|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom tell his unlce the twins are?
2. What does Tom take with him to St. Louis?
3. Who first told Tom about Roxana's escape?
4. How does Tom travel to St. Louis?
5. How much does Tom get from the sale of Roxana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Luigi once kill a man?
2. Why are the twins accused of murdering Judge Driscoll?
3. What did Roxana threaten to do if Tom tried to send her back to the farm?
4. How did Roxana escape from the farmer she was sold to?
5. Why does Roxana tell Tom that she is so sure that Judge Driscoll will not live much longer?
6. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
7. What does the Judge plan to do with the information Tom gives him about the twins?
8. What does Luigi plan to do in response to what Judge Driscoll said on election day, and why doesn't he?
9. What does Tom do to make himself feel better after learning the truth about his birth?
10. What does Tom say to embarrass David Wilson in front of the twins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the main suspects for the murder, and what made them such prime suspects?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Luigi and Angelo are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)