|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom ask Wilson in order to embarrass him?
2. How does Tom decide to handle his humiliation at the meeting?
3. Why do Tom's friends not notice the change in his attitude after he learns the truth of his birth?
4. What does Tom tell his unlce the twins are?
5. When does Judge Driscoll decide to tell the town what Tom has told him about the twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom do to make himself feel better after learning the truth about his birth?
2. What happened when Tom tried to steal money from his uncle?
3. How does Tom hide his appearance while robbing from his neighbors?
4. How did Tom decide to settle his humiliation during the meeting?
5. What does the Judge plan to do with the information Tom gives him about the twins?
6. When does Tom steal from his neighbors' houses and why?
7. Why does Roxana tell Tom that she is so sure that Judge Driscoll will not live much longer?
8. How does Wilson respond to the idea that Tom gives about why his plan hasn't worked to catch the thief?
9. What happens when Tom rides to St. Louis to pay part of his gambling debt?
10. What does Luigi plan to do in response to what Judge Driscoll said on election day, and why doesn't he?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Wilson's enjoyment of fingerprints change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Luigi and Angelo are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)