|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say has quickened the constable and Diego's thirst?
(a) The pretty women.
(b) Bull running.
(c) The hot sun.
(d) Verbal sparring.
2. What is the constable more interested in than the murder?
(a) The performance of the bulls.
(b) His brother's illness.
(c) The performance of the horses.
(d) The soccer scores.
3. What is the penalty for breaking into a convent?
(a) A public stoning.
(b) Community service.
(d) Life in prison.
4. How did Philip the Fourth respond to the warm ovation given to him by the crowd?
(a) He raised his arms.
(b) He doffed his hat.
(c) He waved back at them.
(d) He threw them flowers.
5. What is it said that Martin Saldana is not so slow in doing?
(a) Drinking a beer.
(b) Hurling an insult.
(c) Chatting up women.
(d) Drawing a weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sor Josefa ask God to send the king and queen?
2. Which character does the author say is a man of few words?
3. What does the narrator hear fine ladies and gentlemen saying as they step out of the plaza?
4. What had steel flashed like in the ugly scuffle?
5. Captain Cuesta is deaf to _____________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)