|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important position does Angelica's uncle hold?
(a) Royal secretary.
(b) Royal advisor.
(c) Royal footman.
(d) Royal butler.
2. What prayer does Inigo have to recite?
(a) The Lord's Prayer.
(b) The Hail Mary.
(c) The Salvation Prayer.
(d) The Harvest Prayer.
3. What was used to strangle the dead woman?
(a) A silk cord.
(b) A red ribbon.
(c) A satin tie.
(d) A sailor's rope.
4. Inigo thinks the woman he can hear screaming is ______________.
5. In what city is the Holy Office?
6. How did Philip the Fourth respond to the warm ovation given to him by the crowd?
(a) He doffed his hat.
(b) He raised his arms.
(c) He threw them flowers.
(d) He waved back at them.
7. In what form are bull fights often celebrated?
(a) Short stories.
8. What country is Malatesta from?
9. What is the name of the bridge Angelica's carriage passes over?
(a) Alquezar Bridge.
(b) Triste Bridge.
(c) Turk Bridge.
(d) Segovia Bridge.
10. What is the first thing that happens to Inigo in the dungeons?
(a) He is stripped and searched.
(b) He is strapped to a rack.
(c) He is hit on the head and stamped on.
(d) He is given food and water.
11. What is it always good to have a sense of before the dance?
(a) The company.
(b) The music.
(c) One's body.
(d) The dance steps.
12. What was written on the note found in the dead woman's pouch?
(a) Weeping kills the hybrids, laughing raises them to the roof.
(b) Dead souls weep.
(c) The peak of life.
(d) For masses for your soul.
13. Which famous book did Louis Hurtado translate?
(a) Funny Bones.
(b) Palmerin of England.
(c) Auto de Fe.
(d) The Pilgrim.
14. What is the name of the tavern the narrator and his friends visit?
15. Who found the chief constable his current position in the police force?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) His step-father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drags Inigo from the carriage?
2. What ethnicity does Quevedo think flows through Gongora's blood?
3. What is the currency of Spain in this novel?
4. What is it said that Martin Saldana is not so slow in doing?
5. What is the penalty for breaking into a convent?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)