|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear fine ladies and gentlemen saying as they step out of the plaza?
(a) What a fine day.
(b) Fetch my coach.
(c) Justice for the bulls.
(d) Get me a drink.
2. What was written on the note found in the dead woman's pouch?
(a) Weeping kills the hybrids, laughing raises them to the roof.
(b) Dead souls weep.
(c) The peak of life.
(d) For masses for your soul.
3. What does the narrator say has quickened the constable and Diego's thirst?
(a) The pretty women.
(b) Bull running.
(c) The hot sun.
(d) Verbal sparring.
4. Whom does the narrator meet on the top steps when he goes out onto the hall?
(b) De Quevedo.
5. How had the woman found in the sedan chair been killed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was stabbed.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She had been drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare to an anthill?
2. What country does the narrator say despises Spain?
3. What would Captain Alatriste do when he had too much to drink?
4. What does Sor Josefa have a reputation at court for being?
5. What is it said that Martin Saldana is not so slow in doing?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)