|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has made a plan to catch the thief?
(d) Judge Driscoll.
2. How does Tom feel about himself after learning the truth of his birth?
3. Who first told Tom about Roxana's escape?
(a) The overseer.
(b) The farmer.
(d) The steamboat owner.
4. How does Angelo show what his gift from a prince looked like?
(a) He pulls it out of his bag.
(b) He shows a photograph.
(c) He draws a sketch.
(d) He describes it.
5. When does Judge Driscoll decide to tell the town what Tom has told him about the twins?
(a) At church.
(c) On election day.
(d) During the trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Wilson wait for the thief to be caught?
2. How does Tom try to win his uncle's trust?
3. What did Angelo once get from a Prince?
4. Where does Tom meet with Roxana after she was sold?
5. What is the supposed motive for the accused murderer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom tell Wilson he thinks his plan has not worked to catch the thief?
2. Why does Tom tell Judge Driscoll he did not challenge Luigi to a duel?
3. What happened when Tom tried to steal money from his uncle?
4. What does Roxana make Tom promise to do before he goes to St. Louis after the duel?
5. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
6. What happens when Tom rides to St. Louis to pay part of his gambling debt?
7. How did Roxana escape from the farmer she was sold to?
8. How does Tom hide his appearance while robbing from his neighbors?
9. What does Tom say to embarrass David Wilson in front of the twins?
10. What did Roxana threaten to do if Tom tried to send her back to the farm?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)