|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom promise to protect Roxana when she runs away?
2. What political office is Wilson told to run for?
3. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
4. What does Roxana disguise herself as when she runs away after being sold?
5. What was stolen from the twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Tom steal from his neighbors' houses and why?
2. How does Judge Driscoll respond to the news that his nephew was humiliated at the meeting?
3. Why are the twins accused of murdering Judge Driscoll?
4. What does Tom say to embarrass David Wilson in front of the twins?
5. What does Roxana make Tom promise to do before he goes to St. Louis after the duel?
6. What did Roxana threaten to do if Tom tried to send her back to the farm?
7. What does the Judge plan to do with the information Tom gives him about the twins?
8. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
9. Why did Luigi once kill a man?
10. What is Wilson's plan to catch the thief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Luigi and Angelo are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Responsibility and coming of age are two themes that are interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)