made Inigo forget the fact people were following Alatriste?
(a) The church bells started ringing.
(b) A street performance began.
(c) Someone shouted out his name.
(d) Anjelica was passing in her carriage.
12. What was written on the note found in the dead woman's pouch?
(a) Dead souls weep.
(b) Weeping kills the hybrids, laughing raises them to the roof.
(c) For masses for your soul.
(d) The peak of life.
13. What is it said that Martin Saldana is not so slow in doing?
(a) Chatting up women.
(b) Hurling an insult.
(c) Drinking a beer.
(d) Drawing a weapon.
14. Where does Inigo presume they are taking him?
(a) To the dungeons of the Holy Office.
(b) To the Inquisition torture room.
(c) To the Covent prison.
(d) To the king's chambers.
15. What language did Doego Alatriste have a taste in before he ran away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say has quickened the constable and Diego's thirst?
2. Who drags Inigo from the carriage?
3. What country is Malatesta from?
4. Which famous book did Louis Hurtado translate?
5. What does Vincente de la Cruz stand before the narrator holding?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)