|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first told Tom about Roxana's escape?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The overseer.
(d) The steamboat owner.
2. Why does Wilson agree to represent the accused?
(a) He has good evidence.
(b) He does not believe they are guilty.
(c) He has wanted to be a lawyer for a long time.
(d) He thinks it is his moral duty.
3. Where was the Prince from who gave Angelo a gift?
4. What happens to the things Tom takes with him to St. Louis?
(a) They are lost.
(b) They are destroyed.
(c) They are discredited.
(d) They are stolen.
5. What does Luigi intend to do after the Judge says horrible things about him on Election Day?
(a) Take him to court.
(b) Prove that the Judge was lying.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Challenge him to a duel.
6. Where does Tom tell his uncle he was when he heard about what the twins were?
(a) Aunt Patsy's house.
(b) The meeting.
(c) Wilson's house.
7. What does Judge Driscoll do to repair the family name after hearing about Tom's humiliation at the meeting?
(a) Calls a formal hearing between Tom and Luigi.
(b) Challenges Luigi to a duel.
(c) Writes Tom out of the Driscoll will.
(d) Pays for the damages to the building.
8. Why did Luigi kill a man?
(a) The man violated his sister.
(b) The man was trying to kill his brother.
(c) The man challenged him to a duel.
(d) The man was accused of a crime.
9. Who does Tom go to hoping for a sympathetic ear about his humiliation at the meeting?
(c) Aunt Pratt.
10. What political position is Judge Driscoll running for?
(c) Chief Justice.
11. What does Judge Driscoll call the twins in his speech on Election Day?
12. What has Wilson never been able to read much in his palm reading hobby?
(a) The life line.
(b) The romantic senses.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
13. How does Judge Driscoll think Tom should have handled his humiliation at the meeting?
(a) Run him out of town.
(b) Taken it to court.
(c) Challenged Luigi to a duel.
(d) Hold a personal discussion.
14. How does Angelo show what his gift from a prince looked like?
(a) He pulls it out of his bag.
(b) He shows a photograph.
(c) He draws a sketch.
(d) He describes it.
15. What happens at the end of the meeting?
(a) A man is stabbed.
(b) The meeting tent falls down.
(c) Tom is arrested.
(d) A fire breaks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took the item from the twins?
2. Who runs into the house after the Judge is stabbed?
3. What is a group in town trying to legalize?
4. Where does Roxana go after helping her son pay his debts?
5. Why can't Tom sell the most valuable item he stole?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)