|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tom dress when he commits crimes?
(a) Like his uncle.
(b) Like a woman.
(c) Like a scholar.
(d) Like a slave.
2. What does Luigi intend to do after the Judge says horrible things about him on Election Day?
(a) Leave the town.
(b) Prove that the Judge was lying.
(c) Challenge him to a duel.
(d) Take him to court.
3. Who gave Roxana some money after she escaped?
(a) A chaplain.
(b) Judge Driscoll.
(d) The steamboat owner.
4. Who does Tom go to hoping for a sympathetic ear about his humiliation at the meeting?
(d) Aunt Pratt.
5. Where does Tom tell his uncle he was when he heard about what the twins were?
(a) Aunt Patsy's house.
(b) The meeting.
(d) Wilson's house.
6. Where does Roxana tell Tom to go after the duel?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
7. Who told Tom to return to St. Louis for a time?
(a) Aunt Pratt.
(b) Judge Driscoll.
8. What has Wilson never been able to read much in his palm reading hobby?
(a) The future.
(b) The life line.
(c) The past.
(d) The romantic senses.
9. What is the only thing that gives Tom pleasure after learning the truth of his birth?
10. What does Tom tell his unlce the twins are?
11. Who does Luigi get to represent him in court?
(a) Sheriff Cooper.
12. How much does Tom get from the sale of Roxana?
(a) One third of what he needs.
(b) Exactly what he needs.
(c) Twice what he needs.
(d) Half what he needs.
13. Why does Tom tell his uncle he did not challenge Luigi to a duel?
(a) He did not want his aunts to mourn.
(b) He wanted to be peaceable.
(c) He was afraid to face a murderer.
(d) He has no training with a gun.
14. What happens to the things Tom takes with him to St. Louis?
(a) They are discredited.
(b) They are lost.
(c) They are stolen.
(d) They are destroyed.
15. Why did Luigi kill a man?
(a) The man was accused of a crime.
(b) The man challenged him to a duel.
(c) The man violated his sister.
(d) The man was trying to kill his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angelo once get from a Prince?
2. Which of the following was NOT a form of transportation Roxana used when running away?
3. Who kicks Tom during the meeting?
4. How does Tom try to win his uncle's trust?
5. What does Roxana make Tom promise to do in a year's time after she helps him pay his debts?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)