|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom say the thief might not have been caught?
2. Who does Luigi get to represent him in court?
3. What does Judge Driscoll call the twins in his speech on Election Day?
4. How does Angelo show what his gift from a prince looked like?
5. Why does Tom hate that his uncle did not die in the duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom do to make himself feel better after learning the truth about his birth?
2. Why does Tom tell Wilson he thinks his plan has not worked to catch the thief?
3. Why does Roxana want Tom to go to St. Louis?
4. How does Wilson respond to the idea that Tom gives about why his plan hasn't worked to catch the thief?
5. Why did Luigi once kill a man?
6. Why does Roxana tell Tom that she is so sure that Judge Driscoll will not live much longer?
7. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
8. What does the Judge plan to do with the information Tom gives him about the twins?
9. How did Tom decide to settle his humiliation during the meeting?
10. How does Judge Driscoll respond to the news that his nephew was humiliated at the meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how do these affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Mark Twain have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)