|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was stolen from the twins?
(a) A ring.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A knife.
(d) A map.
2. What does Luigi intend to do after the Judge says horrible things about him on Election Day?
(a) Prove that the Judge was lying.
(b) Challenge him to a duel.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Take him to court.
3. What does Roxana do to help her son pay his debts?
(a) Allows herself to be sold as a slave.
(b) Gives him her precious ring.
(c) Sells her home.
(d) Gives him back her part of the inheritance.
4. What happens to the things Tom takes with him to St. Louis?
(a) They are lost.
(b) They are discredited.
(c) They are destroyed.
(d) They are stolen.
5. Who does Luigi get to represent him in court?
(a) Sheriff Cooper.
6. Who told Tom to return to St. Louis for a time?
(c) Judge Driscoll.
(d) Aunt Pratt.
7. What room of the house does Judge Driscoll go over his accounts?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His office.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The drawing room.
8. Where does Roxana tell Tom to go after the duel?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
9. How does Tom decide to handle his humiliation at the meeting?
(a) He tries to shoot him from behind.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He challenges for a duel.
(d) He takes it to court.
10. Who does Tom go to hoping for a sympathetic ear about his humiliation at the meeting?
(d) Aunt Pratt.
11. How does Tom dress when he commits crimes?
(a) Like a woman.
(b) Like a scholar.
(c) Like his uncle.
(d) Like a slave.
12. What did Judge Driscoll do early the morning after Tom's humiliation at the meeting?
(a) Went on a horse ride.
(b) Went fishing.
(c) Went on a boat road.
(d) Went to church.
13. Who does Tom tell about his thoughts about why Wilson's plan has not worked to catch the thief?
(b) All of these.
(c) The constable.
(d) Judge Driscoll.
14. What happens at the end of the meeting?
(a) A fire breaks out.
(b) A man is stabbed.
(c) The meeting tent falls down.
(d) Tom is arrested.
15. Where was Roxana sent to work after she was sold?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The fields.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Judge Driscoll decide to tell the town what Tom has told him about the twins?
2. What is a group in town trying to legalize?
3. Where was the Prince from who gave Angelo a gift?
4. What does Roxana disguise herself as when she runs away after being sold?
5. How much does Tom get from the sale of Roxana?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)