|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inigo feign when he is asked to name names?
(a) Confusion and distress.
(c) Love and tenderness.
(d) Memory loss.
2. How does Alatriste respond to the soldiers who greet him?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He kisses them.
(c) He waves his hand.
(d) He touches the brim of his hat.
3. Where do Alatriste, Inigo and don Quevedo go to mass in this section?
(a) Las Benitas.
(b) Las Coroado.
(c) Las Conde.
(d) Las Guzman.
4. What do the Domincans say is wrong with the de la Cruz family?
(a) They are traitors.
(b) They have a head sickness.
(c) They are sexless.
(d) There blood is impure.
5. Who, other than Alatriste, examines the church's exterior wall?
(a) De la Cruz's eldest son.
(c) De Olivares.
(d) De la Cruz'z youngest son.
6. Whom do the Domincans ask Inigo about?
7. What does the narrator say is eating Spain's heart?
8. Where does Inigo awaken?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On a riverside.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a courtroom.
9. Whom does Inigo claim he happened upon as he was walking the streets?
(a) A crying child.
(b) A wounded man.
(c) A broken crucifix.
(d) A crying nun.
10. How did Philip the Fourth respond to the warm ovation given to him by the crowd?
(a) He threw them flowers.
(b) He raised his arms.
(c) He waved back at them.
(d) He doffed his hat.
11. What was the name of the tavern where Inigio had left Alatriste?
(a) Tavern of the Flight.
(b) Tavern of the English.
(c) Tarven of the Turk.
(d) Taven of the Birds.
12. What question is Inigo replying to when he is shouted over by the screams of a tortured woman?
(a) How old are you?
(b) How many brothers and sisters do you have?
(c) Where do you live?
(d) Where did you last see Alatriste?
13. What do the young men find frightening about Alatriste's face?
(a) Its dour expression.
(b) Its scars.
(c) Its pimples.
(d) Its sardonic smile.
14. What had steel flashed like in the ugly scuffle?
(a) The sun.
(b) Pale white skin.
(d) White teeth.
15. What was written on the note found in the dead woman's pouch?
(a) Dead souls weep.
(b) Weeping kills the hybrids, laughing raises them to the roof.
(c) For masses for your soul.
(d) The peak of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 5?
2. Who drags Inigo from the carriage?
3. Whom does the narrator meet on the top steps when he goes out onto the hall?
4. What prayer does Inigo have to recite?
5. Where does the captain say he will accompany the two young popinjays if they don't retract their words?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)