|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson like to collect?
(a) Hair strands.
(c) Drops of blood.
(d) Boot marks.
2. What does Tom say after his life has been saved?
(a) He is grateful to be alive.
(b) He wishes he would have died.
(c) He was just pretending.
(d) He hates the boy who saved him.
3. What does Roxana decide to do after changing her mind about what to do about her worries?
(a) Switch the babies.
(b) Sell the baby.
(c) Kill the baby.
(d) Run away.
4. What is Aunt Patsy called by the town people?
(b) Widow Cooper.
(c) Widow Patsy.
(d) Miss Patty.
5. How much gambling debt has Tom incurred when he meets Roxana?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees a woman in Tom's room one morning?
2. How does Tom grow up to be?
3. How many people come to stay with Aunt Patsy?
4. What is the name of the most prominent man in town's only surviving nephew?
5. Where are the ancestors of the most prominent man in town from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roxana do to prepare for her retirement?
2. Who is the most prominent person in Dawson's Landing?
3. What happened to most of Judge Driscoll's nieces and nephews?
4. What is Roxana's first idea to deal with the worry she feels after the trial for the slaves?
5. What happens when some of Percy's slaves are accused of theft?
6. What does Chambers protect Tom from?
7. What does Wilson decide to do when he sees that having a law practice will not be possible in the new town?
8. What does Roxana become worried about after the trial for the slaves involved in the theft?
9. What makes Aunt Patsy something of a celebrity in the town?
10. What happens to Tom when Percy dies?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)