|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not interfere with separation in Douglas' beliefs?
(c) Eating an earth animal.
(d) Fighting in a polluted state.
2. Which of the following is not involved in categorizing?
3. What does Douglas believe has inspired the distinction between primitive and non-primitive cultures?
4. Which of the following does Douglas describe primitive cultures as using?
(b) The Bible.
(d) Ethics training.
5. According to Purity and Danger, which of the following can an impersonal universal power not do?
(a) Reveal secrets.
(b) Make moral judgments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following relationships is unclear to Douglas?
2. Which of the following transmits disease and has a toxic influence, according to Douglas?
3. Douglas states that all of the following can help to achieve purity except for what?
4. What does order reject, according to Chapter 2?
5. What does holiness imply, according to Douglas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Douglas describe as being the factors that rituals require?
2. What does Douglas believe has led to the belief that primitive cultures are inferior?
3. What were Frazer's beliefs?
4. What does Douglas believe you need to understand to study purity?
5. Describe the rationale for the classification of animals.
6. How does Douglas believe that one can one maintain holiness?
7. What is isolation's role in health concerns?
8. What were Durkheim's beliefs?
9. Describe purification as it relates to Sumerian civilization.
10. How does the Old Testament relate to purity, in Douglas' opinion?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)