|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the young men find frightening about Alatriste's face?
(a) Its dour expression.
(b) Its scars.
(c) Its sardonic smile.
(d) Its pimples.
2. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Peeping Tom.
(b) For Pete's Sake.
(c) In God's Name.
(d) Death to the Roses.
3. What does the narrator say has quickened the constable and Diego's thirst?
(a) The hot sun.
(b) Bull running.
(c) The pretty women.
(d) Verbal sparring.
4. What is the currency of Spain in this novel?
5. What does Angelica slip into Inigo's hand?
(a) A charm.
(b) A letter.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A photo.
6. Where does Inigo awaken?
(a) In a courtroom.
(b) On a riverside.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In prison.
7. What is Alatriste looking for as he examines the exterior of the convent?
(a) Wearing of the stones.
(b) Signs of a scuffle.
(c) Evidence linking Coroado to the murder.
(d) Points of entry.
8. Who was following the de la Cruzes?
(a) The Inquisition.
(b) The FBI.
(c) Members of the convent.
(d) The military.
9. What weapon does Inigo take from Luis de la Cruz?
(a) His pistol.
(b) His shield.
(c) His sword.
(d) His dagger.
10. What language did Doego Alatriste have a taste in before he ran away?
11. How does Alatriste respond to the soldiers who greet him?
(a) He touches the brim of his hat.
(b) He kisses them.
(c) He waves his hand.
(d) He smiles.
12. What does Inigo feign when he is asked to name names?
(a) Confusion and distress.
(c) Memory loss.
(d) Love and tenderness.
13. What does Sor Josefa ask God to send the king and queen?
(a) Female heirs.
(b) Male heirs.
14. What had Alatriste told Inigo to do once he had opened the side door?
(a) Guard the door.
(b) Return home.
(c) Enter the convent.
(d) Wait in the coach.
15. What question is Inigo replying to when he is shouted over by the screams of a tortured woman?
(a) Where did you last see Alatriste?
(b) How old are you?
(c) Where do you live?
(d) How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country does a priest say Inigo's last name is most common?
2. What has Elvira been accused of inciting among her fellow nuns?
3. Which character does the author say is a man of few words?
4. What did Diego Alatriste enlist as in the army?
5. What had steel flashed like in the ugly scuffle?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)