|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Judge Driscoll decide to tell the town what Tom has told him about the twins?
2. Who has made a plan to catch the thief?
3. Why does Wilson agree to represent the accused?
4. Where was Roxana sent to work after she was sold?
5. What season is Election Day held in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roxana tell Tom that she is so sure that Judge Driscoll will not live much longer?
2. What did Roxana threaten to do if Tom tried to send her back to the farm?
3. When does Tom steal from his neighbors' houses and why?
4. Why does Roxana want Tom to go to St. Louis?
5. Why does Tom tell Judge Driscoll he did not challenge Luigi to a duel?
6. What happens when Wilson reads Luigi's palm?
7. What does the Judge plan to do with the information Tom gives him about the twins?
8. What does Tom do to make himself feel better after learning the truth about his birth?
9. How did Tom decide to settle his humiliation during the meeting?
10. What happened when Tom tried to steal money from his uncle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming of age are two themes that are interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Mark Twain have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
How does Wilson's enjoyment of fingerprints change the course of the plot?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)