|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most prominent man in the town?
(a) Dr. Wilson.
(b) Major Wilstead.
(c) Sherriff Thompson.
(d) Judge Driscoll.
2. How does the slave boy treat Tom as they grow up?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With disdain.
(c) With brotherly affection.
(d) With protection.
3. How does Tom grow up to be?
(a) Spoiled and selfish.
(b) Happy and content.
(c) Quiet and meek.
(d) Kind and unintelligent.
4. Why is Roxana cleared of the crime that the Percy slaves were accused of?
(a) She was serving dinner.
(b) She was caring for the babies.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She discovered religion.
5. What does the Tom need protection from?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Roxana treated by Tom as he grows up?
2. What does Tom offer to Roxana to get her to keep quiet?
3. How does Tom get high debts?
4. Why is Wilson unable to get good clients in the new town?
5. What makes Aunt Patsy something of a celebrity in the area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Aunt Patsy something of a celebrity in the town?
2. What does Tom decide to do after his college experience?
3. What does Wilson like to collect from the people in town?
4. What happens to Roxana after Percy dies?
5. What happens to Tom when Percy dies?
6. How does Wilson make a negative impression on the town?
7. What does Roxana become worried about after the trial for the slaves involved in the theft?
8. What happened to most of Judge Driscoll's nieces and nephews?
9. Why is Roxana not accused of being part of the theft?
10. What does Roxana worry about after completing her plan to give her son a good life, and what happens?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)