|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Driscoll call the twins in his speech on Election Day?
2. How does Tom travel to St. Louis?
(b) Stage coach.
(c) Motor car.
3. Who does Luigi get to represent him in court?
(d) Sheriff Cooper.
4. How does Tom dress when he commits crimes?
(a) Like a scholar.
(b) Like a slave.
(c) Like a woman.
(d) Like his uncle.
5. How does Angelo show what his gift from a prince looked like?
(a) He pulls it out of his bag.
(b) He describes it.
(c) He draws a sketch.
(d) He shows a photograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson see when he reads Luigi's palm?
2. Who first told Tom about Roxana's escape?
3. Where does Roxana tell Tom to go after the duel?
4. What does Judge Driscoll do to repair the family name after hearing about Tom's humiliation at the meeting?
5. Who does Tom tell about his thoughts about why Wilson's plan has not worked to catch the thief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
2. How did Roxana escape from the farmer she was sold to?
3. Why does Tom tell Judge Driscoll he did not challenge Luigi to a duel?
4. When does Tom steal from his neighbors' houses and why?
5. Why does Roxana want Tom to go to St. Louis?
6. What happened when Tom tried to steal money from his uncle?
7. What does Tom say to embarrass David Wilson in front of the twins?
8. What is Wilson's plan to catch the thief?
9. What happens when Wilson reads Luigi's palm?
10. What does Judge Driscoll do on Election Day?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)