|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs into the house after the Judge is stabbed?
(a) David Wilson.
(b) Aunt Pratt.
(c) The twins.
2. What has Wilson never been able to read much in his palm reading hobby?
(a) The past.
(b) The romantic senses.
(c) The life line.
(d) The future.
3. Where does Roxana go after helping her son pay his debts?
(b) Down river.
(c) Judge Driscoll's house.
4. Where does Tom tell his uncle he was when he heard about what the twins were?
(a) Aunt Patsy's house.
(b) The meeting.
(c) Wilson's house.
5. Where does Roxana tell Tom to go after the duel?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tom's friends not notice the change in his attitude after he learns the truth of his birth?
2. When does Judge Driscoll decide to tell the town what Tom has told him about the twins?
3. Where was Roxana sent to work after she was sold?
4. What does Judge Driscoll do to punish Tom when he hears how Tom handled his humiliation at the meeting?
5. How does Judge Driscoll think Tom should have handled his humiliation at the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Judge Driscoll do on Election Day?
2. What happens when Wilson reads Luigi's palm?
3. What does Roxana make Tom promise to do before he goes to St. Louis after the duel?
4. When does Tom steal from his neighbors' houses and why?
5. How does Wilson respond to the idea that Tom gives about why his plan hasn't worked to catch the thief?
6. Why does Tom tell Wilson he thinks his plan has not worked to catch the thief?
7. Why did Luigi once kill a man?
8. What is Wilson's plan to catch the thief?
9. How does Judge Driscoll respond to the news that his nephew was humiliated at the meeting?
10. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)