|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in this book?
(a) Daniel's Creek.
(b) Dallin's River.
(c) Drew's Port.
(d) Dawson's Landing.
2. How long does Roxana work on the steamboat?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 7 years.
3. How long has Aunt patsy gone without making money?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
4. Who tells Roxana that Tom was briefly disinherited?
(c) Judge Driscoll.
(d) Aunt Pratt.
5. What college does Tom go to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Percy's slave put in charge of raising his son?
2. How many slaves come forward with information of who committed the crime?
3. Why does Roxana get all dressed up when she gets worried?
4. Which of the following town members belongs to the elite Society that the Judge is involved in?
5. What does Tom offer to Roxana to get her to keep quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roxana notice when she dresses her son in Tom's clothes?
2. What does Chambers protect Tom from?
3. How does Tom plan to pay his gambling debt when he meets with Roxana?
4. What is Roxana's first idea to deal with the worry she feels after the trial for the slaves?
5. What does Roxana say when she meets with Tom in the haunted house?
6. What does Tom do when he goes to college?
7. How does Roxana feel about Tom's plan to pay his gambling debt?
8. What happened to most of Judge Driscoll's nieces and nephews?
9. What happens to Tom when Percy dies?
10. What does Wilson like to collect from the people in town?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)