|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson spend time learning about while he is out of work?
(b) Law statistics.
(d) Land levelling.
2. How does the slave boy save Tom's life?
(a) He talks him down off a roof.
(b) He kills a bear.
(c) He saves him from drowning.
(d) He wards off bullies.
3. What does Wilson like to collect?
(a) Boot marks.
(b) Drops of blood.
(c) Hair strands.
4. What ailment makes Roxana quit her job?
5. What elite society does Judge Driscoll belong to?
(a) The Society of Prominent Americans.
(b) The Society of Love and Discipline.
(c) The Society of Free Thinkers.
(d) The Society for Peace Among Men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tom's aunts treat him the way they do?
2. What does Tom do that disappoints Judge Driscoll?
3. What is the name of the aunt of Tom not married to Judge Driscoll?
4. What does Roxana realize when she dresses her baby after she gets worried?
5. What college does Tom go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom have such few friends after his college experience?
2. What is Roxana's first idea to deal with the worry she feels after the trial for the slaves?
3. How does Tom plan to pay his gambling debt when he meets with Roxana?
4. How does David Wilson feel about the twins when he meets them?
5. What does Tom do when he goes to college?
6. What does Roxana worry about after completing her plan to give her son a good life, and what happens?
7. What does Roxana become worried about after the trial for the slaves involved in the theft?
8. Who lives with Judge Driscoll?
9. What did Roxana do to prepare for her retirement?
10. What strange sight does Wilson see in Tom's room one night?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)