|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Genesis provide in relation to animals?
2. Douglas states that which group of people regard external forms as empty?
3. In which type of world view does Douglas believe the world is seen as subjective and personal?
4. Primitive ideas of which item have various symbolic meanings, due to Douglas' claims?
5. Which of the following is an example of Douglas' social control?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Douglas state embraces harmony, order, and meaning?
2. Douglas states that if progress is considered to be differentiation, primitive culture is more what?
3. According to Douglas, who had contempt for primitive society through preconceived judgments?
4. According to Douglas, morality is wrongly assumed to protect who?
5. What does Douglas describe as morality's intent to ensure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Robertson's beliefs?
2. How is schematizing disrupted, according to Douglas?
3. What is the role of men-centered religions on a culture as described by Douglas?
4. What does Douglas describe as being the factors that rituals require?
5. How does the Old Testament relate to purity, in Douglas' opinion?
6. Describe economic reality in relation to primitive and modern cultures, according to Douglas.
7. What is the anti-ritual prejudice that Douglas describes?
8. What were Durkheim's beliefs?
9. Which cultures does Douglas describe as avoiding pollution and why?
10. What is isolation's role in health concerns?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)