|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roxana dress her baby in when she gets worried after the trial?
2. What elite society does Judge Driscoll belong to?
3. How does the Tom feel about the person who likes to protect him?
4. Where has Roxana been living since she got back to Dawson's Landing?
5. Who is the slave boy sold to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roxana worry about after completing her plan to give her son a good life, and what happens?
2. Why is Roxana not accused of being part of the theft?
3. Who lives with Judge Driscoll?
4. Why does Roxana quit her job, and what horrible surprise greets her?
5. What happens to Roxana after Percy dies?
6. What does Roxana say when she meets with Tom in the haunted house?
7. What does Chambers protect Tom from?
8. What does Judge Driscoll do when the Italian twins come to town?
9. What strange sight does Wilson see in Tom's room one night?
10. What caused Tom to get cut out of Judge Driscoll's will the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What does "down river" symbolize to the characters in this book, and how does this affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tom's relationship with Roxana change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)