|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the slave boy when he is sold?
2. What was the most prominent man in town never able to have?
3. What does Roxana call her son?
4. What does Percy's slave name her baby?
5. What does Aunt Patsy do to make extra money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Tom to get cut out of Judge Driscoll's will the first time?
2. How does David Wilson feel about the twins when he meets them?
3. What does Roxana notice when she dresses her son in Tom's clothes?
4. What does Tom decide to do after his college experience?
5. What does Roxana say when she meets with Tom in the haunted house?
6. What happens to Tom when Percy dies?
7. What happens to Roxana after Percy dies?
8. What does Judge Driscoll do when the Italian twins come to town?
9. Why does Tom have such few friends after his college experience?
10. Why is Roxana not accused of being part of the theft?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Judge Driscoll choose to raise Tom and why? How does this decision affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Chambers respond to his freedom, and why is this so surprising?
Essay Topic 3
This plot takes place during the slavery era. How did this time shape the main characters in the book?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)