|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom tell about his thoughts about why Wilson's plan has not worked to catch the thief?
(a) Judge Driscoll.
(b) The constable.
(c) All of these.
2. Why does Wilson agree to represent the accused?
(a) He has wanted to be a lawyer for a long time.
(b) He has good evidence.
(c) He does not believe they are guilty.
(d) He thinks it is his moral duty.
3. What does Tom tell his unlce the twins are?
4. What has Wilson never been able to read much in his palm reading hobby?
(a) The life line.
(b) The romantic senses.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
5. Which of the following was NOT a form of transportation Roxana used when running away?
6. Who was spotted leaving the house the night of the murder?
(a) A strange woman.
(d) Aunt Pratt.
7. How does Tom dress when he commits crimes?
(a) Like a scholar.
(b) Like a slave.
(c) Like his uncle.
(d) Like a woman.
8. Where does the person with the plan to catch the thief think he will be caught?
(a) The general store.
(b) The bank.
(c) The saloon.
(d) The pawn shop.
9. What season is Election Day held in?
10. What happens at the end of the meeting?
(a) A man is stabbed.
(b) Tom is arrested.
(c) A fire breaks out.
(d) The meeting tent falls down.
11. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
(a) Allows herself to be sold as a slave.
(b) Gives him back her part of the inheritance.
(c) Gives him her precious ring.
(d) Sells her home.
12. Who does Tom go to hoping for a sympathetic ear about his humiliation at the meeting?
(b) Aunt Pratt.
13. Where does Roxana tell Tom to go after the duel?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
14. Who is Wilson with when Tom tries to embarrass him?
(a) Sheriff Cooper.
(b) The twins.
(c) Aunt Patsy.
(d) Judge Driscoll.
15. Why does Judge Driscoll decide to re-write his will?
(a) He wants to include Luigi in the will.
(b) He might die in the duel.
(c) He is angry with Tom.
(d) He has found out the truth about his nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom tell his uncle he was when he heard about what the twins were?
2. Why did Luigi kill a man?
3. What does Roxana disguise herself as when she runs away after being sold?
4. Who told Tom to return to St. Louis for a time?
5. What is the supposed motive for the accused murderer?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)