|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson see when he reads Luigi's palm?
(a) A secret.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) A lover.
(d) A lie.
2. Who told Tom to return to St. Louis for a time?
(c) Aunt Pratt.
(d) Judge Driscoll.
3. What political position is Judge Driscoll running for?
(d) Chief Justice.
4. Who runs into the house after the Judge is stabbed?
(a) David Wilson.
(c) The twins.
(d) Aunt Pratt.
5. What happens at the end of the meeting?
(a) A fire breaks out.
(b) A man is stabbed.
(c) The meeting tent falls down.
(d) Tom is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom dress when he commits crimes?
2. Where was the Prince from who gave Angelo a gift?
3. Why does Judge Driscoll decide to re-write his will?
4. Who took the item from the twins?
5. How does Judge Driscoll think Tom should have handled his humiliation at the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Roxana tell Tom that she is so sure that Judge Driscoll will not live much longer?
2. How does Wilson respond to the idea that Tom gives about why his plan hasn't worked to catch the thief?
3. What does Judge Driscoll do on Election Day?
4. Why are the twins accused of murdering Judge Driscoll?
5. What happens when Wilson reads Luigi's palm?
6. What does Tom do to make himself feel better after learning the truth about his birth?
7. Why did Luigi once kill a man?
8. What does Tom say to embarrass David Wilson in front of the twins?
9. Why does Roxana want Tom to go to St. Louis?
10. What happens when Tom rides to St. Louis to pay part of his gambling debt?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)