|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes mayor on Election Day?
(a) Judge Driscoll.
2. What season is Election Day held in?
3. Where was Roxana sent to work after she was sold?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The house.
(c) The fields.
(d) The kitchen.
4. Why does Wilson agree to represent the accused?
(a) He has good evidence.
(b) He does not believe they are guilty.
(c) He has wanted to be a lawyer for a long time.
(d) He thinks it is his moral duty.
5. Who first told Tom about Roxana's escape?
(a) The steamboat owner.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson see when he reads Luigi's palm?
2. What was stolen from the twins?
3. Where was the Prince from who gave Angelo a gift?
4. What has Wilson never been able to read much in his palm reading hobby?
5. What does Judge Driscoll call the twins in his speech on Election Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Tom steal from his neighbors' houses and why?
2. What did Roxana threaten to do if Tom tried to send her back to the farm?
3. What does Roxana make Tom promise to do before he goes to St. Louis after the duel?
4. Why does Tom tell Judge Driscoll he did not challenge Luigi to a duel?
5. What does Tom say to embarrass David Wilson in front of the twins?
6. Why are the twins accused of murdering Judge Driscoll?
7. What happens when Tom rides to St. Louis to pay part of his gambling debt?
8. What does Judge Driscoll do on Election Day?
9. How does Tom hide his appearance while robbing from his neighbors?
10. What does Tom do to make himself feel better after learning the truth about his birth?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)