|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Roxana get back to Dawson's landing?
2. How much gambling debt has Tom incurred when he meets Roxana?
3. How many people come to stay with Aunt Patsy?
4. What is Roxana saving up money for?
5. What happens to Roxana when Percy dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roxana do to prepare for her retirement?
2. What happens to Tom when Percy dies?
3. How does Tom treat Chambers and Roxana as he grows up?
4. Who is the most prominent person in Dawson's Landing?
5. What does Chambers protect Tom from?
6. What was David doing when he saw a strange sight in Tom's bedroom?
7. What does Judge Driscoll do when the Italian twins come to town?
8. How does David Wilson feel about the twins when he meets them?
9. What is Roxana's first idea to deal with the worry she feels after the trial for the slaves?
10. What does Tom do when he goes to college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Power and Greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)