|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wilson keep all the samples he collects?
2. What is David Wilson's occupation?
3. What does Roxana decide to do after changing her mind about what to do about her worries?
4. How does the Tom feel about the person who likes to protect him?
5. How many slaves come forward with information of who committed the crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom decide to do after his college experience?
2. What does Judge Driscoll do when the Italian twins come to town?
3. What does Roxana say when she meets with Tom in the haunted house?
4. What does Wilson like to collect from the people in town?
5. What happened to most of Judge Driscoll's nieces and nephews?
6. How does Wilson make a negative impression on the town?
7. What does Roxana notice when she dresses her son in Tom's clothes?
8. What was David doing when he saw a strange sight in Tom's bedroom?
9. How does Tom plan to pay his gambling debt when he meets with Roxana?
10. Who lives with Judge Driscoll?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Mark Twain have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)